sporthog9er

Jun 9, 2001
LWC (2-6) at HF (7-1)
LWW (5-3) at LWE (8-0)
Andrew (6-2) at Bolingbrook (6-2)
Stagg (1-7) at Lockport (3-5)
Bradley (3-5)
at Sandburg (2-6)

Potentially big seeding game between Andrew and Brook, this one may be a tight ball game. West's depleted roster will hope to keep East under 40 from half. I think Bradley is the one road team to earn a victory this week. Lockport should close out the year with 4 wins in a very respectable bounce-back year. LWC on pace for fewest wins since 2011.

LWC (2-6) at HF (7-1)
LWW (5-3) at LWE (8-0)
Andrew (6-2) at Bolingbrook (6-2)
Stagg (1-7) at Lockport (3-5)
Bradley (3-5)
at Sandburg (2-6)

Potentially big seeding game between Andrew and Brook, this one may be a tight ball game.
This will be tight only as dictated by when Brook decides to begin subbing out their starters to stay safe for Round 1. If you match starting line-ups on either side of the ball, Brook will be bigger, faster and/or stronger across the board. Offensively, 4 particular Raider players will prove troublesome for Andrew when their number is called.

Reactions: WIU78
I said when VJA Andy went to Bradley-B they were in trouble. They pulled that one out but now week two of trouble is upon them. Brook by 3 TD’s.

Comedy.Gold.
I question whether our OC can call two TD drives. I can't imagine Andrew kicking or punting to King. Our D though pretty strong does give up a big play per game, otherwise being on the field for 80% of the game wears them down for the other 2 TDs

Last edited:
You certainly do like the water nowadays, don’t you?
If you aren’t trolling around for fun you’re slinging sandbags as fast as you can.
See response to mchs above. I'm not sure people have watched the 2x we've been on TV. We may have had 130 yards in the two games combined.

Reactions: Bwm57
I question whether our OC can call two TD drives. I can't imagine Andrew kicking or punting to King. Our D though pretty strong does give up a big play per game, otherwise being on the field for 80% of the game wears them down for the other 2 TDs
Against a Red Division size and calibre defense, the OC can just give Borland, Howard, King and Suggs their touches. It will be trouble for Andrew to either bring them down or catch them. The chains should move and the end zone will be reached.

Didn't see the Lockport game, but word is only one play worked. Offense looked equally inept against Sandburg.

But looked ok against PW and Stagg.

Bones
So your saying LP is not as good as being portrayed because they lost to a one dimensional team?
I will tell you your not giving your Raiders the credit they deserve. I think Andrew is now finding out who they really are and not who they thought they were. Caliber of the conference will do that.

Against a Red Division size and calibre defense, the OC can just give Borland, Howard, King and Suggs their touches. It will be trouble for Andrew to either bring them down or catch them. The chains should move and the end zone will be reached.
Borland gets about 2 touches a game. Can't run King and Howard into the teeth of a defense, they're just not built like that.
Bones
So your saying LP is not as good as being portrayed because they lost to a one dimensional team?
I will tell you your not giving your Raiders the credit they deserve. I think Andrew is now finding out who they really are and not who they thought they were. Caliber of the conference will do that.
The kids play hard. The defense is capable. The offense needs to be put in better position to be successful.

Last edited:
Reactions: mchsalumni
LWC 10 at HF 35
LWW 0 at LWE 43
Andrew 13 at Bolingbrook 20
Stagg 0 at Lockport 42
Bradley 20 at Sandburg 21

Beating a dead horse here, I know, but I just can't understand how a school like Sandburg can qualify just once in the past six years (including this one) and how they have been so damn average/mediocre for a lot longer than that.

Beating a dead horse here, I know, but I just can't understand how a school like Sandburg can qualify just once in the past six years (including this one) and how they have been so damn average/mediocre for a lot longer than that.
I was told Providence and Marist

when you can’t figure out why, look to see where the players are going. Lots of private schools within 30 miles of Sandburg and Lockport

Reactions: WIU78 and Gene K.
Well you could pull the rosters and see Sandburg is decimated by the privates as a result of the “downturn” of the program. If the student athlete doesn’t fit the public school mo the parents will bolt. Sandburg also has a closed hiring practice and missed out on the H-F coach...$$$$$$. A few years back the Marist QB would have been a LWE guy and maybe a starter but performed well by going private as well. A lot of reasons kids move around and it is more prevalent today...similar to travel baseball and softball gypsies.

when you can’t figure out why, look to see where the players are going. Lots of private schools within 30 miles of Sandburg and Lockport

Not buying it.

Several private schools within 15-16 miles of LWE as well. Do kids from the MS district not attend Notre Dame and Loyola? Do Montini, Benet, St. Francis, and IC not draw kids from the GBW district? Year after year, schools like LWE, MS, and GBW are able to achieve sustained success, despite having lots of private schools to compete with for players.

Not buying it.

Several private schools within 15-16 miles of LWE as well. Do kids from the MS district not attend Notre Dame and Loyola? Do Montini, Benet, St. Francis, and IC not draw kids from the GBW district? Year after year, schools like LWE, MS, and GBW are able to achieve sustained success, despite having lots of private schools to compete with for players.

Nailed it.

Didn’t nail anything. Parents decide if the kid goes to a school or not often times based on potential playing time. Sandburg is the question...they have been down, Coach fluctuation, and a downturn for the last few years. If you are a stud football player looking for options private’s are the easier path but not the only one. LWE has lost a Mokena kid to Marist at QB spot who fit in better with the RedHawks at the time.

Didn’t nail anything. Parents decide if the kid goes to a school or not often times based on potential playing time. Sandburg is the question...they have been down, Coach fluctuation, and a downturn for the last few years. If you are a stud football player looking for options private’s are the easier path but not the only one. LWE has lost a Mokena kid to Marist at QB spot who fit in better with the RedHawks at the time.

Not buying that either.

Yes, Sandburg is the question, but the other schools I brought up are examples that public schools CAN compete with private schools for players and achieve sustained success. It IS possible.

Furthermore, if playing time is the reason you seem to think it is, don't you think average and above players would see more PT at a place like Sandburg over schools like PC, BR, and Marist?

As for Sandburg having had a downturn the past few years, Shepard was also in a downturn for a very long time up until around 2009. Despite being in a neighboring district of Sandburg and competing with all those same pesky private schools that Sandburg competes with, Shepard seems to be finding a way to turn things around and achieve a sustained level of competitiveness.

Not buying it.

I agree, there aren’t really that many private schools that close to Sandburg.
A few years ago there was a really strong baseball tie in from that area to the private schools like Rita and STL , but I have never heard it for football.
For sure it’s nothing like Richards who somehow puts together a strong team almost every year despite being right in the middle of many privates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
Brook 1st and goal from the 1...Couldn't punch it in. Kick a FG

10-7 Brook

Would have been nice to see Lockport have their #1 qb all season...
Lockport 42-12 over Stagg

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT