ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Racki

Truth be told between 2012 and 2016 I only saw a few Montini games in person. Didn't know Elmer personally, although he was a presence on this board.
Last season I saw a few games in person, I hope to see a few more this year once Montini gets into the Blue Schedule.
My hope is they stay healthy and get to 5.

I have got a question, I went to MaxPreps to look at the Montini schedule, it posted a Montini-Naz score of 58-0 from a game on Saturday morning. I thought this looks like bs. I went to the Naz schedule on MaxPreps and they have the same score posted. Does anyone know if this was a legit score, if so was it a JV game?

I watched bits and piece of that game on NFHS, don’t know the final score but it was certainly in favor of Montini.

Truth be told between 2012 and 2016 I only saw a few Montini games in person. Didn't know Elmer personally, although he was a presence on this board.
Last season I saw a few games in person, I hope to see a few more this year once Montini gets into the Blue Schedule.

I have got a question, I went to MaxPreps to look at the Montini schedule, it posted a Montini-Naz score of 58-0 from a game on Saturday morning. I thought this looks like bs. I went to the Naz schedule on MaxPreps and they have the same score posted. Does anyone know if this was a legit score, if so was it a JV game?

I watched bits and piece of that game on NFHS, don’t know the final score but it was certainly in favor of Montini.

I am no historian, but the last time I remember Montini playing Naz in football was a freshman game in 1995 or 1996 at Naz. Perhaps they have played each other since that time, but if they have I don't know about it.

Maybe we will be seeing Naz play Montini in the future at the varsity level. Its a game everyone wants to see but doesn't get scheduled.

I am no historian, but the last time I remember Montini playing Naz in football was a freshman game in 1995 or 1996 at Naz. Perhaps they have played each other since that time, but if they have I don't know about it.

Maybe we will be seeing Naz play Montini in the future at the varsity level. Its a game everyone wants to see but doesn't get scheduled.

Montini played Naz freshman in a game in 2002. Montini won.

Reactions: bronco man
For the entertainment value, I hope it’s trolling!

It was trolling, I just checked the Montini Football Twitter feed,

Montini Football‏@MontiniFootball Aug 25
Great weekend for the Broncos as we kicked off the 2018 Season! Varsity a 52-0 winner on Friday over Hyde Park. Freshman erase an 18-0 deficit to defeat Nazareth 32-30. Sophomores cap the weekend with a 34-12 victory over Nazareth this morning! We are off and running!

if you want to correct people you should have the facts straight yourself, that’s just smart business.

The funny part is you are serious and really believe that. I apologize to you. I should have relied on the internet versus the actual coaches and players that I know. My bad. Good luck moving forward.

The funny part is you are serious and really believe that. I apologize to you. I should have relied on the internet versus the actual coaches and players that I know. My bad. Good luck moving forward.
I was wrong to what I can prove right now. You corrected me, which you should have but then backed it up with slanted and factually incorrect information to prove your point. You really didn’t need to as 8 does not equal 13 but you really dug in here so I guess you’re just gonna go with the thought that rivals is lying? I guess those offers don’t really exist, maybe you can educate us again on the “difference between a verbal conversation and a legit offer”. Btw I can pull up published articles on every single kid I listed and their offers, do you really want to play the conspiracy game?

I was wrong to what I can prove right now. You corrected me, which you should have but then backed it up with slanted and factually incorrect information to prove your point. You really didn’t need to as 8 does not equal 13 but you really dug in here so I guess you’re just gonna go with the thought that rivals is lying? I guess those offers don’t really exist, maybe you can educate us again on the “difference between a verbal conversation and a legit offer”. Btw I can pull up published articles on every single kid I listed and their offers, do you really want to play the conspiracy game?

The difference between the two is one you can actually commit to and the other you can't. They do send official letters out which separate the real and the fake offers.
Nothing that I posted wasn't facts however if you believe otherwise I can respect your opinion. As stated before Good luck moving forward and have a great season.

I was following that game too on NFHS while in the stands at the Wilson game waiting for kick off. I like the new automatic camera to follow the action; not fooled as easily as the kids that used to do the video.
What do you make of 23 kids on Naz' freshmen team?

Godfthr,

I was following that game too on NFHS while in the stands at the Wilson game waiting for kick off. I like the new automatic camera to follow the action; not fooled as easily as the kids that used to do the video.
I haven't seen the cameras in action. I do see them mounted on the pressbox. I think theres 6 or 7 cameras that follow the action.

Montini won 34 to 12

Naz sophs had about 40 kids on the sideline and Montini sophs had about 20 on the sideline. Don't know if too many Montini sophs got into the varsity game??

Reactions: Gene K.

I almost died in that game IIRC. We played Driscoll and Montini back to back and a fullback almost broke my neck in one of the two games.

I almost died in that game IIRC. We played Driscoll and Montini back to back and a fullback almost broke my neck in one of the two games.

Thanks for making me feel old, my middle boy played in that game. Enjoy it while you can because age sneaks up on you.

Can anyone provide an accurate number of Naz frosh players?
I think Epic was responding to JCHill's hyperbole regarding 23 D-1 players on a previous Naz team. I trust the school website. Looks like they have 23 frosh on this year's Freshmen roster.

I think Epic was responding to JCHill's hyperbole regarding 23 D-1 players on a previous Naz team. I trust the school website. Looks like they have 23 frosh on this year's Freshmen roster.
That almost doesn't seem possible for a program that is supposedly firing on all cylinders. Do they have like 10 frosh playing up on sophs? Just wondering how it can be so low. Especially because 23 becomes about 10 to 15 by the time they are upperclassmen if there is normal attrition. But if the transfer pipeline is strong then I guess freshmen numbers aren't quite so important. Anyone have any insight into what is going On? I seem to remember JC entering this downward spiral of frosh numbers 5 years ago or so. Routinely 30 kids or so. Obviously had a negative impact on the program.

That almost doesn't seem possible for a program that is supposedly firing on all cylinders. Do they have like 10 frosh playing up on sophs? Just wondering how it can be so low. Especially because 23 becomes about 10 to 15 by the time they are upperclassmen if there is normal attrition. But if the transfer pipeline is strong then I guess freshmen numbers aren't quite so important. Anyone have any insight into what is going On? I seem to remember JC entering this downward spiral of frosh numbers 5 years ago or so. Routinely 30 kids or so. Obviously had a negative impact on the program.

Does OPRF, Bolingbrook, Lyons Township, etc all have 100+ freshman out? Because that's what they would have to have to be proportionately equivalent (based on student population) to Nazareths 23. Pretty much everybody is down overall and it's going to vary year to year but you're trying to make a controversy out of nothing.

I would guess the kids coming out for football are the serious football players these days. I bet the retention rate is much higher but just a guess.

wasn't there allegedly a NAZ team a few years back with a claimed 23 D1 kids on the team. That was one of the funnest seasons on the edgy board:

-Naz 23 D1 kids;
-Bones vs the entire CoM alumni
-The early and raw years of the DSR
-Dean correctly predicting GBN would not cross the 50 against MC
-Some GBN mom blaming Dean for the GBN loss
-MW wrote the longest post in history of edgy
-godawgz wrote the funniest post 3AM post of all time.

The @godawgz 3 a.m. shot was legend.

That was quite the shitshow.
DisloyalUnlinedBluetickcoonhound-max-1mb.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT