ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday Game/s

WIU78

Dec 27, 2006
Any chance at all LWE will actually play Kenwood? Heat advisory, Gately scheduling, and no tickets available on the Kenwood site. I am saying the Griffins took a huge chance playing a CPS school on the road. Other thoughts?

Any chance at all LWE will actually play Kenwood? Heat advisory, Gately scheduling, and no tickets available on the Kenwood site. I am saying the Griffins took a huge chance playing a CPS school on the road. Other thoughts?
Is this game Thursday or Saturday? LWE web says Saturday?

Thursday until you can point me to a source Corey…7:00 kickoff at Gately.

No afternoon practices Wed or Thur per IHSA. Early AM before classes I'm guessing.

Well…who knows when or how tickets can be purchased for LWE at Kenwood. I have seen the times listed now for Saturday as 10:00 AM, 7:15PM and 7:30 PM. On the Kenwood page ticket sales have ended. Stadium run site is just as baffling. CPS schools with limited stadium availability are screwed.
Easy ….Friday Night in Frankfort and we can supply the busses to get them to the boonies in Will county!

Well…who knows when or how tickets can be purchased for LWE at Kenwood. I have seen the times listed now for Saturday as 10:00 AM, 7:15PM and 7:30 PM. On the Kenwood page ticket sales have ended. Stadium run site is just as baffling. CPS schools with limited stadium availability are screwed.
Easy ….Friday Night in Frankfort and we can supply the busses to get them to the boonies in Will county!
Sitting here on Tuesday and not knowing what time (or day) a game is scheduled for this week? Welcome to the CPL!! You learn to never sweat it this far out. Come Thursday, you can start to think about it...

Online ticket sales? In CPS? At Gately? Come on. The only thing I can guarantee at Gately is that the Gately dogs will be on the roller and ready to go!

Seriously though, this is an every week thing in the CPL. Very few schools have their own stadiums/fields to host games at, however many times those same teams have to share practice time with other sports or the band. It's crazy.

Reactions: Silver Rain
Michael O'Brien
@michaelsobrien

JUST IN: Chicago Public Schools has postponed all outdoor sports on Wednesday and Thursday due to the excessive heat. The major football showdown between Kenwood and Lincoln-Way East has been moved from Thursday night to Saturday morning.
This is definitely getting Mike O'Brien all hot and bothered with Corona nostalgia.

I dont want to be too hyperbolic but this possibly ruined the perfect weekend of football. No one can go from the end of the game at Gately to Lucas Field in Glynn Ellen in time unless the refs agree to stall the game, but then you're going to be cutting it real close getting to Normal for ESL v MC.

Reactions: pancake12
This isn't on the website.
They do have the 'Heat Policy' highlighted on the homepage. I don't know exactly how WBGT readings work, but the forecasted temps and humidity would most likely put the readings in the "no outdoor practices allowed" range.

Rather than getting any work done this morning, I'm learning about WBGT.

This isn't actual readings, just an estimate based on the forecasted NWS highs for the location. But playing around, I clicked on York's football field on the map, and estimated reading was 89 for today. That would be 1 hr practice max, no pads. Could have a much different actual reading at 7pm for a game.

Obviously a no-brainer to cancel all outdoor activities for today and tomorrow. It's brutal out there. Our dew point is 11 degrees higher than Houston right now as they sit at 73 and our "feels like" temp is 111 compared to 104 down there. They are a little more used to that kind of extreme.

But, no complaints. Can't do much about it except to respect it and be smart. However, I do extreme cold much better. I always say if you have to go out in the cold at least you have the option of moving around in an effort to warm up some. But, try going out there now and moving around in a effort to cool down. 😂 😂 Stay safe!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT