ADVERTISEMENT

So Who's #1? And why?

The one thing I saw in the 8a game.is the BR QB was limping around the whole game and could not run with the football which I thought was vital to Rice's success.

Still LA played awesome but had a few bad games during the season.

So I believe Naz is #1

Reactions: Gene K.
The one thing I saw in the 8a game.is the BR QB was limping around the whole game and could not run with the football which I thought was vital to Rice's success.

Still LA played awesome but had a few bad games during the season.

So I believe Naz is #1
And I believe you seen both live correct?

Eliminate losses please....its 1) Loyola 2) Naz 3)LWE 4)RICE 5) Cary

Can't argue with LA dominance in the big class these last few weeks.

Eliminate losses please....its 1) Loyola 2) Naz 3)LWE 4)RICE 5) Cary

Can't argue with LA dominance in the big class these last few weeks.

You can't just eliminate the losses. They are part of the season. If you want to eliminate the loses, I'll say JCA is #1. They just beat the team who beat the team you claim is #1

If some are going to LWE is still in the top, I'm surprised Montini isn't being mentioned. Up 21-7 before the QB goes down. Sounds to me that a HEALTHY Montini team can beat any of these teams.. Down 21-0 at half to the 8a champs and won 28-21....

Last edited:
If some are going to LWE is still in the top, I'm surprised Montini isn't being mentioned. Up 21-7 before the QB goes down. Sounds to me that a HEALTHY Montini team can beat any of these teams.. Down 21-0 at half to the 8a champs and won 28-21....

The Loyola that played Montini week 6 isn’t the same Loyola that won 8A. Also got handled by rice. Nothing against Montini, great program, lots of talent, just don’t see them in this conversation.

The Loyola that played Montini week 6 isn’t the same Loyola that won 8A. Also got handled by rice. Nothing against Montini, great program, lots of talent, just don’t see them in this conversation.

I don't either but if your we are going to give votes to a team that didn't make the finals, then we need to consider a team that beat the 8A champs.. Just saying.....

All of this,,if the bear wouldn't of stopped to take a dump he would of caught the rabbit.

LOYOLA. Was by far the best coached,hard nosed disciplined kids,great tradition.

All of this,,if the bear wouldn't of stopped to take a dump he would of caught the rabbit.

LOYOLA. Was by far the best coached,hard nosed disciplined kids,great tradition.

Who lost three games. Most of the schools that played yesterday were well coached, hard nosed disciplined kids with great tradition. That's why they were playing week 14

1-Loyola
2- Brother Rice
3 - LWE
4 - Naz
5 - CG

No way to put anyone from 7A (Naz) above any 8A team after seeing what Marist did to them. They are good, but not better than those top teams.

IC beat JCA
JCA beat Montini
Montini beat LA

then IC should be ranked over LA

---

Every team has one bad game. LA had 3 of them.

Naz is clearly #1 with great wins over Batavia and SCN.

Naz is playing up 2 classes over its original enrollment level something LA will never do.

Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
Naz is clearly #1 with great wins over Batavia and SCN.

Naz is playing up 2 classes over its original enrollment level something LA will never do.

In my opinion - LAs wins over MS, LWE, BR are far more impressive than wins over Batavia and STCN.

Also - How does playing up two classes have any bearing on an ALL Class statewide ranking?

Voodoo,

Loyola also lost by 32 points to BR with a healthy QB. They also lost to MC and Montini.

I even made a case LA should not be ranked above IC.

No team with 3 losses should be ranked #1 overall.

All I can say is I have seen both teams and would take Naz over LA in head to head competition.

Reactions: USD24
Voodoo,

Loyola also lost by 32 points to BR with a healthy QB. They also lost to MC and Montini.

I even made a case LA should not be ranked above IC.

No team with 3 losses should be ranked #1 overall.

All I can say is I have seen both teams and would take Naz over LA in head to head competition.

That’s fair

Just didn’t think the playing up two classes should be a key component in their case for number one and the “who they beat” would favor LA in my opinion and doesn’t help Naz’s case for #1.

Based off what I saw Naz has recruited players that are better than the majority of 8A schools.

Why don’t they petition to play 8A next year?

This whole argument is goofy. It’s like determining who the tallest person is in my family. My younger son is taller than me but he shouldn’t be because he’s only 14. I’m taller than my daughter but she’s 12 and that makes sense. Does it really matter who’s number one over all classes? Thanks for mentioning CG in the top 5, I guess. I’m sure the boys who played a hell of game yesterday aren’t wondering which schools they should ranked above. Going 14-0 is an incredible accomplishment.

HS football,

LA and ND are practically the only private schools on the north side of Chicago.

They don't have to compete for kids like all the private schools in the western burbs.

LA also has around 2000 students walking down the hallways. It should be easy to find talented kids walking in your hallway to come out for football at LA.

Reactions: ThunderPapa
In my opinion - LAs wins over MS, LWE, BR are far more impressive than wins over Batavia and STCN.

Also - How does playing up two classes have any bearing on an ALL Class statewide ranking?
If they didn't have 3 regular season losses though they wouldnt need to play such high seeded teams.

Reactions: epicbret
If they didn't have 3 regular season losses though they wouldnt need to play such high seeded teams.

This is true. Plus there weren’t a lot of major upsets past round one in 8A so most seeds held serve to put all those top seeds in LAs path.

I’m not arguing for or against - but if I was making a case for NAZ I would use wassups (and all of us who watched the 7A title game) eyeball test, plus their strong non con game wins and their run thru the ESCC with just one stumble/bad game while missing some starters due to injury etc.

Last edited:
I suppose it could/should be Naz because if the overall season they had... but if Naz was playing Loyola next week, I’d put my money on LA.

Reactions: Cross Bones
HS football,

LA and ND are practically the only private schools on the north side of Chicago.

They don't have to compete for kids like all the private schools in the western burbs.

LA also has around 2000 students walking down the hallways. It should be easy to find talented kids walking in your hallway to come out for football at LA.

Among football playing private schools, LA routinely competes for students with NDCP, Viator, Carmel, Pat's, De Paul Prep, Guerin, Ignatius and Fenwick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
You can throw out the records, who you played, who you lost to, who you beat, it doesn't matter. JCA has a lot to play for and are on a roll. In my mind this game is a toss-up. Like the man said, JCA is playing with house money and have nothing to lose and will be playing to win.

Prior to the JCA-Montini I said the above. Insert Loyola for JCA, look at who they beat to get to the championship game and you have to go with Loyola as No.1.

[QUOTE="refref01, post: 187595, member: 5807"

Still hate how home field works in IHSA and how it penalizes teams. It's the reason LWE lost.[/QUOTE]

Your team played poorly. Home field didn't make any real difference. You should be embarrassed to post something this juvenile.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT