ADVERTISEMENT

St. Rita 27 St. Patrick 0 F

RockSoup

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2009
Rocks Recap:

QBs pretty much swapped series. So what do I know. But the comments from me regarding settling the QB situation wrapping up last week’s Benet thread was just my old belly scratching opinion, I’ll defer to the over a century experience of the St. Rita coaching staff. Both looked like they have improved in the areas they needed to improve. Michael Collins trucked over a couple players on his 30 yard TD run. Threw a couple of fantastic passes. Pass stat line would look better but for some drops. Jett Hilding ran a 60 or so yard keeper for a TD. So nice to see young players improve week to week

The RBs did their thing. DJ Stewart worked a lot in the 1st half and looked really good. My favorite play of his was the block he laid down on a Calvin Lee sweep. That was beautiful. I said a couple threads ago that there should be more DJ pancake blocks on film and uh yeah, more of that.
Ethan Middleton ran possessed to start the second half. Chunk play after chunk play looking smooth and fast until subs went in.
Solid line play. TLone, I almost got close to getting all the info on the OLine, once I confirm some things I’ll post more. Generally speaking, though, need more consistency. Some plays, fire off, low pad level, leverage and other plays standing up and pushing but I get it, there’s been players missing so that’s tough to come out looking like the beautiful violent ballet that is offensive line play.

Defense. Stout. Correct amperage. Seeing better coverage, communication in pass D. The pass D will be challenged all night next week. Shout out goes to James Kingsbury the Sophomore. Not really playing his natural position due to his older bros being there but man, week over week, he’s looking more natural out there. I thought he played real well tonight.
From a shout out to a call out. The Rock made his first mistake ever. I call myself out because in the Benet thread I gave Zack Clark the pick 6 but it was Key’andre White the Sophomore that got that chain. And Key is also really looking good week over week. Natural ability and football smarts for his age is a really great combination.

Special teams: I have to report it. The Edgy faithful know I’m a Homer but they know I also report honestly. There was a doink on a 42 yarder. Connor Talty’s perfect season so far missed by a couple of inches. Still cool to see the refs and other team watch him warm up before the game and at half time. Keep your head up 31. And Junior Ryan Mottl with a booming punt. Didn’t check up for him and went into the endzone but he’s been able to show his impressive leg the last couple of weeks

St. Pats lost their starting QB in the first series. Trever Wozny is a straight up baller. I can see them making some noise in the playoffs. St. Pat’s Student section made me laugh a couple of times, good energy.

Rocks first trip out to the LGP next week to meet the INP. Hopefully get invited to @godfthr53 skybox after a pub crawl with @epicbret @Irish LB @Snetsrak61 @NazDad @jwarigaku and any other Posse members I have forgotten. Til next week, peace

Rocks Recap:

QBs pretty much swapped series. So what do I know. But the comments from me regarding settling the QB situation wrapping up last week’s Benet thread was just my old belly scratching opinion, I’ll defer to the over a century experience of the St. Rita coaching staff. Both looked like they have improved in the areas they needed to improve. Michael Collins trucked over a couple players on his 30 yard TD run. Threw a couple of fantastic passes. Pass stat line would look better but for some drops. Jett Hilding ran a 60 or so yard keeper for a TD. So nice to see young players improve week to week

The RBs did their thing. DJ Stewart worked a lot in the 1st half and looked really good. My favorite play of his was the block he laid down on a Calvin Lee sweep. That was beautiful. I said a couple threads ago that there should be more DJ pancake blocks on film and uh yeah, more of that.
Ethan Middleton ran possessed to start the second half. Chunk play after chunk play looking smooth and fast until subs went in.
Solid line play. TLone, I almost got close to getting all the info on the OLine, once I confirm some things I’ll post more. Generally speaking, though, need more consistency. Some plays, fire off, low pad level, leverage and other plays standing up and pushing but I get it, there’s been players missing so that’s tough to come out looking like the beautiful violent ballet that is offensive line play.

Defense. Stout. Correct amperage. Seeing better coverage, communication in pass D. The pass D will be challenged all night next week. Shout out goes to James Kingsbury the Sophomore. Not really playing his natural position due to his older bros being there but man, week over week, he’s looking more natural out there. I thought he played real well tonight.
From a shout out to a call out. The Rock made his first mistake ever. I call myself out because in the Benet thread I gave Zack Clark the pick 6 but it was Key’andre White the Sophomore that got that chain. And Key is also really looking good week over week. Natural ability and football smarts for his age is a really great combination.

Special teams: I have to report it. The Edgy faithful know I’m a Homer but they know I also report honestly. There was a doink on a 42 yarder. Connor Talty’s perfect season so far missed by a couple of inches. Still cool to see the refs and other team watch him warm up before the game and at half time. Keep your head up 31. And Junior Ryan Mottl with a booming punt. Didn’t check up for him and went into the endzone but he’s been able to show his impressive leg the last couple of weeks

St. Pats lost their starting QB in the first series. Trever Wozny is a straight up baller. I can see them making some noise in the playoffs. St. Pat’s Student section made me laugh a couple of times, good energy.

Rocks first trip out to the LGP next week to meet the INP. Hopefully get invited to @godfthr53 skybox after a pub crawl with @epicbret @Irish LB @Snetsrak61 @NazDad @jwarigaku and any other Posse members I have forgotten. Til next week, peace
Guess I'm not invited on the crawl...

• Haha
Reactions: RockSoup
Rocks Recap:

As a referee, you ALWAYS have to pay attention to Rita’s kickers.

I’m hoping that’s a reference to how good they’ve been over the years and not because they have been a nefarious lot.😂

St. Rita has been so fortunate that Coach JJ Standring is the type of person he is and the type of coach he is. Yeah, I’ll admit I’m a Coach Standring fanboy.

Rocks Recap:

I thought it hit at the top of the pole, though. That kid has one strong leg!

I thought Collins had some nice throws that could've resulted in a very long gain and TD. Good to see him improving.

Middleton is taller than I thought. The Youtube view is very clear. Seems like every time he touches the ball, a potential 70 yard TD comes to mind--it's going to happen.

Love the announcers, but they made it sound like Rita is a true 7A school going against a 2a school. LOL.

Numbers are close to this, I believe: SR 515 and SP 465.

I hope SR does a Youtube or telecast type thing with their own announcers. Would be great for potential future Rita students.

Middleton is taller than I thought. The Youtube view is very clear. Seems like every time he touches the ball, a potential 70 yard TD comes to mind--it's going to happen

I hope SR does a Youtube or telecast type thing with their own announcers. Would be great for potential future Rita students.
On Middleton: yes he has size. That’s why I’m always careful with calling DJ the big back and E the slashing type back because it’s unfair to both. Both are quick, physical, fast, big RBs

On YouTube: Everything seems to be positive on 77th St and really sound decisions so I wouldn’t be surprised if they try to make the switch

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
I’m hoping that’s a reference to how good they’ve been over the years and not because they have been a nefarious lot.😂

St. Rita has been so fortunate that Coach JJ Standring is the type of person he is and the type of coach he is. Yeah, I’ll admit I’m a Coach Standring fanboy.
I’ll put it this way: sometimes you forget that you have a job to do.

I’ll put it this way: sometimes you forget that you have a job to do.
I remember St. Rita played Thornwood in 90 in the State Playoffs and watching Larsen warm up. The whole St. Rita crowd sounded like a crowd watching a fireworks show. Ooh….aah😂

Last edited:
I think the best show was Ryan Donahue at half time warming up at Marist. I sat on Marist side of the field. Marist parents sitting in front of me were in awe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT