ADVERTISEMENT

Stunning News - Hjorth Resigns

Stunning. First class guy. Always was incredibly gracious to the media and absolutely loved the kids he coached.

I will throw a name out that would be a great fit for Stevenson (Brent Pearlman).

Who ever it is you better get ready quick Lincoln way east and neuqua valley first couple weeks of 2019!

Curious...where do some of you think this job ranks in the state? Great student population (demographics), great facilities & seems to have great support from the district and community.

As far as the coaches decision, I left the best job I could’ve dreamed of earlier this year to address a serious health issue. An opportunity to be closer to home and my kids trumped the situation I was in. You never know when your number will be called and there’s nothing more important than our kids. Edgy knows about the work I was doing at Beyond Sports and how great of a gig it is. I miss it. It was great working with all the student athletes and families from several of the schools that are frequently discussed on this board. Regardless, I needed to put myself and my family first in order be around longer. I totally get where this coach is coming from. Don’t know specifics of his situation but we can never fault a man for doing what’s best for his family. Best of luck to Coach!

Since they are usually ranked top 25 or so and the size of the school,it would have to be one of top HC jobs in state.

They have the longest run in the state in terms of most consecutive years in the playoffs. They play in a very good conference and have some of the best facilities in the state.

This is clearly a top level head coaching job.

Reactions: LAguy
Are we going to start talking about how good lwe is going to be next year,I sure hope not.

Not yet. Probably around 7v7 time and lineman challenges in May/June/July. When they bring 4 squads each to every event is usually when it starts.

Reactions: Cross Bones
You can not only look at how good is the job from a football perspective, but also a teaching perspective. Stevenson is top 10 in both categories IMO. Top 3 in academics for sure. Then they pay and structure is phenomenal as well.

You can not only look at how good is the job from a football perspective, but also a teaching perspective. Stevenson is top 10 in both categories IMO. Top 3 in academics for sure. Then they pay and structure is phenomenal as well.
Agreed, along with what Newt said about their tradition. I was thinking a top 5 but really can’t come up with a better situation, all things considered. LWE, Brook, MS, HF, Napervilles, GBW come to mind as really good situations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT