ADVERTISEMENT

Swagger @ Marist

The sandbagging has begun. The only mystery that remains for the week-will there be any 2 am posts?

• Haha
Reactions: mchsalumni
LA has had the good fortune of beating both teams and the bad fortune of losing to both teams so I know a bit about these two from a far. Marist is their usual humongous selves on both the O line and D line. They also have a fantastic LB, similar to another great one a couple of years ago, Colin Bohanek. They love pounding the rock between the tackles, wearing you down with their size and the occasional throw for the dagger. On defense, they plug the middle with the two giant d tackles and the tackling machine LB #8 filling the holes. MS needs to keep the game close by somehow establishing some sort of running game. legitimizing their potent play action. If their QB Keefe is fast and athletic they need to run him along with the RB Sajenko . We know about the MS air attack and it also needs to produce, especially on third down. MS on defense is loaded as well. They are playing with two D1 players. They are different from past years on the d line because they have length and size. They'll probably need to run blitz and stunt, as we did at LA to stop the run. I don't know if the Marist line is quick enough to stop the MS pass rush. I think it wiill surprise them, especially if Inserra gets creative. It's going to be a fantastic game. I remember the Marist faithful coming out in full force so it will have a great atmosphere.

Interesting rematch of the 2009 State Title game!

Naturally I’ll take the Hawks by 7. Looks to be good weather too! And no mud!

Who yah got and why?
Except I don't think Keefe is on a par with Benz and Price. I think it will depend on who executes the best. In the Palatine game I was actually kinda surprised by the number of fumbles, interceptions, misqueues by MS. That's usually what sets programs like Maine South and Glenbard West apart is that they always out-execute you. They don't drop passes, they don't get tons of drive killing penalties, they don't turn the ball over often. Should be an exceptional game!

Very bad no call personal foul against Marist stepping on our kid after the play
Our QB

Hats off to Maine South for resilience. Marist blowing so many chances to put this game away. 3:45 remains

Reactions: MC2023
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT