ADVERTISEMENT

The Original Chicago Catholic League Thread - 2017 - Week Seven

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
Good news everyone: We're expecting!
Yes, yes, I know it's a bit early to announce, but I wanted to be the first to tell you, lest you hear it from one of the gossips at the back of church. (Or that blabbermouth church secretary after we inquired about baptisms.) I know, we haven't been showing much, the dark clothes and vertical stripes really work. I think you'll like the colors ... Maroon and ... wait for it ... Gold! Yes, yes, just like his parents. And his parents' parents. The name? Well, we were thinking, if it's a boy - Gladiators. And if it's a girl, we thought ... Lady Gladiators.
We're registered at Binny's and Armanetti's.

BLUE:
BR (1-5) @ SJ (3-3) [2017] Brother Rice (Chicago, IL) 35, [2017] St. Joseph (Westchester, IL) 3
MC (4-2) @ DLS (4-2)
[2017] Mount Carmel (Chicago, IL) 41, [2017] De La Salle (Chicago, IL) 21
SR (4-2) @ BMac (2-4) [2017] St. Rita (Chicago, IL) 42, [2017] Bishop McNamara (Kankakee, IL) 7
F (4-2) @ PC (4-2)
[2017] Providence Catholic (New Lenox, IL) 35, [2017] Fenwick (Oak Park, IL) 10
Leo (1-5) @ LA (5-1)
[2017] Loyola Academy (Wilmette, IL) 52, [2017] Leo (Chicago, IL) 0

GREEN:
MA (5-1) @ SL (4-2)
[2017] St. Laurence (Burbank, IL) 35, [2017] Marmion Academy (Aurora, IL) 22
MC (4-2) @ DLS (4-2) above
TECH (2-4) @ MCHS (4-2)
[2017] Montini Catholic (Lombard, IL) 48, [2017] DePaul College Prep (Chicago, IL) 3
F (4-2) @ PC (4-2) above
SF (1-5) @ Hope (4-2)
[2017] Chicago Hope Academy (Chicago, IL) 42, [2017] St. Francis (Wheaton, IL) 17

WHITE:
SI (5-1) @ AC (4-2)
[2017] Aurora Christian (Aurora, IL) 31, [2017] St. Ignatius (Chicago, IL) 30
MA (5-1) @ SL (4-2) above
SR (4-2) @ BMac (2-4) above

RED:
BR (1-5) @ SJ (3-3) above
Leo (1-5) @ LA (5-1) above
TECH (2-4) @ MCHS (4-2) above
SF (1-5) @ Hope (4-2) above

Last edited:
Yuck...some pretty bad match ups this weekend in the CCL.

This looks like the ESCC slate from last week. Lopsided wins all over the place.

St Francis isn't putting up 17 points against Hope.

De La Salle won't be close with Mount Carmel

Running clock might come into play for both these games

After watching MC v DLS at SR, i cordially invite everyone South a little to McNally's to watch our Nats play.
You son of a! Just kidding, Deano! As a Cubs fan, I for one am looking forward to watching this young Sox team grow. They are going to be awesome in a couple of years. Good baseball on both sides of town for a long time.

Fenwick will play Providence a lot closer than many on this board believe. A lot depends on how Fenwicks QB plays in this game. From what I seen he has been getting better every week. Go Fenwick! Also MC will probably beat DLS but again will be a closer game.

You son of a! Just kidding, Deano! As a Cubs fan, I for one am looking forward to watching this young Sox team grow. They are going to be awesome in a couple of years. Good baseball on both sides of town for a long time.
Socks front office is like the Bears and Bulls. If those players pan out they'll be playing up North again somehow.

Fenwick will play Providence a lot closer than many on this board believe. A lot depends on how Fenwicks QB plays in this game. From what I seen he has been getting better every week. Go Fenwick! Also MC will probably beat DLS but again will be a closer game.
Pc Fenwick games are always close and competitive very few times hacv

Brother Rice 49 St. Joseph 7
St. Rita 42 Bishop Mac 10
Mt. Carmel 35 DeLaSalle 17
Providence 35 Fenwick 24
Whole Foods 63 Food For Less 7

St. Laurence 31, Marmion Academy 30
Montini Catholic 49 DePaul College Prep 13
Chicago Hope Academy 42 St. Francis 12

Reactions: ignazio
We’ll see what Fenwick shows up. I definitely think they can play Provi competitively, we have weapons the key is getting soph QB involved and confident early.

BR 38-14
MC 49-14
SR 42-13
PC 28-17
LA 42-0

STL 31-21
MCHS 38-6
CHA 27-21
AC 35-31
I
Brother Rice 49 St. Joseph 7
St. Rita 42 Bishop Mac 10
Mt. Carmel 35 DeLaSalle 17
Providence 35 Fenwick 24
Whole Foods 63 Food For Less 7

St. Laurence 31, Marmion Academy 30
Montini Catholic 49 DePaul College Prep 13
Chicago Hope Academy 42 St. Francis 12
Who claims Fairplay?

Reactions: ignazio
Good news everyone: We're expecting!
Yes, yes, I know it's a bit early to announce, but I wanted to be the first to tell you, lest you hear it from one of the gossips at the back of church. (Or that blabbermouth church secretary after we inquired about baptisms.) I know, we haven't been showing much, the dark clothes and vertical stripes really work. I think you'll like the colors ... Maroon and ... wait for it ... Gold! Yes, yes, just like his parents. And his parents' parents. The name? Well, we were thinking, if it's a boy - Gladiators. And if it's a girl, we thought ... Lady Gladiators.
We're registered at Binny's and Armanetti's.

BLUE:
BR (1-5) @ SJ (3-3) [2017] Brother Rice (Chicago, IL) 35, [2017] St. Joseph (Westchester, IL) 3
MC (4-2) @ DLS (4-2)
SR (4-2) @ BMac (2-4) [2017] St. Rita (Chicago, IL) 42, [2017] Bishop McNamara (Kankakee, IL) 7
F (4-2) @ PC (4-2)
Leo (1-5) @ LA (5-1)

GREEN:
MA (5-1) @ SL (4-2)
TECH (2-4) @ MCHS (4-2)
[2017] Montini Catholic (Lombard, IL) 48, [2017] DePaul College Prep (Chicago, IL) 3
F (4-2) @ PC (4-2) above
SF (1-5) @ Hope (4-2)
[2017] Chicago Hope Academy (Chicago, IL) 42, [2017] St. Francis (Wheaton, IL) 17

WHITE:
SI (5-1) @ AC (4-2)
MA (5-1) @ SL (4-2) above
SR (4-2) @ BMac (2-4) above

RED:
BR (1-5) @ SJ (3-3) above
Leo (1-5) @ LA (5-1) above
TECH (2-4) @ MCHS (4-2) above
SF (1-5) @ Hope (4-2) above

BR -32
MC -20
BMac +35
FW +25
LA -52

MA +13
DeP +45
SF +25

AC -1

GREEN:
MA (5-1) @ SL (4-2)
TECH (2-4) @ MCHS (4-2)
F (4-2) @ PC (4-2) above
SF (1-5) @ Hope (4-2)

Ignazio,

I will give the edge to Marmion against St. Laurence
MC will running clock DeLaSalle
Montini will running clock DePaul
Providence beats Fenwick

This is probably the last chance for SF to win a game and avoid having back to back 1-8 seasons. May be a toss up. Good news for SF is the lower levels are coming along.

In light of the recent shooting two blocks from Hope Academy's game last week St. Francis has refused to play their upcoming game at Hope Academy The Francis administration is citing "safety" as their main concern. The problem is the Hope Academy football field will be the safest place in the City of Chicago Friday night. As a Francis alum I am troubled by this decision. The Hope Academy kids live and go to school in this neighborhood every day. I understand safety, but If every school decided they couldn't play football in a certain neighborhood due to violent crimes no games would ever be played. The St. Francis team has battled every game despite 3 coaches in 3 years, low numbers and physical size. They have a great staff led by Bob McMillen, now the President wants to take away their opportunity to compete and possibly win a game. It is unfortunate that my school doesn't get the big picture. Francis has offered 4 options to Hope(it is Hopes homecoming game) all which involve moving their homecoming game to another location. Not only is this disrespectful to Hope Academy and their players and coaches it is a slap in the face to Coach McMillen and his staff and players. Well I guess St Francis will be going on 4 coaches in 4 years, if they can even field a team next year. Hope Academy has gone above and beyond with the Chicago police department to have numerous extra police on the field as well as around the field and stadium. St Francis has stated they will forfeit the game unless the game is moved to another location approved by their administration.Its about time St Francis wakes up and gets some new leadership.

Reactions: Trine1
In light of the recent shooting two blocks from Hope Academy's game last week St. Francis has refused to play their upcoming game at Hope Academy The Francis administration is citing "safety" as their main concern. The problem is the Hope Academy football field will be the safest place in the City of Chicago Friday night. As a Francis alum I am troubled by this decision. The Hope Academy kids live and go to school in this neighborhood every day. I understand safety, but If every school decided they couldn't play football in a certain neighborhood due to violent crimes no games would ever be played. The St. Francis team has battled every game despite 3 coaches in 3 years, low numbers and physical size. They have a great staff led by Bob McMillen, now the President wants to take away their opportunity to compete and possibly win a game. It is unfortunate that my school doesn't get the big picture. Francis has offered 4 options to Hope(it is Hopes homecoming game) all which involve moving their homecoming game to another location. Not only is this disrespectful to Hope Academy and their players and coaches it is a slap in the face to Coach McMillen and his staff and players. Well I guess St Francis will be going on 4 coaches in 4 years, if they can even field a team next year. Hope Academy has gone above and beyond with the Chicago police department to have numerous extra police on the field as well as around the field and stadium. St Francis has stated they will forfeit the game unless the game is moved to another location approved by their administration.Its about time St Francis wakes up and gets some new leadership.

Spartanalum,

You are really trying to make a point here.

Why do you say it will be the safest place in the city? Are they handing out job applications?

But seriously, wasn't there a drive by shooting last week? I can see where there would be concern on the part of the administration. Maybe a little overreaction, though.

Not to sound like a jerk. If St Francis was in the middle of a playoff run and needed this game, would they even consider a FF?

BLUE:
MC (4-2) @ DLS (4-2)
F (4-2) @ PC (4-2)
Leo (1-5) @ LA (5-1)

GREEN:
MA (5-1) @ SL (4-2)
TECH (2-4) @ MCHS (4-2)
SF (1-5) @ Hope (4-2)
[2017] Chicago Hope Academy (Chicago, IL) 42, [2017] St. Francis (Wheaton, IL) 17 -- SF found a way to beat the spread. Also their kids are on Twitter wanting to play. Sad!

WHITE:
SI (5-1) @ AC (4-2)

That's not rock solid bullet proof either sometimes.

Stop yourself!
Ignatius is one of the best places in the city to watch a game. It is the one place my son actually LIKES to travel to play football.

Reactions: Gene K.
Stop yourself!
Ignatius is one of the best places in the city to watch a game. It is the one place my son actually LIKES to travel to play football.
I have no issue with the venue structurally or amenity wise, just I do hear things happening in the mandated mixed income areas to the south (Hastings St.). In its defense there's a CPD district HQ and the UIC PD (old Hill Street Blues) within a couple blocks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT