ADVERTISEMENT

St. Rita Mustangs . . . .

Wittymoniker1

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2007
La Grange Park, IL
If you're reading this and to be honest, I don't have a clue who reads this, hear me out.

No disrespect to your previous playoff opponents, but this is going to be your toughest test, yet.

Prospect is a tough, gritty and talented team with a "never-say-die" attitude.

Just like you, they have performed admirably without some key starters.

And I know you're not taking this team lightly, but please do NOT take this team lightly.

Be as tough, gritty and talented as they are. Have that "never-say-die-EVER" type attitude!

Throwing everything you got at Prospect, including the "Kitchen Sink."

One quarter at a time and good luck to you all! That's all I got.

I'll take the opposite approach and try to pique the interest of some fans.

How many players on the Prospects roster see action if they play for St. Rita?

I am well aware that having the best athletes does not guarantee victory. But, since Rita has had the simplest path to state in possibly IHSA history, we might as well start a conversation.

Again, SR has a fantastic program and team. It's not their fault that their draw has been cupcakes. St. Rita possesses the talent to have emerged from the tough upper tier of this class.

When these two teams are pitted against each other, the spread on this game is 16.5 for a reason.

Reactions: MC2023
I'm trying to titillate people's interest in St. Rita threads in order to get feedback on the game. They are such heavy favorites that no one even discusses.

Agree Witty. This gane has that bad feel of 1994. SR slayed the MC dragon in the quarters and was playing at home in the semis and I assumed a trip downstate was inevitable. Then Palatine showed up at 7740 S Western.

Rita will have to play an excellent game to win tomorrow. Go Rita!!!

I'll take the opposite approach and try to pique the interest of some fans.

How many players on the Prospects roster see action if they play for St. Rita?

I am well aware that having the best athletes does not guarantee victory. But, since Rita has had the simplest path to state in possibly IHSA history, we might as well start a conversation.

Again, SR has a fantastic program and team. It's not their fault that their draw has been cupcakes. St. Rita possesses the talent to have emerged from the tough upper tier of this class.

When these two teams are pitted against each other, the spread on this game is 16.5 for a reason.
I see posts like this a lot and I would say this is a complete and total disrespect for the prospect program.

Those kids work just as hard if not harder than the rita kids, have performed at a high level all season and if given the chance they would easily compete with the rita athletes.

I would call this post a few other things but I also remember posts like this many years ago when prospect played Mt Carmel In the state title game. I think I remember how that day turned out but maybe someone can share it with me.

I would certainly hope that the Rita coaching staff has more respect for the Prospect roster than those who post and are greatly misinformed.

Regardless of the outcome, don’t think that the kids from Prospect can’t compete - which is what your post tries to claim. I would hope other Rita posters like Witty will not take such a uninformed approach.

Reactions: lookoutforliam
I see posts like this a lot and I would say this is a complete and total disrespect for the prospect program.

Those kids work just as hard if not harder than the rita kids, have performed at a high level all season and if given the chance they would easily compete with the rita athletes.

I would call this post a few other things but I also remember posts like this many years ago when prospect played Mt Carmel In the state title game. I think I remember how that day turned out but maybe someone can share it with me.

I would certainly hope that the Rita coaching staff has more respect for the Prospect roster than those who post and are greatly misinformed.

Regardless of the outcome, don’t think that the kids from Prospect can’t compete - which is what your post tries to claim. I would hope other Rita posters like Witty will not take such a uninformed approach.
So, in your opinion, the point spread thread demonstrate a blatant disrespect for the prospect?

Much crazier things have happened in sports than prospect upsetting Rita tomorrow night.

He is not a St. Rita poster. He supports Br. Rice.

Reactions: lookoutforliam
He is not a St. Rita poster. He supports Br. Rice.
As previously stated, the purpose of my post was to garner attention and feedback on the game. I've never said prospect can't compete with Rita. I expect a close first half, similar to the last two rounds with Rita. However, if prospect is still on their third quarterback and expects to run the ball directly at Rita, they may need to borrow Loyola's offensive line to be effective.

As previously stated, the purpose of my post was to garner attention and feedback on the game. I've never said prospect can't compete with Rita. I expect a close first half, similar to the last two rounds with Rita. However, if prospect is still on their third quarterback and expects to run the ball directly at Rita, they may need to borrow Loyola's offensive line to be effective.
Well you could have said that but didn’t. I mean any St. Rita fan knows plenty of heartbreaks so it seems that may have led to the silence the last 4 weeks and it was nice. Prospect has St. Rita’s full respect and attention. Good luck to your Crusaders vs Wheaton North.

Reactions: Gene K.
Everyone knows, anything can happen. My statement is based on the FACT that SR running clocked RM and RM beat Prospect. Just my opinion based on common opponent.

Everyone knows, anything can happen. My statement is based on the FACT that SR running clocked RM and RM beat Prospect. Just my opinion based on common opponent.
Understood. But a lot of flaws to that strategy. St. Rita lost to Loyola by 30 and Fenwick lost to Loyola by 2. Would Fenwick be favored by 28 vs St. Rita?

Reactions: chakazulu89
So, in your opinion, the point spread thread demonstrate a blatant disrespect for the prospect?

Much crazier things have happened in sports than prospect upsetting Rita tomorrow night.
What point spread? Some arbitrary post by someone who couldn’t name two players on Prospects roster?
By claiming how many prospect players would start on rita is just an ignorant comparison.

if I weee you I’d be a bit more concerned about Wheaton North than who Rita is playing.

• Love
Reactions: RockSoup
Understood. But a lot of flaws to that strategy. St. Rita lost to Loyola by 30 and Fenwick lost to Loyola by 2. Would Fenwick be favored by 28 vs St. Rita?
Again, anything can happen. Just used the only comparable data points we have to make a projection.

Brin,

I do hear what you're saying. I could be wrong, but I thought Prospect was missing some key players in that game? Anyway, let's hope our Mustangs can advance to the State Championship game for 7A!

What point spread? Some arbitrary post by someone who couldn’t name two players on Prospects roster?
By claiming how many prospect players would start on rita is just an ignorant comparison.

if I weee you I’d be a bit more concerned about Wheaton North than who Rita is playing.
Would you mind sharing your thoughts on the prospect roster and players to keep an eye on tomorrow? It appears that you have some sort of connection.

Rice will encounter a tussle tomorrow.

Well you could have said that but didn’t. I mean any St. Rita fan knows plenty of heartbreaks so it seems that may have led to the silence the last 4 weeks and it was nice. Prospect has St. Rita’s full respect and attention. Good luck to your Crusaders vs Wheaton North.
If I had only said that, this thread would have had three comments, just like last week's vs Hon.

If I had only said that, this thread would have had three comments, just like last week's vs Hon.
You fished last week, got no nibbles. Saw the opportunity to fish again and went for it. The 3 comment weeks have been nice.

Brin,

I do hear what you're saying. I could be wrong, but I thought Prospect was missing some key players in that game? Anyway, let's hope our Mustangs can advance to the State Championship game for 7A!
Yeah, I'm not sure what their health was during the season, but SR has been hit with the injury bug and finally starting to get healthy. We have become accustomed to tight first half games(which will probably happen tomorrow too) and for whatever reason SR turns it on in the second half. Whether it's by 1 point of 20 points just hope to be playing the winner of BR/WN.

Would you mind sharing your thoughts on the prospect roster and players to keep an eye on tomorrow? It appears that you have some sort of connection.

I have no connection other than to their head coach who I have known for sometime.

It doesn’t boil down to anything like that. We seem to get these posts every year around playoff time. Happened quite a bit with Lake Zurich in their hey day, prospect in the early 2000’s and others.

There is some deranged theory that some on the board subscribe to that the only good football is played in the CCL. That their players are far superior to everyone else’s no matter.

The CCL has earned the moniker of a league that plays great football but that doesn’t mean it’s the end all be all of football.

Asking which players from Prospect would start or play at Rita shows ignorance and disrespect to a program that is traditionally strong and coached by a guy with state title game chops.

Rita likely wins this game tomorrow and maybe pulls away in doing so, but that doesn’t mean that the prospect players aren’t as talented as many on the Rita roster.

I don't think they need to borrow anyone. Prospect's O-line is pretty darn good and they have very good size, averaging 6-foot-3 and 271 pounds. Also, one of Prospect's offensive linemen just got offered by Illinois.

Actually, it is their 5th string QB. But the starter, who is junior and getting some D-1 looks, may play.

Reactions: Queen4

I got a connection....

football.dailyherald.com

Click on Prospect.

Just remember how bad Mt. Carmel was supposed to beat Prospect back in 05. We all remember how that ended.

I don't think they need to borrow anyone. Prospect's O-line is pretty darn good and they have very good size, averaging 6-foot-3 and 271 pounds. Also, one of Prospect's offensive linemen just got offered by Illinois.

Actually, it is their 5th string QB. But the starter, who is junior and getting some D-1 looks, may play.
Now we're putting together some solid information.

He’s a Rice fake tough guy trying to passively aggressively bash Rita.

He’s a Rice fake tough guy trying to passively aggressively bash Rita.

Since grammar school, I haven't heard the phrase "fake tough guy."
But that's fine.
I feel a healthy Rita is the favorite versus the remaining three teams, including my Crusaders.

#1 preseason for a reason.

I have no connection other than to their head coach who I have known for sometime.

It doesn’t boil down to anything like that. We seem to get these posts every year around playoff time. Happened quite a bit with Lake Zurich in their hey day, prospect in the early 2000’s and others.

There is some deranged theory that some on the board subscribe to that the only good football is played in the CCL. That their players are far superior to everyone else’s no matter.

The CCL has earned the moniker of a league that plays great football but that doesn’t mean it’s the end all be all of football.

Asking which players from Prospect would start or play at Rita shows ignorance and disrespect to a program that is traditionally strong and coached by a guy with state title game chops.

Rita likely wins this game tomorrow and maybe pulls away in doing so, but that doesn’t mean that the prospect players aren’t as talented as many on the Rita roster.
Much of this stems from the fact that more Edgy posters are CCL grads than alums of other schools. The boys start blethering, and things run their natural course.

BTW, Pospect beat Mt Carmel some years back for a state title. My dental hygenist's son played for Prospect and I had to listen to a lot of baloney while my mouth was filled with dentist stuff.

For what it's worth, the answer is a few Prospect players could start on Rita. DL Ben Sahakian and NT Richard Sepelveda are real strong on Prospect's front 7 and OL Sam Tsagalis, recent Illini offer, would be a perfect opposite of Rita's Mizzou-bound Erickson. I think Sahakian goes both ways and has hit multiple field goals from distance in the playoffs too, unfortunately Rita's Talty gets the nod here, but he still looks like the most important player on Prospect's roster at this point besides WR/wildcat QB Owen Walter if the junior QB doesn't play. He could definitely help the Mustangs with WR depth behind Brown and Nwagwu.

Below is what the kids at Sr. Rita read in their sports weekly. I think it's very respectfully of Mount Prospect. Every team playing this time of the year deserves respect. In fact every kid playing football deserves respect whether they are on a 0-9 team or a 14-0 team. They put in more work over the year than almost any other sport.

To most readers here knows the bravado about how big a point spread will be or who has the best players comes from a team’s rivals. Stir the pot and create bulletin board material for the other team.

Good luck to all my CCL/ESCC brothers today - that includes the sand baggers and those who stir the pot alike!

"On Saturday, the Prospect Knights (10-2) will be making their first state semifinal appearance since 2005 when they won the IHSA Class 7A state championship by defeating the Mt. Carmel Caravan 20-14. The Knights have a proud football history winning three Class 7A state championships (2001, 2002, 2005) in the 20-year history of Class 7A football.

Head Coach Dan DeBoeuf (4th season) came to Prospect in 2018 after a successful stint at Johnsburg leading them to a (31-5) record in his three seasons at the helm including a 2016 Runner-Up finish in the IHSA Class 4A playoffs.

Prospect, a member of the Mid-Suburban Conference (East), began the season winning 7 of 8 games before dropping a 26-24 decision to conference rival Rolling Meadows in week nine. Their other defeat came in a week three non-conference 34-27 loss to (Wheaton) St. Francis.

The Knights are led on defense by senior all-state defensive linemen/kicker Ben Sahakian, who recently was offered by Cornell of the Ivy League. The offensive line is anchored by 3-year starting left tackle Sam Tsagalis (6'4" 264lbs) who has an offer to Illinois. Overall the Knights offensive line averages (6'2" 271lbs) with three seniors and two juniors in the starting lineup.

Prospect has had some injury problems at the quarterback position with junior starting quarterback Jack Covey missing the last few games with an apparent leg injury. His status for Saturday's game is still uncertain. The Knights also lost backup Brad Vierheisel in their second round win over Buffalo Grove and have since turned to former wide receiver Owen Walter under center who led Prospect to their 35-21 quarterfinal win over Jacobs.

The Knights advanced to Saturday's semifinal with a convincing 35-21 win over (Algonquin) Jacobs last Saturday night. Prospect jumped out to an early 15-0 lead less than a minute into the game on a 54-yard touchdown run by Matthew Raitano (15 carries, 107yds) and a Charlie Carroll fumble recovery for a touchdown on Jacobs' first play from scrimmage. Senior all-state kicker Ben Sahakian kicked two first half field goals to push the lead to 21-0 making it all but impossible for the run-orientated offense of Jacobs to come back.""

Below is what the kids at Sr. Rita read in their sports weekly. I think it's very respectfully of Mount Prospect. Every team playing this time of the year deserves respect. In fact every kid playing football deserves respect whether they are on a 0-9 team or a 14-0 team. They put in more work over the year than almost any other sport.

To most readers here knows the bravado about how big a point spread will be or who has the best players comes from a team’s rivals. Stir the pot and create bulletin board material for the other team.

Good luck to all my CCL/ESCC brothers today - that includes the sand baggers and those who stir the pot alike!

"On Saturday, the Prospect Knights (10-2) will be making their first state semifinal appearance since 2005 when they won the IHSA Class 7A state championship by defeating the Mt. Carmel Caravan 20-14. The Knights have a proud football history winning three Class 7A state championships (2001, 2002, 2005) in the 20-year history of Class 7A football.

Head Coach Dan DeBoeuf (4th season) came to Prospect in 2018 after a successful stint at Johnsburg leading them to a (31-5) record in his three seasons at the helm including a 2016 Runner-Up finish in the IHSA Class 4A playoffs.

Prospect, a member of the Mid-Suburban Conference (East), began the season winning 7 of 8 games before dropping a 26-24 decision to conference rival Rolling Meadows in week nine. Their other defeat came in a week three non-conference 34-27 loss to (Wheaton) St. Francis.

The Knights are led on defense by senior all-state defensive linemen/kicker Ben Sahakian, who recently was offered by Cornell of the Ivy League. The offensive line is anchored by 3-year starting left tackle Sam Tsagalis (6'4" 264lbs) who has an offer to Illinois. Overall the Knights offensive line averages (6'2" 271lbs) with three seniors and two juniors in the starting lineup.

Prospect has had some injury problems at the quarterback position with junior starting quarterback Jack Covey missing the last few games with an apparent leg injury. His status for Saturday's game is still uncertain. The Knights also lost backup Brad Vierheisel in their second round win over Buffalo Grove and have since turned to former wide receiver Owen Walter under center who led Prospect to their 35-21 quarterfinal win over Jacobs.

The Knights advanced to Saturday's semifinal with a convincing 35-21 win over (Algonquin) Jacobs last Saturday night. Prospect jumped out to an early 15-0 lead less than a minute into the game on a 54-yard touchdown run by Matthew Raitano (15 carries, 107yds) and a Charlie Carroll fumble recovery for a touchdown on Jacobs' first play from scrimmage. Senior all-state kicker Ben Sahakian kicked two first half field goals to push the lead to 21-0 making it all but impossible for the run-orientated offense of Jacobs to come back.""
Nice post.. I guess you can put me in the pot stirring group...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT