ADVERTISEMENT

Sycamore 16 Montini 13 Final OT

How is sycamores overall team speed? Know Montini has some burners especially qb.

Congrats to Sycamore!

I don't like this one but I predicted this would happen all week as I picked Sycamore to win by 3 points.

Reactions: gw86
Tough loss but I’m not too surprised here. Broncos looked good at times this year but lacked a spark.

Reactions: Wassup13
Montini had alot of opportunities. But I give sycamore credit they seem to want it more. On a good note Montini wrestling will enter the season with a full line up.

Spartans end a 6-game postseason losing skid to Montini...

2007 - 5A 1st Rd - Montini 14-3
2009 - 5A Qtrs - Montini 31-17
2010 - 5A 2nd Rd - Montini 28-7 (9-1 coming in)
2012 - 5A 2nd Rd - Montini 24-22 (GW FG time expired)
2013 - 5A Semis - Montini 42-20 (undefeated / would have played in DeKalb the following week)
2018 - 5A 2nd Rd - Montini 21-17

Head Coach Joe Ryan has been there for all of it.

Sycamore has 15 postseason losses
-6 to Montini
-3 to Geneseo / Darnall
-2 to Rochelle

Montini better or worse since they played Rita?

Flat since that win. Sometimes you just look at a team and know it’s going to be a tough ride. This team had that look most of the season unfortunately. No rhyme or reason either. A bunch of good kids on this team. Feel bad for them.

Flat since that win. Sometimes you just look at a team and know it’s going to be a tough ride. This team had that look most of the season unfortunately. No rhyme or reason either. A bunch of good kids on this team. Feel bad for them.
Ya the senior kids always the worse part bout it all.
Not trying to look too far ahead as Rita will have big time RB to stop next week.
Know Montini had speed and that's what can throw Rita off.

Ya the senior kids always the worse part bout it all.
Not trying to look too far ahead as Rita will have big time RB to stop next week.
Know Montini had speed and that's what can throw Rita off.

Good path for SR but Sycamore ain’t gonna roll over and play dead for anyone.

Montini better or worse since they played Rita?

For me it was the ND game where Montini looked lackluster.

Vs Rita they were down by about 21 points and came back to win by like 10. They played not so great that game and then superb the other half of the game.

But like mchsalumni said I really liked all the kids on this team. Great group this year!

Reactions: Gene K.
To me this bracket has been easy to pick so far and everything going the way I thought it would. I still forecast...

Rita over Sycamore (2 smashmouth teams)
JCA over Rochester

Rita over JCA by 1 for the state title.

It really does not matter this year, does it?
Every year crazy shit happens. But if you tell me they played each other 2 weeks ago and it was 21-20, I'd question them being the favorite in 2 weeks if things work out that way.
Granted a couple grown men saying who is the actual favorite means jack.

Gotta give Spartans credit. Broncos were first and goal inside ten yd line or at 10 yd line three times today and came away with GOOSE EGGS. Spartan goal line defense Was better than bronco goal line offense and that was the game...oh and that ref flag in the extra pt..wow that ref is sooo good he knew that after an entire season suddenly the movement of broncos place kicking team was a motion penalty. Good thing cause that extra pt would’ve won the game.

Montini had alot of opportunities. But I give sycamore credit they seem to want it more. On a good note Montini wrestling will enter the season with a full line up.
Whether Montini wins that game, the next or even the state championship, they will still be the #1 HS team in Illinois.

Reactions: Gene K.
To me this bracket has been easy to pick so far and everything going the way I thought it would. I still forecast...

JCA over Rochester

Since you asked Sycamore is better than Sterling

Why do you even have to ask that question now that Sterling is out of the playoffs?

Sterling did very well this year. Enough said. The end.

Since you asked Sycamore is better than Sterling

Why do you even have to ask that question now that Sterling is out of the playoffs?

Sterling did very well this year. Enough said. The end.
I thought they may have played each other being somewhat close. Be a way to know something more about sycamore.
Sorry until Rita got sent down to 5a I didn't follow alot of 5a schools especially ones 2 hours away.

JCA over Rochester

As a Morris guy, I kind of agree that running the ball against Rochester is the way to go. But do not underestimate them. They catch a lot of flack from all of us up north, but they are extremely well coached offensively. Very efficient and will score on most 4A-6A teams

Two out of three years Montini has had problems winning on the road.

Seems like a good time for some road team bonding before the season begins would be to have the team hit the road and play some paintball before the season begins.

Two out of three years Montini has had problems winning on the road.

Seems like a good time for some road team bonding before the season begins would be to have the team hit the road and play some paintball before the season begins.
The Wisconsin win wasn’t big first game of the year ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT