ADVERTISEMENT

St Rita VS Boylan

Boylan won but it was a dog fight. I’m assuming Rita is better than Sycamore.

Not so sure. And I am not sure if this means anything, but Montini beat Rita 45 - 35. Sycamore beat Bronco 16 - 13. I guess you can put "two and two together" here.

I will say, though, Rita did--at one point--have a 35 - 17 lead in mid Q3 in that game. I would like to believe the present Rita team having an 18 point lead in Q3 would go on to victory, but who the hell knows. I honestly thought Rita had a good chance playing at Bronco at this point in the playoffs.

That's why they play the games.

Rita's a better team then when they played the Bronco.

I think Rita would beat Sycamore.

This will be a good game.

Lol! Nice, "witty" response. A very strange set of circumstances, indeed. Point is, though, turnovers are obviously a true detriment to a team winning--even the favorites.

Rita is gonna have to lose the game. This is not a situation where if they play well they can lose.

Reactions: MonetaMitch
If this years quarter final Boylan team is similiar in strength as last years quarter final game against Sterling, I’m going to say Rita wins 35-0
Rita will simply not be challenged. They are that good. No disrespect to Boylan, great game last year in Sterling but Rita is simply at another level.

If this years quarter final Boylan team is similiar in strength as last years quarter final game against Sterling, I’m going to say Rita wins 35-0
Rita will simply not be challenged. They are that good. No disrespect to Boylan, great game last year in Sterling but Rita is simply at another level.

Reactions: RockSoup
Sycamore’s offense could cause problems on a turf field. I think Rita’s team matches up better to a similar offense they’ve seen all year with Boylan so the line might lean to Rita -7.5 or more. Too much speed as shown vs a very fast Hillcrest team today.

someone from passing game needs to step up in a big way! Offense wasn't dominant today minus a long #35 run. #1 didn't play today. SR definitely tried not to show much for scouting purposes (hence running the play clock down a lot)

SR definitely tried not to show much for scouting purposes

I doubt they are worried about that. It is now week 13 and you are who you are. There are no secrets at this point. Its not like either team wont have virtually every relevant film from the season.

Rita will roll by at least 2 scores. KB gets them up and then the defense stifles the opponent.

This Boylan team is better than last year's team, but yeah, St. Rita should be favored by 2-3 Td's

I did not realize Sycamore and Boylan was a mud bowl. I would like to see that game again on a better field.

It was maybe the worst field condition I have seen. Players could barely move in the center of the field. IMO Sycamore was much better and dominated most of the game. Credit to Boylan for finding a way with 2 80 yard fumble returns.

Is there any rule preventing schools from moving a game due to field conditions? I find it hard to believe they didn’t know it would be this bad prior to the game. Pretty important game to have the field be a major factor.

I think the semi will be a running clock.

Reactions: Gene K.
It was maybe the worst field condition I have seen. Players could barely move in the center of the field. IMO Sycamore was much better and dominated most of the game. Credit to Boylan for finding a way with 2 80 yard fumble returns.

Is there any rule preventing schools from moving a game due to field conditions? I find it hard to believe they didn’t know it would be this bad prior to the game. Pretty important game to have the field be a major factor.

Good point about the field change. Rockford has at least two nice field turf stadiums they could have used. I heard a Boylan admin say they checked the field a day before the game and measured a 1-1/2 inch of frozen ground at Boylan. He didn't think the field would get that bad. They made a bad call.

People need to slow their gallop on the stangs. Still a real young team and one dimensional on offense. Boylan will come ready to play with a chip on their shoulder. While I'm hoping for a mustang win, it's gonna be a dog fight.

Boylan made A LOT of mistakes and managed to win. Sycamore was a very good team. St Rita is the real deal. I’m looking forward to a good game.

I’m assuming you’re a Sycamore fan. The running clock comment appears to be ankle biting because Sycamore crumbled when it counted.

Lotsa shade from Sycamore and Sterling fans. Easy to talk trash when you’re sitting in the stands. Sycamore fans should “Rembember” that.

If Rockford is extremely fast on defense and has a decent passing game they have a shot.
Plus Rita coaches blew a game against a Rockford team few years ago so anything can happen from week to week.

I’m assuming you’re a Sycamore fan. The running clock comment appears to be ankle biting because Sycamore crumbled when it counted.

Sterling fan so no dog in the fight.

Meant it more as a nod to how impressed I was with Rita than slight to Boylan. Take it however you want.

Weird ankle biting comment. Not really sure what that even means.

Boylan was dominated yesterday. No objective football person would say otherwise. They deserve credit for finding a way to win. I’m just not sure they can count on two fluke fumble returns while having less than 100 yards of O and 5 first downs against Rita.

Sterling fan so no dog in the fight.

Meant it more as a nod to how impressed I was with Rita than slight to Boylan. Take it however you want.

Weird ankle biting comment. Not really sure what that even means.

Boylan was dominated yesterday. No objective football person would say otherwise. They deserve credit for finding a way to win. I’m just not sure they can count on two fluke fumble returns while having less than 100 yards of O and 5 first downs against Rita.

Ankle biting is what little dogs do to big dogs. Sterling choked. Sycamore choked. Scoreboard indicates Boylan wasn’t dominanted. Scoreboard is objective.

Ankle biting is what little dogs do to big dogs. Sterling choked. Sycamore choked. Scoreboard indicates Boylan wasn’t dominanted. Scoreboard is objective.
Were you not watching the same game as everyone else? Boylan was dominated by Sycamore. You can be dominated by a team and still be able to pull out a victory. I'll take the victory, but I am very aware that we got lucky in that game. Sycamore controlled the line of scrimmage and had 355 yards of offense to just 99 for Boylan. Boylan was fortunate enough to get 3 long fumble returns that resulted in 2 touchdowns and one being returned to the 12 yard line.

I have seen 5 games for Boylan in person this year (North, Hono, Harlem, Marmion, and Sycamore) and the rest on NFHS and know the type of team they are and what they are capable of. With that being said, I would be shocked if Rita doesn't beat Boylan by at least 28 points. Boylan is just not in the same stratosphere as Rita and Boylan's limitations on offense and lack of depth really catches up with them. Am I hoping for a Boylan win? Yes, of course I am. I'm just being realistic of their chances.

Also, when Rita beats Boylan, are you going to come back here and say that Boylan choked? I would hope not and I hope you tone down your future posts because they seem to be shining a negative light on us other Boylan posters and fans.

Sycamore dominated the game and Boylan won. You do realize both can be true right?

Sterling was beaten by a better team.

It took Sycamore to choke for Boylan to win. You’re making my point for me.

Rita coaches blew a game against a Rockford team few years ago so anything can happen from week to week.
SR was up by three scores and took the foot of the gas. That was a coaching error I'm sure they learned from. But all the Rita fans wanted Kaleb Brown out of the game in the 4th quarter. That was the right call yesterday.

Also Boylan is 12-0. Fans this is the semi's. Boylan is a good team. I'm guessing Kuska is telling his kids they are the underdogs and have something to prove playing at home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT