ADVERTISEMENT

Test Day

It never actually closed right? I thought they were just taken over by DePaul.
My best explanation as to the name change is that some time after going co-ed they rebranded with a break from the Resurrection priests and brothers and became affiliated with DePaul. Enrollment had fallen drastically to something near 300? Mary Dempsey spearheaded this move/rebranding and it has shown to be very successful building the school back up and culminating with the move to the new campus ( previously DeVry) just south of the Lane Tech campus.

418 in my Freshman class.....331 end of Senior year. We were never allowed to discuss those who did not make it.

Rice is around 675 and I believe it's been around that for the last few years. My guess they are fine at 650-700 annually. A school at 500 is a strong school.

Reactions: McCaravan
Self-serving lies are the ones people tell to make themselves look better or to spare themselves from embarrassment or punishment or blame or from getting their feelings hurt. You know the kind — you claim to have performed better than you really did or you deny that you did something bad or embarrassing.

And I also paid a lot compliments to some of the fine people over at BR including whoever mommy is but in typical fashion that part was eliminated from your public comments.

Feel free to have the last word here just try and tell the truth so I’m not forced to respond to more incomplete rhetoric and half truths.
Oh so you're not Napoleon you're now the Pope. Keep em coming holier than thou.

Oh so you're not Napoleon you're now the Pope. Keep em coming holier than thou.
And the negativity bias continues. It’s obvious you’re not a very intelligent person. Let’s stick with the topic at hand as difficult as it may be.

And the negativity bias continues. It’s obvious you’re not a very intelligent person. Let’s stick with the topic at hand as difficult as it may be.
Let's - how's your internal investigation going? You reach out to Mark like I suggested or did you sit at the door counting make up test takers? I mean you obviously won't believe what your told (or do the actual work to confirm) so your platitudes become laughable - what grade you in now?

Rice is around 675 and I believe it's been around that for the last few years. My guess they are fine at 650-700 annually. A school at 500 is a strong school.
I want you to be right, but I think 500 can be tough. It doesn’t leave room for a bad year or a few bad years. But what do I know, Leo and DeSales are hanging in there. And Regina seems to almost thrive at 80 a year, I think Res and Pats hang around 500, but ND with their 800 or so seems very healthy.

When I started at St Pats the school had over 1200 and my class started at over 360. By the time I graduated in ‘84 my class was a hair under 300, but the school was still over 1200. DePaul brought in 367 last year, which is a bit more than they were expecting and wanted a few less, but they seem to be on track for a healthy 1200 total in the near future. Of course that is coed.

Topiary,

Just curious, it seems BR will be on the 7A/8A border in the future. Do you or any other BR posters have a preference? And what about the Admin? You know if they prefer 8A or 7A or vice-versa?

Topiary,

Just curious, it seems BR will be on the 7A/8A border in the future. Do you or any other BR posters have a preference? And what about the Admin? You know if they prefer 8A or 7A or vice-versa?
I would have loved to have seen them apply for 8A and get shot to rematch Loyola and even perhaps Marist depending on brackets. However with enrollment at 675-700 we're probably more suited to staying 7a.

Let's - how's your internal investigation going? You reach out to Mark like I suggested or did you sit at the door counting make up test takers? I mean you obviously won't believe what your told (or do the actual work to confirm) so your platitudes become laughable - what grade you in now?
Good news. You might not have to worry about 7A or 8a. IHSA may have to create a 9A just to suit the success taking place at BR. Well done crusaders, you guys are crushing it!

Anyone hear any numbers as to the amount of kids JCA tested the past few weekends?

Same for Montini. Seen on their Twitter account that stated they had the highest number of testers in years.
I'm guessing that many of the schools that had increases had more non-Catholics test takers. With Covid remote learning many parents may have been looking for traditional classroom learning.

Reactions: Gene K.
There used to be a Tony's Beef that was closer to me that I would go to, but the one on 70th and Pulaski is a bit too much of a drive for me. That's probably the best beef in the city.

I want you to be right, but I think 500 can be tough. It doesn’t leave room for a bad year or a few bad years. But what do I know, Leo and DeSales are hanging in there. And Regina seems to almost thrive at 80 a year, I think Res and Pats hang around 500, but ND with their 800 or so seems very healthy.
The way this reads, it looks like you think Regina has a total enrollment of 80. The IHSA currently has them at 254 girls. Although I don't know their exact numbers, I did hear that they had a substantial uptick on test day over last year.

Last edited:
The way this reads, it looks like you think Regina has a total enrollment of 80. The IHSA currently has them at 254 girls. Although I don't know their exact numbers, I did hear that they had a substantial uptick on test day over last year.
Sorry, they are bringing in about 80 new freshmen every year. I guess I worded that poorly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT