ADVERTISEMENT

State of the SPC West

SWsuburbs4

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2017
Now that the crossovers are complete... how do we envision the rest of the season to go?

The Contenders:

Oswego

2-2. Lost to a great NV team with their QB healthy, got upset by Andrew's running attack, and cleaned up vs Joliet Central and Romeoville. Will they revert back to the traditional Oswego that always finds a way to win in the SPC?

Oswego East
3-1. Always a strong team with fantastic athletes. QB going to Navy is dangerous on the ground and in the air. Lone hiccup to a solid LWW team.

Plainfield North
4-0. Looks to be one of their best teams? Marquee win over Naperville Central, and running clocks for the rest. QB and RB look like big-time playmakers and their defense has only given up 35 points through four games. My pick for the Conference Champ.

Minooka
3-1 with the only loss to a dangerous Bolingbrook team. The game this week vs Oswego will be a big game for both programs. If Minooka wins, they will be in good shape to take a run at the conference.

Yorkville
4-0 against SPC East teams. Blowouts in all, only giving up 42 total points. This could be a dark horse contender to win it. They beat Oswego last year and seem to have some Oswego roots inside the program. Huge game vs PN this week.

Who ya got?

If I'm not in propaganda mode I say that PFN and Yorkville is the championship game. But sometimes the name on the front of the jersey matters, if that's the case Oswego wins because they're Oswego.

Reactions: SWsuburbs4
If I'm not in propaganda mode I say that PFN and Yorkville is the championship game. But sometimes the name on the front of the jersey matters, if that's the case Oswego wins because they're Oswego.
That’s going to a be a great game. I feel like the PFN staff gets a little tight when they play OHS. Oswego is too young this season IMO.

PN. 1st team defense has only given up two touchdowns (long touchdown passes to NC and PS) and they have the best QB in the league.

Reactions: SWsuburbs4
Looks like PN is the definite favorite after their dominant 24-0 win over Yorkville. Oswego looks to be out of it with the loss at Minooka. Can Minooka challenge PN?

i don’t think so, as down as Oswego is (key injuries, not very deep and a lot of sophs playing big minutes), Minooka wasn’t that much better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT