ADVERTISEMENT

Test Day

I heard they reported what was there this past Saturday (178) and have 25-30 that were quarantined and taking this upcoming Saturday. Makes sense but not sure why they would report the lower number. That place does some odd things. Their numbers for the state playoffs seem to indicate they retain a better percentage of test takers. I heard test population should end up around 205 as the prior poster indicated.
25-30 quarantined or waiting to see who tested where? If 25-30 are quarantined stick them all in a room to take the dam test. Or make them come up with a positive test and commit to the make up. This is the oddest thing I’ve ever heard.

I heard they reported what was there this past Saturday (178) and have 25-30 that were quarantined and taking this upcoming Saturday. Makes sense but not sure why they would report the lower number. That place does some odd things. Their numbers for the state playoffs seem to indicate they retain a better percentage of test takers. I heard test population should end up around 205 as the prior poster indicated.
Curious as to how many other Catholic schools reported numbers with and without “quarantined test takers”. If that number is zero this is even stranger.

Curious as to how many other Catholic schools reported numbers with and without “quarantined test takers”. If that number is zero this is even stranger.
You're overthinking it. They have 25 to 30 youngsters who were unable to take the test on that date. They have scheduled and confirmed that they will make up the test.

It's not difficult.

However, if I ever need a doorman counting heads, I'd know who to contact.

Catholic schools on the Southside are all about average.

You're overthinking it. They have 25 to 30 youngsters who were unable to take the test on that date. They have scheduled and confirmed that they will make up the test.

It's not difficult.

However, if I ever need a doorman counting heads, I'd know who to contact.

Catholic schools on the Southside are all about average.
Obviously you’d never contact a rice guy to count heads at the door…..They seem to struggle tremendously over there when it comes to counting. As you said…. It’s not very difficult to report how many kids showed up on test day. Then add the “quarantined triple dozen” the following week. Although Covid numbers have increased lately with cold weather…. Curious how many quarantined football player there were on game day this season? Pretty sure you know that answer.

Obviously you’d never contact a rice guy to count heads at the door…..They seem to struggle tremendously over there when it comes to counting. As you said…. It’s not very difficult to report how many kids showed up on test day. Then add the “quarantined triple dozen” the following week. Although Covid numbers have increased lately with cold weather…. Curious how many quarantined football player there were on game day this season? Pretty sure you know that answer.
I’ve never mentioned quarantine. I think that’s odd.

They expect another 20 to 30 to test in the following weeks.

Rice had 178 take the test.

204 confirmed to still test.
That has now been repeated by multiple posters.

I’ve never mentioned quarantine. I think that’s odd.

They expect another 20 to 30 to test in the following weeks.

Rice had 178 take the test.

204 confirmed to still test.
That has now been repeated by multiple posters.
Fair enough. Don’t mean to beat a dead horse here. You do realize those kids are under zero obligation to test at BR, right? Kids can register at ten schools for test day and the only thing that matters (or doesn’t) is where they show up on the actual day of the test. If they show up no nowhere, They’re free to test anywhere the following week.

Last edited:
For the purposes of this site, as long as MC has about 24 new, solid football players walk through the door in August I’m good! 😀

Reactions: MC2023
For the purposes of this site, as long as MC has about 24 new, solid football players walk through the door in August I’m good! 😀
I already heard half the quarantined BR test takers are heading to 6410 S Dante next weekend for the makeup. 😜. Half of them are already projected high NFL draft picks according to their fathers Twitter pages.

We're on the same wavelength.

As long as the schools are in good standings I don't care too much beyond that.

If Rice and Carmel can get all of the kids who tested to show up for football, the next four years should be exciting to watch.

Did u call the school just to ask that question?
Just call BR and tell the woman who answers the phone you’re David Diehl and you’re curious what the numbers were for test day. She’ll gladly give you the number.

Just call BR and tell the woman who answers the phone you’re David Diehl and you’re curious what the numbers were for test day. She’ll gladly give you the number.
Up until this year you would be talking to Dave’s mom

I spoke with my contact in fundraising/admissions
I’m done here. Best of luck. Hopefully tomorrow BR will report that they had more boys test than all the schools combined with a number of 2,400 that will bring them back to their glory days. Beat of luck.

I’m done here. Best of luck. Hopefully tomorrow BR will report that they had more boys test than all the schools combined with a number of 2,400 that will bring them back to their glory days. Beat of luck.
👎🏼

I spoke with my contact in fundraising/admissions
New Coach Q confirmed - so did my mom who worked in Finance office for 30 years (retired with Ms Diehl) and talked to straightshooters she knows there. Rice will be over 200 after next week - hey Krock you hear about the next Lausch coming in?

New Coach Q confirmed - so did my mom who worked in Finance office for 30 years (retired with Ms Diehl) and talked to straightshooters she knows there. Rice will be over 200 after next week - hey Krock you hear about the next Lausch coming in?
Yes I have. Fingers crossed

I cant see Elliott as a soph beating out Dowling next year
Dowling really improved as the season went on, he has a full off season, he’s going all in, I expect him to really be in command next year. But Elliott had an amazing Freshman year, he will be on Varsity, maybe have some packages, similar to what they did with Justin Lynch. Then if something happens to Dowling he’s in, if not he will have the controls as a Junior and Senior. But we’ll see what happens in the off season workouts

What does that have to do with an incoming QB to Brother Rice?
nothing you said you were set for a while so assumed you meant Elliott (who i agree is a stud) but felt Dowling's experience and leadership of his fellow Juniors will really make mc hard to beat

Dude - kid is an 8th grader not a transfer and fingers crossed is he doesn't opt for his public school - as for pulling chains - what the heck are you talking about? oh the one where we all said Lausch was hurt going into WN game - which turned out to be true? c'mon dude go to bed - just to sum up = we'll have over 200 total test takers affter this weekend and we'll start with a 170ish class. is that pulling your chain enough?

nothing you said you were set for a while so assumed you meant Elliott (who i agree is a stud) but felt Dowling's experience and leadership of his fellow Juniors will really make mc hard to beat
Again, why would @McCaravan comments on the current QB situation at MC garner the response that Elliot will not beat out Dowling next year? Jack Elliot would still be a lock to be the starter his junior/senior years. Combine that comments with talk of a stud QB soon to be entering BR along with fingers crossed comments? What are you implying here?

Dude - kid is an 8th grader not a transfer and fingers crossed is he doesn't opt for his public school - as for pulling chains - what the heck are you talking about? oh the one where we all said Lausch was hurt going into WN game - which turned out to be true? c'mon dude go to bed - just to sum up = we'll have over 200 total test takers affter this weekend and we'll start with a 170ish class. is that pulling your chain enough?

Fair enough. Good night! Good for BR. You must all be thrilled.

I think the yearly number shenanigans from 99th and Pulaski are the most humorous part of the day. If BR is counting the additional registered for the make-up exam on their original number, then MC, SR, and Marist all have at least 15+ confirmed for their make-up exam with players down in Florida for youth super bowl and covid reasons so all the numbers rise too. That would just make MC at least 230 to BR’s final 204.

Also, nobody counts make-up exam testers for the original test day number unless you’re just bragging about your registration number, in which case they can’t even confirm day-of that those kids didn’t go elsewhere, which they most likely did.

Reactions: MC2023
I think the yearly number shenanigans from 99th and Pulaski are the most humorous part of the day. If BR is counting the additional registered for the make-up exam on their original number, then MC, SR, and Marist all have at least 15+ confirmed for their make-up exam with players down in Florida for youth super bowl and covid reasons so all the numbers rise too. That would just make MC at least 230 to BR’s final 204.

Also, nobody counts make-up exam testers for the original test day number unless you’re just bragging about your registration number, in which case they can’t even confirm day-of that those kids didn’t go elsewhere, which they most likely did.
MC 230
BR at 204. As per Topiary, the final number will be around 170.

Who cares until August, people who lie are losers.

I hope our guys are better at football than your guys. It'll be a nice change of pace after the previous three classes have taken a beating in the CCL Blue. Rice's freshman teams have gone 0-9 over the last three years.

This year's junior class was 0-6 in blue as freshmen and sophomores, and they lost a few players. BR will be rebuilding this year.

I had no idea this topic was such a hot button for the board.

It appears that MC, Rice, and SR will be 7A or lower for the foreseeable future. In 22,23,24, MC is clearly the favorite in any southside matchup.

What is his public school?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT