ADVERTISEMENT

Thank You Peoria Journal Star & The Pantagraph

IlliniEight4ever

Jun 17, 2022
With the playoffs coming being the biggest fan of Illinois High School Football I want to always thank & remember the above mentioned newspapers.When I moved from Illinois in late 89 I made sure I had paid in advance for The Star,Reporter & a few other papers that covered Illinois ball.My grandpa would send me the sports from the Sat & Sun Joliet News Herald & Daily Journal Kankakee.My Uncle & Aunt would send me the Southtown Sports from the weekend & cut out schedules & scores from the Trib & Sun Times to keep up with the Prep Bowl.Well playoff pairings night I’d make sure I was at work & this was before the internet.But the Journal Star would fax me the pairings every year as soon as the pairings were done & I’ll never forget that.The Pantagraph would fax all the scores to me after the games were completed.I’ll never forget that kindness

With the playoffs coming being the biggest fan of Illinois High School Football I want to always thank & remember the above mentioned newspapers.When I moved from Illinois in late 89 I made sure I had paid in advance for The Star,Reporter & a few other papers that covered Illinois ball.My grandpa would send me the sports from the Sat & Sun Joliet News Herald & Daily Journal Kankakee.My Uncle & Aunt would send me the Southtown Sports from the weekend & cut out schedules & scores from the Trib & Sun Times to keep up with the Prep Bowl.Well playoff pairings night I’d make sure I was at work & this was before the internet.But the Journal Star would fax me the pairings every year as soon as the pairings were done & I’ll never forget that.The Pantagraph would fax all the scores to me after the games were completed.I’ll never forget that kindness
What an experience!!!!

Reactions: Silver Rain
When I was in college in San Diego in the late 80's, early 90's I would call the Joliet Herald News' newsroom to get high school football scores on Friday nights. It was the only way I could find out Illinois High School scores. My friends out there thought I was completely crazy.

Last edited:
At night out here in TN I’d get lucky & pull in stations from Nashville Illinois & listen to their games as well as The Belleville station WIBC or something it was called.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT