ADVERTISEMENT

The thread I always like to look back on: Your prediction on your team.

JCHILLTOPPERS

May 29, 2001
I think JCA finds a way to get to 6-3. I really like our RB and QB and think the offense will mix things up a little more this season. I also think Sharp feels more comfortable running his offense when he has a QB that is durable and can move - I think we have that this season.

The numbers for a strong regular season don't seem to be there. I hope they can surprise me. I do think they have a superstar at RB and if they can get into the playoffs anything can happen. see providence.

9-0 would be state champion like.
8-1 would be incredible.
7-2 would be realistic.
6-3 would be not so good.

I'll go with 7-2. First three games are going to be brutal. Got to get at least 1.

JCHill....I hope you are right about JCA. I see it this way:

Games they have a chance at winning:

Franklin, WI
St. Pat's
ND
Marian Central
Marian Catholic

I say they win three of the above and go 3-6.

Ill go with 5-4. We gotta win the games we gotta win. Cant drop games to Lockport this year and make the playoffs because there are no Joliet teams to serve as a buffer.

Between all the state champs, teams combining to form Voltron, and semi finalists against us I have to go with 5 wins because we have to win 5.

Reactions: tsamuta
Palatine goes 8-1 or 9-0, wins 5th MSL West title in last 6 years, and gets back to the 8A semi-finals at a minimum and ( dare to dream ) possibly plays a 14th game. Only concerns would be if something happened to our QB injury-wise and untested kicking game; otherwise scary talented team deep at all other skill positions and defensive backfield.

Wins- Momence, Clifton, Peotone, Seneca, Sandwich, Streator
Losses- Manteno, Plano, Coal City

Palatine goes 8-1 or 9-0, wins 5th MSL West title in last 6 years, and gets back to the 8A semi-finals at a minimum and ( dare to dream ) possibly plays a 14th game. Only concerns would be if something happened to our QB injury-wise and untested kicking game; otherwise scary talented team deep at all other skill positions and defensive backfield.
I have Palatine at 9-0

MC I need to see B/W 8-20. Last year knew we were in trouble. Called people after...."What's wrong"? LOL

I have Palatine at 9-0

Well, they always seem to have trouble with the first game of the season, but they don't schedule soft..The opening games the last six seasons were home and away series with Montini, Libertyville, and (currently) Stevenson.

Plus they have New Trier and Barrington on the schedule. Palatine has beaten Barrington 5 of the last 6 years, the last two years handing them their only regular season loss, so they'll be gunning for the Pirates. Plus they have a Jr QB who's realllly good(assuming they start him over Babich at QB).

Trap game would be Hoffman Estates. Palatine plays them week 5 and due to easy early schedule HE is likely to come into the game at 4-0 and sky high.

JC,

I think SF will go 4-5. We have a new coach, only 7 juniors on the team and only a small number of returners back.

We also have a new head coach and one of our linemen got hurt a short time ago and I don't know when or if he will come back. A good receiver transferred to Naperville North too so this really hurts.

We do have a couple of good playerscoming back, but not sure if they can get us to 5 wins.

I see GW as 8-1 but having a difficult time getting to the 8A semis if Soucie is correct. Week 1 is the biggest hurdle, but even pulling off a W vs Da Brook still leads to a brutal night at Hinsdale South in week 2. That RB/LB is a tough runner. Should we run that gauntlet and get into conf play 2-0, we play HC at their place. I think 8-1 would be a successful year.

If we end up in 7A, I say we play 13 games.

Optimism is running high on the north side of Naperville, and I think the program is heading in the right direction. The killer schedule is still there, however. There are no guaranteed wins like five years ago. I think the Huskies will be competitive... key will be if they can win the close games (and there will be several). If so... a return to the playoffs is a real possibility (5-4).

Last edited:
MC I need to see B/W 8-20. Last year knew we were in trouble. Called people after...."What's wrong"? LOL
JCHill....here is what I believe Dean is saying in the above post. He sees a loss to Loyola and two losses in the following three games: BR, Montini and PC. He sees the Caravan finishing 6-3.

8-1. We have strong team at Clark HS in Chicago. Went 6-3 last yr with a state berth for the second time in school history.Head Coach Simmons has become a great play caller and has developed several young weapons ( Sr RB/WR/CB Aries Brewer, a state qualifier in 100/200/LJ in track, and Jr QB Everett Spraggs, the 6'3 205lbs qb has started every game since his freshman yr) that should have a major impact this year. Our toughest game will be week 2 at 3A powerhouse Geneseo.

Last edited:
Reactions: biglatte
Rice has a very tough schedule - so could be 5-4 or if they gel they could go 9-0/ I'll go with 7-2 regular season. Getting a W over Marist in opener is key.

Reactions: biglatte
Hoping for MCC to go 5-4 to get in! But I'm afraid it will be 4-5 or 3-6. Their schedule is brutal in the ESCC!

Ok no more coach speak crap (you all know who you are) answer the question and make a regular season record pick
And where is the Insane Naz Posse with their predictions? Other than Jwar, who is now a long distance member, they've been awfully quiet of late. Maybe they need to be coaxed out of hiding.

Last edited:
5-4 for Montini. Tough slate, non-con against BR, LZ and MS. Crossover with MC. Gulp.

Well I went to Riverside Brookfield 03 graduate, and now I live in the LT district so I'll do two.

Riverside Brookfield
Week one Morton win
Week two Wauconda win
Week three Ridgewood win
Week four Aurora Central Catholic win
Week five Wheaton Academy win
Week six IC Catholic lose
Week seven Fenton win
Week Eight St. Edward lose
Week Nine Glenbard South lose
6-3
Obviously depending on the playoff pairing but I'll go with a first round exit from the playoffs.

LT
Week one Warren win
Week two Morton win
Week three Proviso West win
Week four Leyden win
Week five Glenbard West lose
Week six Downers Grove North win
Week seven Hinsdale Central win
Week eight OPRF lose
Week nine York win
7-2
I think this team can make a run in the playoffs and gets to the quarterfinals.

It's a lot harder to join two teams together than to separate into two teams so I have no idea what will happen. Zvonar's track records means we should be ok but there are a lot of variables involved...

5-4 for Montini. Tough slate, non-con against BR, LZ and MS. Crossover with MC. Gulp.

I fully get that Montini is not your average school of 650 kids. But, wow. Most top tier 8A programs don't play that sort of competitive schedule top to bottom.

Optimism is running high on the north side of Naperville, and I think the program is heading in the right direction. The killer schedule is still there, however. There are no guaranteed wins like five years ago. I think the Huskies will be competitive... key will be if they can win the close games (and there will be several). If so... a return to the playoffs is a real possibility (5-4).

Don't you guys play Sandburg for the non conference game as well? That is no cupcake either.

PJJP,

I saw Epic responded as 8-1, my heart agrees with him but my gut says 6-3 or 7-2. This team is SO young on Offense but has a ton of talent, if they mature early they could run the table and be subject to the success factor. The Defense is stout on the front 7 and is a work in progress at CB and Saf positions IMO. Time will tell for sure but one thing I feel certain of, Marist will be a tough out for everyone.

And where is the Insane Naz Posse with their predictions? Other than Jwar, who is now a long distance member, they've been awfully quiet of late. Maybe they need to be coaxed out of hiding.

Ditto. Montini needs to get to 5-4 to get to the playoffs and then go from there. It will be the first time they ever seen Mt. Carmel and Brother Rice.

Wassup

WADR,
8.gif

I fully get that Montini is not your average school of 650 kids. But, wow. Most top tier 8A programs don't play that sort of competitive schedule top to bottom.
agreed - as much as bronco is an arrow to my heart, how can you not respect the confidence and willing to play the best - always. JCA's been that way too. good catch ramb.

It's a lot harder to join two teams together than to separate into two teams so I have no idea what will happen. Zvonar's track records means we should be ok but there are a lot of variables involved...
prohibitive #2 in state. Zvonar is a top 5 coach in the state...top 3.

I knew it wouldn't take much to coax a few of the INP out of hiding.

Unless there are that many issues to deal with already with attittudes and parents. No inside information here, will be interesting to see what all unfolds.
prohibitive #2 in state. Zvonar is a top 5 coach in the state...top 3.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT