ADVERTISEMENT

Swagger @ Marist

What a great game! That pick Marist threw in the Endzone really, really hurt. And not punting at Midfield. Fun game to watch.

Disappointing home loss for Marist. Outcoached. Marist had chances to put game away and didn't. However boys volleyball season is not far away and Marist should be able to continue its dominance on the court.

I will say I always feel bad for the Sr’s. Good groups kids at Marist for sure
They have an amazing student section, band, dance team, cheerleaders, loud fans, it’s an intimidating, loud, and difficult place to play, it just doesn’t work out for them in the semifinals there

Reactions: tmjgrady
The southsiders should know but the fact that Marist is getting crap for getting knocked out in the semis is pretty crazy. Prior to Dunne they had essentially zero football tradition. One runner up and some playoff appearances here and there. Dunne put them on the map as a school that could compete and Dawczak has kept it going. The thought of Marist being in the semis pretty much every year would have been laughable 15 years ago, now it’s a reality. I’m sure they aren’t satisfied until they win it all but it’s been pretty remarkable what good coaching can do to a program.

Bunch - poor defense, Lausch only being maybe being 70% which took away a lot of offense and hurt us on punting. But Marists play calling really hurt them big time (even Dean who was there can attest)- can't use turnovers as excuse because Maine gave Marist a gift one in 1st half. So until they win a State Championship or heck even beat MC in football, then they'll continue to be a heck of a volleyball school.

Bunch - poor defense, Lausch only being maybe being 70% which took away a lot of offense and hurt us on punting. But Marists play calling really hurt them big time (even Dean who was there can attest)- can't use turnovers as excuse because Maine gave Marist a gift one in 1st half. So until they win a State Championship or heck even beat MC in football, then they'll continue to be a heck of a volleyball school.
Man you really seem to be lashing out since yesterday. Guess it’s understandable since the best QB the southside has seen since Mcnabb and a bunch of transfers could only result in a semis loss. But keep hanging your hat on that 40 year old state championship.

At least we got one and have beaten MC in 40 years and last I saw have beaten Marist more in football overall. But I will give Marist their props in volleyball, cross country and even wrestling. All superior programs.

Topiary is upset - maybe two more transfers will get him to a state championship
Facts = Rice has at least won a football state championship, Rice has beaten MC and Rice has beaten Marist more than its lost to Marist. How you like them apples? But hey serve and spike is coming up so you'll be able to rub that in our noses (and oh we don't have a guy from Citadel fronting the tuiition to 20 of our key players)

Yeah and they have 13 more than Marist. Anyway moving on since we''re both out of it - until next year

Facts = Rice has at least won a football state championship, Rice has beaten MC and Rice has beaten Marist more than its lost to Marist. How you like them apples? But hey serve and spike is coming up so you'll be able to rub that in our noses (and oh we don't have a guy from Citadel fronting the tuiition to 20 of our key players)
Wait what tuition to 20 key players? No you dint it! Did you let the cat out the bag ? LMAO

Reactions: PRokie
My field reporter and I just got done reviewing this game. My guy is very biased and said MS had no business winning this game. They won. It’s a bad bounce, a bad call, whatever.
You have to be in the spot to be the beneficiary of the bad bounce, the bad call. Guess who’s always in the game to be that beneficiary?

My field reporter and I just got done reviewing this game. My guy is very biased and said MS had no business winning this game. They won. It’s a bad bounce, a bad call, whatever.
You have to be in the spot to be the beneficiary of the bad bounce, the bad call. Guess who’s always in the game to be that beneficiary?
Not sure I would agree “no business “
MS made some BIG plays.
We threw two interceptions to nobody and fumbled on our own 3

One could suggest not being able to make a first down with a much larger o-line with the game on the line means “no business” winning.
There were horrible calls, no calls, spots etc. I watched the film as well.

so tell me… who’s the beneficiary ?

Reactions: ckclassof2000
The beneficiary is the team that is always in that playoff game to get that bad bounce. I’m giving you a back handed compliment and being sarcastic. Relax PK

The beneficiary is the team that is always in that playoff game to get that bad bounce. I’m giving you a back handed compliment and being sarcastic. Relax PK
Copy… I’m just used to regular backhands

I still think this is the most dangerous team right now because everyone has blown them off. Everyone spent all their time pontificating about the CCL, yada yada. If you watched the game…. These boys got granite stones and come to play.

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K.
I didn’t watch the game so I had to trust my reporter. And trust me unless you’re HC or OC or MSForever there’s no one in Park Ridge that knows that program or loves it better than my reporter.

At least we got one and have beaten MC in 40 years and last I saw have beaten Marist more in football overall. But I will give Marist their props in volleyball, cross country and even wrestling. All superior programs.
They haven't been good in Wrestling in years.

I didn’t watch the game so I had to trust my reporter. And trust me unless you’re HC or OC or MSForever there’s no one in Park Ridge that knows that program or loves it better than my reporter.
I’d be curious as to his justification of “no business”. We were out-manned, no secret. I’ve been very close to MS football for the better part of 20 years , coached for 12 for both versions of youth football. I’m pretty familiar.
NO BUSINESS is a ridiculous statement on his part.

ESCC has never been a Powerhouse by any means and you know that. Marist used to be one of the top teams consistently in the State in Wrestling under Gervais but have been the same the past few years. They have a couple good wrestlers but they aren’t the dominant team top to bottom they once were for many years. Same for Providence which is even a bigger fall from glory.

Sandburg has taken a lot of wrestlers who would have gone to Marist and Provy in past

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT