ADVERTISEMENT

St. Rita @ St. Charles North

Wittymoniker1

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2007
La Grange Park, IL
Anyone SCN fans out there who can give us Rita fans the skinny on your Stars?

I am thinking SCN is the favorite here playing at home with SR down to their junior third string QB. Not sure what the injury report is on junior #6 second string QB, but if he's ready to play, then the game should be more competitive.

Scn runs a spread offense and can pitch it and catch it as well as anyone.

Best athlete is Tyler nubin, who is getting interest from most high majors. Qb is mike honesee who has a cannon and is a threat on the ground. All everything back Lucas segobianco can line up almost anywhere on the field and is good for 20 touches a game.

Their overall team speed is probably second only to ESL in 7A. Slightly undersized but speed more than makes up for it.

Scn runs a spread offense and can pitch it and catch it as well as anyone.

Best athlete is Tyler nubin, who is getting interest from most high majors. Qb is mike honesee who has a cannon and is a threat on the ground. All everything back Lucas segobianco can line up almost anywhere on the field and is good for 20 touches a game.

Their overall team speed is probably second only to ESL in 7A. Slightly undersized but speed more than makes up for it.

Any relation to the Bear QB during the strike year? Thanks for the scouting report. I hope the Mustangs can "slow" down that offense to keep the game close.

With all the offensive fire power on both teams, the game will come down to defense and special teams. Who gets the big stop, who wins the turnover battle, who wraps up and finishes tackles? I have this one relatively close but maybe I'm overestimating St. Rita. I know how good SCN is and after seeing them @King MJ probably could've mentioned 2 or 3 more difference makers along with the ones he mentioned earlier.

I may have to take a 15 minute drive up Randall Road and visit Soup de Jour (Rock Soup) and cheer on Cascia.

Reactions: RockSoup
I may have to take a 15 minute drive up Randall Road and visit Soup de Jour (Rock Soup) and cheer on Cascia.
Sounds good. I'll be easy to find. I'll be the best looking one out of the SR alumni that make it to the game.

Reactions: Gene K.
St. Rita needs to be able to control the clock to stay in this one. Also, any difficult weather conditions (wind or rain) would play in their favor.

If SCN can pitch it and catch it, i dont think rita has the defensive speed to match up. Reality is SCN has 4 guys who would be the #1 receiver at a majority of the top 20 schools.

A guy like tommy nelson who is their 4th offensive option would be a 50 receptions guy at most other schools

Early forecast is a seasonable 51 degrees with 9-12mph winds. Favorable conditions for a spread offense.

Looks like the mustangs do not stand a chance vs. a team that comes out of a pretty weak conference and light schedule....Only time should tell.

Reactions: SWsuburbs4
Wow, I got my own hype man! Thanks CB. Hope you make it out Saturday afternoon.

Hey Soupy, what years did you attend Rita? Did you play football? What position? How was the Rita squad back then?

Hey Soupy, what years did you attend Rita? Did you play football? What position? How was the Rita squad back then?
This thread is about,what I think, is going to be one of the best games this weekend between two great teams, not about a has been like me:)

But been going to Rita games since I was 5 in the 70s. Thought they were the Bears. So disappointed when I found out they had to go to class. Rita was good then which is pretty cool, thinking that for nearly 50 years they have been in the discussion when it comes to football in this state. You'll have to make the trip down Randall Rd Saturday for the rest of the story.

St. Rita needs to be able to control the clock to stay in this one. Also, any difficult weather conditions (wind or rain) would play in their favor.

If SCN can pitch it and catch it, i dont think rita has the defensive speed to match up. Reality is SCN has 4 guys who would be the #1 receiver at a majority of the top 20 schools.

A guy like tommy nelson who is their 4th offensive option would be a 50 receptions guy at most other schools
Rita's defense CAN run and that includes a nice group of DBs. They are not hiding anyone that can not physically measure up to the assignment at hand, including in open space. I saw them once on game video and once personally as my basis of this judgement.

Well, I guess the "Cat is out of the bag" now. I was hoping SCN would prepare for the Mick, but, oh well, it is what it is. Good luck to junior #6 this Saturday in St. Charles.

Last edited:
Can we please talk about what’s important here?!?! What uniform combo will SR go with?
I would go with the blue helmet,white jersey and blue pants!

Can we please talk about what’s important here?!?! What uniform combo will SR go with?
I would go with the blue helmet,white jersey and blue pants!
Nope, red pants white jersey white helmet. Gotta stay away from any blue vs SCNs home unis

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT