ADVERTISEMENT

The Stage Spring Showcase: Who Stood Out? TE/RB/LB

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
So who stood out? Again I always preface this breakdown with the following.....I admittedly as the host of this camp have multiple responsibilities and at times I get pulled away from having complete focus on evaluating players at times. I talk quite a bit with the various position coaches working the camp and get feedback from them in many cases. Overall numbers ended up in the 200 kid range...a pretty perfect number of kids for a camp.

Also thanks to the College of DuPage who have always welcomed me with open arms....and COD has a very impressive facility and stadium and is an outdoor site that is just a great place to hold a camp.

So Who Stood Out? OL and DL Group

So Who Stood Out?

Tight End

301 Braden Downs Knoxville High School 2023-
Downs is no stranger to my camps and each time I've seen him live he's been very solid. Downs is a very solid receiver and route runner who is also has good speed and quickness. At 6-foot-2, and 200 pounds he's definitely more of a tweener positionally (closer to WR size) but I just like a lot about his overall game.

302 Logan Farrell Palatine 2025- Easily the top tight end at this event, Logan Farrell will be one of the top tight ends over the next handful of years. Only a freshman, Farrell already has impressive size, strength and ball skills. Farrell also showed good speed and hands while also being more than capable of playing as either a West Coast tight end or as a more traditional tight end with blocking responsibilities. His growth and development will be worth tracking over the next few years. Farrell has a chance to develop into a high level recruit in the 2025 class.

303 Aidan Murphy Hinsdale Central 2023- Murphy (6-foot-4, 197 pounds) is yet another in a long line of lanky WR/TE types from a program at Hinsdale Central that just seems blessed in being able to get these type of receivers in it's program year in and year out. Murphy also tested well here and ran one of the top 5-10-5 shuttle times for the positional group.

306 Casey Ritcher Libertyville 2023- Ritcher (6-foot-4, 210 pounds) has good size and length and overall tested and ran well here. Richter was also able to make some nice catches over the middle in one on ones and will be no question a matchup issue for all opposing defenders with his length and reach advantage.

Running Backs

400 Dominik Ball Palatine 2024-
Ball is already a pretty well known name in camp on the camp circuit, and did not disappoint with his performance here. Ball ran extremely well here including positing one of the stronger 40 and pro shuttle times out of the entire field. Ball has added a bit more muscle from a year ago and his added weight gain along with his speed with no question open more eyes this summer. I definitely liked what I saw here from Dominik Ball. Ball also had one of the best overall vertical jumps at this event (38.9 inches).

404 Phillip Goodrich Jr. Carmel 2026- Carmel Catholic has an abundance of impressive and really athletic kids in the 2024 and 2025 classes, and add Phillip Goodrich Jr. to the growing list of impressive young athletes. Goodwin Jr. has good size (5-foot-10, 182 pounds) along with some real speed, burst and a really strong first few steps. Goodrich Jr. fired off some really strong testing numbers and times here and he will no question be a name to watch over the next few seasons.

405 Matt Lawson Elgin 2024- Matt Lawson stood out and caught a lot of college coach eyes and attention on Tuesday night. Lawson checked in at 5-foot-9, 182 pounds and is a well put together running back with a really nice mix of speed, wiggle and explosiveness. Lawson will also be more than capable of playing a few different positions if needed and his ability to catch the football on the move and make opposing defenders miss was highly impressive in one on ones. Big name to watch here for the 2024 class.

408 Carter London Glenbard South 2024- Carter London will be part of what could be a pretty explosive Raiders offense in 2022. London (5-foot-8, 183 pounds) is also a big and strong kid with very good speed, can stop and cut pretty effortlessly and just is a higher level athlete with quite a bit of upside and potential over the next year plus.

4210 Charley Thompson Warren Township 2023- Charley Thompson didn't see as much action in 2022 as he wanted, but I guess that will happen when you are behind one of the state's best running backs last season in Maurice Edwards (Vanderbilt). Thomson was one of the coaches favorites at this event for several reasons. Thompson posted some really impressive times (4.47 40 time laser) in the testing phase, and was just a non stop worker who took as many reps as possible. Warren Township has been stacked with talent over the past several years, and look for Thompson to burst onto the scene this summer.

Linebackers

507 Angel Mancilla Bradley 2024-
Angel Mancilla is another name that is becoming more and more known on the camp circuit and his overall showing here was solid. Mancilla also had a strong day of testing and is also another tweener positionally (OLB/S type?) yet who is still only a sophomore and a kid who will gain more good weight and size over the next year plus. Overall I saw some good thing and promise here.

508 Nick Naujokas Mount Carmel 2023- Naujokas had a very strong overall event and was hands down the top linebacker here in what was not a great group overall. Naujokas ran and tested really well (including a strong shuttle and 40 yard dash) and looks to be more of an OLB/SS at the college level. I also liked the effort and hustle I saw all event long from Naujokas

Next: QB's

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News