ADVERTISEMENT

The Good....The Not So Good...And the Ugly.

Lake Zurich's defense was lights out. The best defensive player on the field today was Lucas Dwyer. Now i see why he was selected to play in the blue/grey all American game. He may have had the best single game a LZ linebacker has ever played. He was that dominate today.

Reactions: sivada2001
Good- MC defense

Bad- MC offense, but tip of the cap to LZ defense they played outstanding.

Ugly- MC win vs. LZ came with a price. Numerous injuries to some key players. Hearing 4 possible starters out for the quarters.

Good....Dukane (6-1), CCL Blue (6-1) and ESCC (8-1)

Bad....Southwest Prairie (1-4)

Ugly....next Saturday's weather forecast. Highs in the mid 30's in Northern IL? Yikes.

Good-LA comes to Wilson Field Saturday

Bad-LA seems to be healthy at the right time

Ugly-yesterday

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiTown Chuggers
Good....Dukane (6-1), CCL Blue (6-1) and ESCC (8-1)

Bad....Southwest Prairie (1-4)

Ugly....next Saturday's weather forecast. Highs in the mid 30's in Northern IL? Yikes.

With the weather forecast for next Saturday being bad all games should be played at 1pm unless there is long travel. Who the hell is going to show up to watch a night game?

Reactions: pjjp
Good- MC defense

Bad- MC offense, but tip of the cap to LZ defense they played outstanding.

Ugly- MC win vs. LZ came with a price. Numerous injuries to some key players. Hearing 4 possible starters out for the quarters.
MC did what they had to do down the stretch, but i did feel the offense was not quite as good as i thought they should/could be. I thought they were going to steamroll LZ's defense with those big lineman. But running that option from the spread in space gave time for the LZ linebackers to get in there. But again, they made critical plays (4th down) on that last drive so hats off.

MC did what they had to do down the stretch, but i did feel the offense was not quite as good as i thought they should/could be. I thought they were going to steamroll LZ's defense with those big lineman. But running that option from the spread in space gave time for the LZ linebackers to get in there. But again, they made critical plays (4th down) on that last drive so hats off.
Also, hope those players are ok. We were talking to No 19's dad in the LZ stands and he thought he was ok. Although he looked really woozy walking off the field. It was definitely a hard hitting game.

LWE out scoring playoff opponents 94 - 0. Recorded their 7th shutout of the season.
Maybe some LWE followers can provide more info, but I can only assume they have played 2nd string a lot in a number of these routes and 2-7 Thornwood most likely put up those 18 points against 2nd string. We could be looking at a team that has outscored opponents 502 - 30.
I am not handing them the State trophy but I do not think people realize how good this team is.

LWE out scoring playoff opponents 94 - 0. Recorded their 7th shutout of the season.
Maybe some LWE followers can provide more info, but I can only assume they have played 2nd string a lot in a number of these routes and 2-7 Thornwood most likely put up those 18 points against 2nd string. We could be looking at a team that has outscored opponents 502 - 30.
I am not handing them the State trophy but I do not think people realize how good this team is.
I really think everyone that follows HS football to any extent, understands, realizes, and appreciates how good (dominant) LWE is this year and for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Also, hope those players are ok. We were talking to No 19's dad in the LZ stands and he thought he was ok. Although he looked really woozy walking off the field. It was definitely a hard hitting game.
Yeah he looked like he was drunk! I’m hearing he will be fine but doubtful he passes any concussion protocol for the next game. We’ll see. MC was sloppy yesterday. They recover a fumble deep in their territory to start the game and then give it back their first play. If they would have scored that drive I think it would have made a mental difference on both sides.

I did not make that Thursday trek to Thornwood but my guess is that those 18 pts were not scored against the 2nd string - my guess is they were scored against the 3rd or 4th string - LWE's 2nd string D is very good!

Yeah he looked like he was drunk! I’m hearing he will be fine but doubtful he passes any concussion protocol for the next game. We’ll see. MC was sloppy yesterday. They recover a fumble deep in their territory to start the game and then give it back their first play. If they would have scored that drive I think it would have made a mental difference on both sides.
Yea there was another play that stuck out. No 4 threw a perfect long fade route in the corner of the end zone that probably should have been caught. That would have changed the game.

I think we get it.

And then David reached into his bag, took out a stone and slung it, striking the Philistine on his forehead....

It is just not right when a public school gets this much attention on Edgytim. I am enjoying it though.

Reactions: FballDaddy
On the other side...how about Joliet Catholic finding the fountain of youth!

Props to the 2 divisions of the South Suburban Conference who went 3 (Hillcrest, Richards, Evergreen Park) and 1 (Shepard) over the weekend.

Reactions: jobou127
Ugly..Mid Suburban 0-3 and out as a conference after round 2, when they had a Semi-Finalist each of the last three years.

Ugly...the tri-champs of the West Suburban Silver - Glenbard West, Hinsdale Central, Oak Park-River Forest - all getting bounced yesterday. Figured Hitters would be in trouble against the Beast, but didn't anticipate them losing at Duchon with a running clock. Thought HC and OPRF acquitted themselves well on the road, but just wasn't meant to be

Anomalyout28
I do realize how special this years team is.
I like to compare this years team to the 2005 championship team. This years starters are on par with the starters of 2005. The difference was the 2005 team wasn’t as deep. This years team is really deep. Hence the shutouts. In 2005 if they kept the starting D in they would of had more shutouts. Their was a drop off when they brought in the second string. This year the second string is right on par with the starters. Deep! Real deep!

Reactions: Anomalyout28
Not so good GW

Not a knock on the program but rather an observation. I don’t think we got the best of the GW program yesterday. Maybe an off day for them but on a good day the score would have been much different. Not the outcome in my opinion, but rather the score.

Not so good GW

Not a knock on the program but rather an observation. I don’t think we got the best of the GW program yesterday. Maybe an off day for them but on a good day the score would have been much different. Not the outcome in my opinion, but rather the score.
GW wasn’t the GW of past years and Beast is just......a beast right now.

The Good

The 6A Title game may be this weekend...

Phillips vs Cary Grove

=====

The Bad

IC & Rochester's 14 week wait to play each other is still 3 more weeks.

=====

The Nuetral

Loyola vs Maine South meet, yet again...

Last edited:
The good: Clearly JCA playing how they are playing.

Not so good: The Celtics season and exit from 6A as a JC guy I want to see traditional powers well be powers. Have faith they will come back.

The Ugly: I really dislike all of these games played on Saturday at the same time. It would be nice to come and and go see others play. Perhaps maybe just maybe we can get s couple of Friday night games in there.

Reactions: Tain33 and Gene K.
The Good

The 6A Title game may be this weekend...

Phillips vs Cary Grove

=====

The Bad

IC & Rochester's 14 week wait to play each other is still 3 more weeks.
I agree. But I think CG will beat them easily. Too hard to defend that running game and now with a passing game.

Reactions: CG Fan
I agree. But I think CG will beat them easily. Too hard to defend that running game and now with a passing game.
I can’t bite on that one yet. With that Billingsley kid I’m having a flashback of Treadway from the 2012 finals. Can CG beat Phillips? Yes. Easily? I say no.

THE UGLY: Witnessing a subgroup of a team kneeling with heads down during the national anthem on the end line nearest the flag being honored. I do not look for this kind of thing at a game, but it was so obvious given the proximity to the flagpole. I will not call out the team directly, but if you want to figure it out, it was a visiting team in an 8A game Saturday night.

THE UGLY: Witnessing a subgroup of a team kneeling with heads down during the national anthem on the end line nearest the flag being honored. I do not look for this kind of thing at a game, but it was so obvious given the proximity to the flagpole. I will not call out the team directly, but if you want to figure it out, it was a visiting team in an 8A game Saturday night.

Good for those guys. We need more kids like that and fewer Neanderthals like you.

People have been doing this forever. Not sure the direct impair has on ANYTHING besides good media coverage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT