ADVERTISEMENT

Southwest Prairie

DNHTWINS

Sep 28, 2018
Guess this was the scenario they dreamed of when they separated the conferences? Don’t think it will ever work out like this again.

Reactions: MinookaFB_12
They split conference up which was silly how they did it. Now on one side you have 5 teams in, on other side you have 3 way tie and team with 4-5 record wins that side and 8 teams are in total.

8 of 12 teams in. And I sound like a broken record, but they play 5 division games and 4 crossovers, so how they split the teams into divisions doesn’t really matter.

They split conference up which was silly how they did it. Now on one side you have 5 teams in, on other side you have 3 way tie and team with 4-5 record wins that side and 8 teams are in total.

They split it up based on geography, east and west. So silly of them.

Reactions: Wolffan64
Any school west of Van Dyke Rd near Plainfield Central is in West. Plainfield South which is west of that were put into east because of the 7 schools west of Van Dyke Rd they are physically closer to the 5 schools east of Van Dyke Rd that are in the SPC East.

I'll never understand why it wasn't done like this.

Division 1
Joliet West
Joliet Central
West Aurora
Oswego
Oswego East
Romeoville

Division 2
Yorkville
Minooka
Plain S
Plain E
Plain C
Plain N

Division 1
Joliet West
Joliet Central
West Aurora
Oswego
Oswego East
Romeoville

Division 2
Yorkville
Minooka
Plain S
Plain E
Plain C
Plain N

Travel, Joliet Central to West Aurora is over 50 minutes on a good day let alone during rush hour on a weekday.

Division 1
Joliet West
Joliet Central
West Aurora
Oswego
Oswego East
Romeoville

Division 2
Yorkville
Minooka
Plain S
Plain E
Plain C
Plain N

Only thing I would've done different from what itis now is put Plainfield North in SPC East and Plainfield South in SPC West. It would've kept Battle for 119th and Ridge Rd Rivalry within divisions instead of crossover games.

Reactions: Gene K.
JC to anywhere except JW is pretty far. That's like saying DeKalb should be in one side of the DVC over the other if they had divisions

There were 3 options East/West how it is now. North/South Oswego's, Yorkville, West Aurora, PN and PE is north all others in South or by school population. Big Schools were Joliet's, Oswego's, Wear Aurora and Minooka I think. Others in Small schools division.

Oswego's and Joliet's wanted to be together. That wasn't an issue for Plainfield's.

Ultimately they chose the option with the least amount of travel for most schools.

Last edited:
There were 3 options East/West how it is now. North/South Oswego's, Yorkville, West Aurora, PN and PE is north all others in South or by school population. Big Schools were Joliet's, Oswego's, Wear Aurora and Minooka I think. Others in Small schools division.

Oswego's and Joliet's wanted to be together. That wasn't an issue for Plainfield's.
Joliet’s and Oswego’s are split up now.

Any school west of Van Dyke Rd near Plainfield Central is in West. Plainfield South which is west of that were put into east because of the 7 schools west of Van Dyke Rd they are physically closer to the 5 schools east of Van Dyke Rd that are in the SPC East.
If someone could explain how PLS was not in the West with Minooka in the East I would love to hear it.

Minooka drives past PLS to get to every game in thier division.

Reactions: Gene K.
If someone could explain how PLS was not in the West with Minooka in the East I would love to hear it.

There are kids who go to Minooka who literally live across the street from South

As I mentioned above all teams East of Van Dyke Rd. we're put in East. They needed a 6th PN, PS and Minooka all could have a case that made sense for them to be in East. PS was chosen because they are closer to the 5 schools who were put in East.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT