ADVERTISEMENT

Test Day

This is the lead off hitter of the “Off Season Thread Topic” and usually is flushed by 6:00pm 😀. Today means nothing, got to get them to show in August and stay there after that.
What could possibly go wrong with something as simple as reporting test numbers?. Serious question.

MC gotta be 8A next year. This is the 10th straight year you’ve allegedly had more kids test than us!😂
How many times has BR tested more than MC in the past 10 years. I’m curious now, please set the record straight. I’ve seen this sarcastic claim multiple times from @go-rice:

How many times has BR tested more than MC in the past 10 years. I’m curious now, please set the record straight. I’ve seen this sarcastic claim multiple times from @go-rice:
How many threads have you and Gorice flushed together? When things get heated, you two may need to switch from threads to DMs.

In 3..2..1, you're about to start calling each other names.

How many threads have you and Gorice flushed together? When things get heated, you two may need to switch from threads to DMs.

In 3..2..1, you're about to start calling each other names.
Not sure what is in any of these comments that would lead to threads being deleted? Someone must get offended very easily around here. Just Responding to the constant sarcasm and ignorance.

If pizza places held a said "test day" (same rules, 1st Saturday in Dec at 5pm) which place has the highest testing numbers?
Vito & Nick's?
Roseangela's?
Palermos?
Beggars?
Saturday night? Final results for attendance I’d guess
Vito and Nicks (since they don’t deliver they get huge volume)

Roseangelas (most overall business)

Palermos (Heavy pick up and 90 minute delivery, light inside though)

Beggars I will switch with Fox’s! Heavy traffic all around

Man I’d kill for a Vito and Nicks. Used to have one out here in the burbs (Oswego). Best Pie in Chicago

Reactions: McCaravan

McCaravan, you seem to always have a pulse on where the football talent headed. Hear anything about yesterday?

McCaravan, you seem to always have a pulse on where the football talent headed. Hear anything about yesterday?
I haven’t been on campus for awhile so I’m not sure. Via text I know MC is really excited with who they got and from my brothers who are dug in at BR heard they are as well. Now just have to get them to register. I know from South side schools MC got the Top player from Cajetan, Fisher, CK, Barnabas and the Lowery Award winner from MHR, a big linemen. I’ll be on campus before they leave for break to raid the book store for Christmas gifts and will find out more. I’m sure every school, no matter how many they tested, all got some great players!

I'm with you on getting away from Beggars, but Fox's??? I just can't agree. Better off going to Barraco's IMO, or venturing out to Palos and Joe's Italian Villa.

Reactions: McCaravan
Most of the kids that McCaravan mentioned don’t want to play for Morgan Park.
What would CHAS keep/pull if if it was local enrollment no Ag programs and allowed to be SSC or SWC? Pull this post only but don't flush the whole thing if felt necessary.

These kids should be reminded that publics won 6 of the 8 State Titles this season.
What @BornNRazed said. These are City kids. Most are sons of Chicago First Responders, teachers and City workers that have to live in Chicago as a employment requirement. They have gone to Catholic Grade schools since Pre-schools mainly because....and people forget this fact....they are Catholic. But there options are Morgan Park or The Ag school. So continued Catholic education is the strong option.

Last edited:
I'm with you on getting away from Beggars, but Fox's??? I just can't agree. Better off going to Barraco's IMO, or venturing out to Palos and Joe's Italian Villa.
Barracos has good pizza and they are outstanding to my profession and they get a great bar crowd at all locations, they have become a real social hangout, but I like Fox’s Pizza better....but it close.

Reactions: dweise
My new favorite is a Lou Malnati's specialty pizza that is neither thin crust or deep dish. It doesn't have a crust at all but rather a base made entirely of sausage, with your choice of toppings, including cheddar cheese, which is a nice change from the mozzarella.

Today means nothing, got to get them to show in August and stay there after that.
It's all about the yield.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the practice of city kids testing at Catholic schools as a Plan B if they aren't accepted into CPS selective enrollment schools like Young, Jones, Payton, Lane, Northside Prep, etc. Roughly 1 in every 6 applicants to selective enrollment high schools are admitted to one.

From the Lane Tech website: "Each year approximately 1,200 freshmen are selected from more than 13,000 applicants." I wonder how many of the 800+ kids who tested at DePaul Prep have also tested for admission to Lane (both of which are separated by all of 1,106 feet) or Payton or Northside Prep, etc...

It's all about the yield.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the practice of city kids testing at Catholic schools as a Plan B if they aren't accepted into CPS selective enrollment schools like Young, Jones, Payton, Lane, Northside Prep, etc. Roughly 1 in every 6 applicants to selective enrollment high schools are admitted to one.

From the Lane Tech website: "Each year approximately 1,200 freshmen are selected from more than 13,000 applicants." I wonder how many of the 800+ kids who tested at DePaul Prep have also tested for admission to Lane (both of which are separated by all of 1,106 feet) or Payton or Northside Prep, etc...
The vast majority would be my guess.

I heard they reported what was there this past Saturday (178) and have 25-30 that were quarantined and taking this upcoming Saturday. Makes sense but not sure why they would report the lower number. That place does some odd things. Their numbers for the state playoffs seem to indicate they retain a better percentage of test takers. I heard test population should end up around 205 as the prior poster indicated.

I heard they reported what was there this past Saturday (178) and have 25-30 that were quarantined and taking this upcoming Saturday. Makes sense but not sure why they would report the lower number. That place does some odd things. Their numbers for the state playoffs seem to indicate they retain a better percentage of test takers. I heard test population should end up around 205 as the prior poster indicated.
I believe you have to report the actual number 7of test takers that show up that day. All the schools will report their makeup numbers this week as well.

Reactions: MC2023
What is the average retention rate of test takers? If school X has 200 kids take the test can they expect 80% will actually enroll the following year? I would imagine very few if any at all are getting turned away at this point due to declining enrollment.

Reactions: MC2023
I believe you have to report the actual number 7of test takers that show up that day. All the schools will report their makeup numbers this week as well.
They can report any number they want. I am sure the Archdiocese expects them to be truthful but there is no reason for any of them to do so.

What is the average retention rate of test takers? If school X has 200 kids take the test can they expect 80% will actually enroll the following year? I would imagine very few if any at all are getting turned away at this point due to declining enrollment.
For MC it really differs from class to class each year. Every school will gain a few kids who change their minds and lose some as well. I’ve heard of MC losing as little as 10 and as many as 30 from test day. They graduate an average of about 150 a class and have a current enrollment just over 600. So these numbers are great for the recruiters to raise their glasses too in December but now the hard part comes to get them registered and in the door by August.

That’s very odd. I guess it would explain the 3 different numbers coming out of Rice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT