ADVERTISEMENT

St. Charles North

Cross Bones

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2001
Let's discuss the juggernaut that are the North Stars. It is imperative that we not forget that this team was the conference Champs last year. The Conference Champs of a conference that had the 7A Champs as well as a team that was this close to knocking off the 8A Champs. That may be the biggest accomplishment of any team in state last year.

This team returns 16 starters including the best player I saw last season, player ratings and SEC commits be damned, I am talking about Tyler Nubin. Kid has a noticeable impact on offense and defense even going up against a more talented team.

We're talking about a team ranked #12 in the state coming off of an impressive week 1 win.

Former MS DC Rick Magsamen has been at SCN for s few years now. Looks like he has them in the right place.

Reactions: Cross Bones
Another great game this week. Da Brook vs St Chuck North.

Is it just me, or are there a ton more really interesting matchups this year than last year in the first couple weeks?

I say Brook handles them like they did last year! I’m not liking how the Dukane as a group looked in week 1. There might still be some rust to work through in week 2 for many of them?

Is it just me, or are there a ton more really interesting matchups this year than last year in the first couple weeks?

I say Brook handles them like they did last year! I’m not liking how the Dukane as a group looked in week 1. There might still be some rust to work through in week 2 for many of them?
I was a bit disappointed in the Dukane in Week 1 as well. Tough to draw too many conclusions, but the 7-point win by STN over Schaumburg was a bit underwhelming. Also, thought Batavia would handle Lemont much easier than they did. Meanwhile, the Brook took it to DGS in convincing fashion.

I was a bit disappointed in the Dukane in Week 1 as well. Tough to draw too many conclusions, but the 7-point win by STN over Schaumburg was a bit underwhelming. Also, thought Batavia would handle Lemont much easier than they did. Meanwhile, the Brook took it to DGS in convincing fashion.

Exactly! I’m hanging back a bit to see what happens - but on paper this should be one damn good Conference once Geneva and GBN bounce back from a dip this year and maybe even next year. I think LP and WN will get better once all their new starters get broken in. LP had nearly their entire starting 22 graduate. I think only 4 retuRning starters. Same with WN - they graduated half the damn team (literally) and most of the starters.

Young, very young for most of the Dukane teams. Need to see a couple more games out of each of them before the fan hand wringing should begin!!

Last year's game was a one touchdown game that went down to the waning minutes!
Schaumburg may end up being the #2 team in state! Same with Lemont.

This thread is to discuss how good St. Chuck North is. Shout out to @MS4EVER adding how coach Mags makes the SCN defense a force to be reckoned with!

Last edited:
Last year's game was a one touchdown game that went down to the waning minutes!

Schaumburg may end up being the #2 team in state! Same with Lemont.

This thread is to discuss how good St. Chuck North is. Shout out to @MS4EVER adding how coach Mags makes the SCN defense a force to be reckoned with!

SCE lost by 1 point against SCN last year because they chose to go for 2 rather than kick the tying extra point at home in the final minute. They gave the ball to Abe Swanson thinking he could pound it home but ended up getting bounced outside and he's not a running back so the cutback wasn't in his tool box. Got tackled on the 1/2 yard line. Not saying North isn't a great team. Just adding some perspective. SCE also lost by 1 TD to Batavia at Batavia. 7 to 0. They had a 53 yard TD called back for holding that happened away from the play. SCE lost a decent bunch of seniors including Swanson, Garlish, Isbell, Rodgers so last year doesn't mean much.

SCE lost by 1 point against SCN last year because they chose to go for 2 rather than kick the tying extra point at home in the final minute. They gave the ball to Abe Swanson thinking he could pound it home but ended up getting bounced outside and he's not a running back so the cutback wasn't in his tool box. Got tackled on the 1/2 yard line. Not saying North isn't a great team. Just adding some perspective. SCE also lost by 1 TD to Batavia at Batavia. 7 to 0. They had a 53 yard TD called back for holding that happened away from the play. SCE lost a decent bunch of seniors including Swanson, Garlish, Isbell, Rodgers so last year doesn't mean much.
Thanks for the perspective. The way I interpret this additional information is that SCN won because they made better overtime decisions. However, it was a very tight game and the top 3 in this conference was very tight and even, but SCN knew how to pull those out. Gotta commend them.

I would and do agree that was last year. The thing is the North Stars return 16 starters from that championship team. I think most the pollsters are sleep on them and need to wake up!

SCN’s QB is out for the season, big blow.

Yep. This isn't rumor mill, Edgy can confirm. He just posted on twitter that he tore his ACL. This after missing last season due to a severe shoulder injury.

Great talent. Some kids just can't get a break.

He's my son's training partner at QB and I've felt since I first saw him in 8th grade that he threw a beautiful ball and had a great future. Was beginning to garner some FCS levels.

Hate to hear about injuries. Especially two years in a row. I was concerned about our DL for the same reason. SCN is a good program, they'll put in a capable backup like they did last year and not skip a step.

Hate to hear about injuries. Especially two years in a row. I was concerned about our DL for the same reason. SCN is a good program, they'll put in a capable backup like they did last year and not skip a step.

Actually their backup is his younger brother. Outstanding athlete and likely MLB draft pick. Great arm, but obviously doesn’t have the experience especially in such a qb dependent offense. Think they will be good near the season end but a big ask this week.

Reactions: Cross Bones
The Throwing Browns of Saint Charles

Best to Peyton, and may the younger one hit a stride.

What did you think of the Brook's new QB?
That was one of the areas that I was nervous about after 7on7 but my concerns were eased some. I thought he did well especially considering it was his 1st varsity start. Health will be essential this year at all positions and we started out not healthy.

Thanks for the perspective. The way I interpret this additional information is that SCN won because they made better overtime decisions. However, it was a very tight game and the top 3 in this conference was very tight and even, but SCN knew how to pull those out. Gotta commend them.

I don't blame the coach for taking a shot at victory from a few yards out after you just scored a TD and your at home. Looking forward to the SCN vs SCE game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT