ADVERTISEMENT

SouthSide Sandwich Saturday 11/20

Doug Simpson

Nov 26, 2013
Prospect at St Rita 6pm
Maine Sout at Marist "The Battle for the Hawk" at 1pm
If gametime at 115th St goes well there should be about 2hrs to kill before heading to 7740 S Western. Looking for food suggestions, possibly burrito recommendations.
I'm thinking Bartolinis; highly under-rated with some incredible sandwiches. They have a secret sandwich (not on menu) that constitutes of Italian beef with chopped meatball served on a panini, with gardenia and mozzarella. Those who know of this sandwich know how to order properly.

Let the discussions begin

Their meatball samiches are legendary. But closer to SR you can stop at Barracos on 111th. Under rated pie is Tata’s on 111th and whipple but that is take out only . If you got time to kill head down to 84rh and Pulaski to get Vito and Nicks. Thats stepping back In Time to 1960 but we’ll worth it. For a good quick stop there is Jansens on 99 and western. If in a hurry you can grab Mr sub at 105th and western. For sit down you have open outcry or horse thief hollow also on western. Oh and Joeys red hots at 115th and western. My daughter loves the dogs there.

Their meatball samiches are legendary. But closer to SR you can stop at Barracos on 111th. Under rated pie is Tata’s on 111th and whipple but that is take out only . If you got time to kill head down to 84rh and Pulaski to get Vito and Nicks. Thats stepping back In Time to 1960 but we’ll worth it. For a good quick stop there is Jansens on 99 and western. If in a hurry you can grab Mr sub at 105th and western. For sit down you have open outcry or horse thief hollow also on western. Oh and Joeys red hots at 115th and western. My daughter loves the dogs there.
Only add ons would be Rosangelas on 95th for sit down pizza and Milanos on western
For pickup pizza. Great list here tho.

Reactions: johnndoe and sr1991
Birdies next door to Reilly’s just opened. 111th and Pulaski. Great food and atmosphere

My sandwich recommendations. For all of those travelling this weekend to the southside. Stop by Pops on 103rd and Kedzie and build yourself a base for tailgating. I recommend the combo, double cheese burger or steak sandwich. If you have time and really go all out, buy your provisions at S&T provisions on 111th street just East of Pulaski. Heat it all up and w a cold beer. Cannot be beat. If your team wins, drive home safely and keep it to yourself. If however your team loses, please go immediately to the Rosie's drive-thru on 103rd and Cicero. Order a Gyro plate and eat carefully as you drive home, thinking the whole time "who stinks more? me or my team! "

Reactions: sr1991 and MC2023
They still brewing that "6410" beer ther

My sandwich recommendations. For all of those travelling this weekend to the southside. Stop by Pops on 103rd and Kedzie and build yourself a base for tailgating. I recommend the combo, double cheese burger or steak sandwich. If you have time and really go all out, buy your provisions at S&T provisions on 111th street just East of Pulaski. Heat it all up and w a cold beer. Cannot be beat. If your team wins, drive home safely and keep it to yourself. If however your team loses, please go immediately to the Rosie's drive-thru on 103rd and Cicero. Order a Gyro plate and eat carefully as you drive home, thinking the whole time "who stinks more? me or my team! "
Just had Rosie's right after MC BR

Reactions: BornNRazed
111th Western south east corner has Manzos for Burgers, northwest corner has Americanos for Mexican, south west corner McNallys for drinks and atmosphere.
Or head a little north to 106th and Western for Cork and Kerry for drinks and atmosphere.
I wish you a Happy South Side Semifinal Saturday

Made the same mistake w two Babes Dogs outside Joliet Memorial Stadium. Pan of vinegar might work otherwise 1-800-Cars for Kids.

• Haha
Reactions: RockSoup
Looking for a good bar on the southside, other than Bourbon St, to watch the State Finals. Any suggestions ?

I'm good with all those locations (your list is a about a 5 mile radius), but I get your point.

First, they have to televise the games.
Second, I like craft beers.
Third, decent food. Pizza would be a plus.

Probably doesn't narrow the selection too much. I have not lived in the area for a few years, that's why I'm interested in what others might suggest.

If you want a good steak, try Ken's on Western (10522). You can get a 22 oz. NY Strip for $39. By comparison, a smaller 19 oz. NY Strip would cost you $75 at Gibson's on Rush St.

Reactions: MC2023
I'm good with all those locations (your list is a about a 5 mile radius), but I get your point.

Probably doesn't narrow the selection too much. I have not lived in the area for a few years, that's why I'm interested in what others might suggest.
Horse Thief and/or Open Outcry on Western are "breweries" with good craft beer both have good food but Horse Thief is probably better.
Barracos on 111th is good but not sure what their craft beer selection is.

Reactions: SteelGimlet

McNallys. Hear me out.

1) The most important part will be having the games on. They know what day Saturday is so they will have the games on with other TVs having the college rivalry games. St. Rita’s tailgating bus is leaving from there at noon so you know they’ll have the 5A Fenwick game on and that’ll stay on the rest of the day. Other places, you may have to ask to put it on, then they’ll ask where can they find it, then they’ll say sorry we have directtv and no antenna for the U or whatever channel it’s on. So at least at McNallys, 1) is taken care of.
2) Other places near there have more/better craft beer selections.
3) No food but any food can be delivered in from Manzos (burgers), Americanos (Mexican) or any of the surrounding pizza places.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT