ADVERTISEMENT

Test Day

Thread started off bad, then we talked pizza and it took an amazing upturn, now we're back to school number and it's become bad again.

More pizza talk, less pissy talk.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
This thread sucks every year and seems to be some kind of South Side CCL circle jerk. I would comment more but I cannot find the necessary f**ks to give about testing numbers.

I love pizza though. Vito and Nick's and Tata's are top choices.

OK so how about some north side numbers. I hear DePaul tested about 800. Crazy. What about ND and Pats? Assume Loyola got enough to land another 500 freshman was usual.

Reactions: MC2023
OK so how about some north side numbers. I hear DePaul tested about 800. Crazy. What about ND and Pats? Assume Loyola got enough to land another 500 freshman was usual.

That number out of DePaul Prep was very impressive to say the least. Heard Loyola had 150 boys and girls test but 500 called off sick and are coming this week for the makeup. So Loyola had 800 total test takers. They did south side math up north over the weekend!

That number out of DePaul Prep was very impressive to say the least. Heard Loyola had 150 boys and girls test but 500 called off sick and are coming this week for the makeup. So Loyola had 800 total test takers. They did south side math up north over the weekend!
I reported DePaul having 800 last year and people thought I was crazy. DePaul Prep is a sleeping giant in all things non football. Football will take some time. IMHO.

Reactions: Schwab54 and MC2023
I reported DePaul having 800 last year and people thought I was crazy. DePaul Prep is a sleeping giant in all things non football. Football will take some time. IMHO.
They are a result of what happens when you get a professional Board to run a school. By professional I don't mean bought and paid in a a negative way. It is an amazing story.

Will you be going to Brother Rice on Saturday morning to count attendees. The Crusaders are living rent free in your head.

Did they build a football field yet on that new campus? Yes they are a sleeping giant. That old devry campus is absolutely beautiful.

Did they build a football field yet on that new campus? Yes they are a sleeping giant. That old devry campus is absolutely beautiful.
Yes a beautiful new stadium. Seems a bit silly with Lane being there but a well run school is an active school plus Lane was putting the screws to them for years on rentals. I know they plan on building a pool as well as a dedicated wrestling room. This competition will make Pats a better school as well. Hopefully drains the talent pool at least an inch up at Loyola. ha.

Yes a beautiful new stadium. Seems a bit silly with Lane being there but a well run school is an active school plus Lane was putting the screws to them for years on rentals. I know they plan on building a pool as well as a dedicated wrestling room. This competition will make Pats a better school as well. Hopefully drains the talent pool at least an inch up at Loyola. ha.

When Gordon Tech changed it’s religious affiliation I thought I remember reading it was the old order hammering the new partnership with DePaul for rent. Whatever the case it’s a great story of the resurrection of the old Gordon Tech.

Will you be going to Brother Rice on Saturday morning to count attendees. The Crusaders are living rent free in your head.
I guess point taken. However I think you have it all wrong. Its every other all boys Catholic High School that’s living rent free in Brother Rices heads. Seems like they just can’t accept how things have changed and their title of largest all boys Catholic school in the country is no more.

MC Freshman played DePaul there this year in week 2. Very nice I’m told. And props to them for agreeing to play us on very short notice since Phillips didn’t field a Fr team

I guess point taken. However I think you have it all wrong. Its every other all boys Catholic High School that’s living rent free in Brother Rices heads. Seems like they just can’t accept how things have changed and their title of largest all boys Catholic school in the country is no more.
Notre Dame is larger in area and I am not sure it has been largest in the country ever.

Agreed - mc2023 seems to be a pot stirer - seems like he has some penis envy or Napoleon complex going on
Fitting comment @Topiary……. What’s with the obsession with penis talk over there? Not a pot stirrer…… Just have a very low tolerance for BS!

Reactions: wills2189
Lane Stadium is a dump. Granted, it looks cool from the outside, but the stands are crumbling, the bathrooms don't work, and you can't read the scoreboard, nor understand the PA system. Watching a game at Lane this year, it was easier to read the DePaul scoreboard and hear the DePaul announcer. than it was to see the Lane scoreboard and hear the Lane announcer. I'm sure it won't be long before CPS teams that care about football are trying to play at the new facility.

Lane Stadium is a dump. Granted, it looks cool from the outside, but the stands are crumbling, the bathrooms don't work, and you can't read the scoreboard, nor understand the PA system. Watching a game at Lane this year, it was easier to read the DePaul scoreboard and hear the DePaul announcer. than it was to see the Lane scoreboard and hear the Lane announcer. I'm sure it won't be long before CPS teams that care about football are trying to play at the new facility.

Did CPS renovate Lane recently or did they just do the turf? It really does look nice as you drive by it.

Reactions: Schwab54
Fitting comment @Topiary……. What’s with the obsession with penis talk over there? Not a pot stirrer…… Just have a very low tolerance for BS!
So Napoleon - you send me private messages where I lay out exact scenario of what you call bs but what is fact. So outside of insinuating my mom and some very good people at Rice are in on some sort of inflation conspiracy and are lying, there is really no way we could ever assauge your inner suspicions unless you were able to come into school and review each name of test taker. So I suggest you reach out to your inside guys after this weekend and see what happens or better yet call Mark Donahue and express your beef? You're obsession with this is both laughable and sad.

MC Freshman played DePaul there this year in week 2. Very nice I’m told. And props to them for agreeing to play us on very short notice since Phillips didn’t field a Fr team
It’s a great stadium, but for some reason they didn’t build any visitor stands. That stadium has been packed for a football team that hasn’t been very good. I can’t imagine what will happen if and when they get good again. There’s just no room for more fans. The day they built it I was like “where are the visitor stands “? I just thought it was an odd decision.

It’s a great stadium, but for some reason they didn’t build any visitor stands. That stadium has been packed for a football team that hasn’t been very good. I can’t imagine what will happen if and when they get good again. There’s just no room for more fans. The day they built it I was like “where are the visitor stands “? I just thought it was an odd decision.
Is there room for them?

Is there room for them?
There may be a little, but the main problem is that they built that stadium from scratch and all they needed to do was slide it over about 10 more yards to put up the stands. There is/was plenty of land there. Just an odd decision.

Outside of that it’s a nice stadium. It interacts great being very close to the school, parking lot, and plaza by the school. And the proximity to Lane Tech and Lane Stadium is a hoot.

Reactions: Schwab54
So Napoleon - you send me private messages where I lay out exact scenario of what you call bs but what is fact. So outside of insinuating my mom and some very good people at Rice are in on some sort of inflation conspiracy and are lying, there is really no way we could ever assauge your inner suspicions unless you were able to come into school and review each name of test taker. So I suggest you reach out to your inside guys after this weekend and see what happens or better yet call Mark Donahue and express your beef? You're obsession with this is both laughable and sad.
Self-serving lies are the ones people tell to make themselves look better or to spare themselves from embarrassment or punishment or blame or from getting their feelings hurt. You know the kind — you claim to have performed better than you really did or you deny that you did something bad or embarrassing.

And I also paid a lot compliments to some of the fine people over at BR including whoever mommy is but in typical fashion that part was eliminated from your public comments.

Feel free to have the last word here just try and tell the truth so I’m not forced to respond to more incomplete rhetoric and half truths.

Last edited:
I’m still trying to do the math how BR has 750 kids in the school but only has 114 kids in the senior class… 114 seniors and 200+ in each of the following classes?

I’m still trying to do the math how BR has 750 kids in the school but only has 114 kids in the senior class… 114 seniors and 200+ in each of the following classes?

This senior class at BR was one of their all time lows in testing numbers. It was coming off a 2-7 Football season. The following year, after being the State runner up, they tested about 250. I think the 750 number is highly inflated, most school fudge the numbers a bit and round up but from people I know say they are at about 700, more likely 690 but round it up to 700.

This senior class at BR was one of their all time lows in testing numbers. It was coming off a 2-7 Football season. The following year, after being the State runner up, they tested about 250. I think the 750 number is highly inflated, most school fudge the numbers a bit and round up but from people I know say they are at about 700, more likely 690 but round it up to 700.
I remember back in the day when Gordon Tech had 10,000 boys.

When I look at my dad's Holy Cross yearbooks (1977-1980) they had close to, if not more than, 1,000 boys roaming the halls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT