ADVERTISEMENT

So Who's #1? And why?

Nazareth

Because Naz Naz Naz Naz Posse Naz Naz. Posse Naz Naz Naz, Naz Naz, Naz.

Naz.

For real tho I think they have the best offense and defense in the state and beat anyone in the state on a neutral site next week. IDC about Marist months ago. This team right now is on fire.

LWE
LA
Rice
Naz
CG

Still hate how home field works in IHSA and how it penalizes teams. It's the reason LWE lost.

Reactions: jcrewx7
How can anyone possibly pick anyone else besides LOYOLA,
P.s. Comparative scores are meaning less.

Reactions: spinbaby
LWE
LA
Rice
Naz
CG

Still hate how home field works in IHSA and how it penalizes teams. It's the reason LWE lost.

giphy.gif

Naz - I just believe that they are the most unbeatable team right now (when it counts).
Loyola a very close #2 (similar reasons)

Reactions: Gene K.
LA hands down. It’s 8A football. I don’t believe any other team team has beat the one, two, and three seeded teams on their way to a Class 8A State Championship! They were not just the better team when they shut out Oswego, they weren’t just the better team when they shut out MS, they weren’t just the better team when they rocked LWE, and they were the best team in the state last night when they held BR! That’s why! Props to all the teams left behind it was an exciting season for HS FB!

Reactions: Relist8 and Bowie50
As a JCA guy, I wouldn't want to take on either one of these beasts right now.

Grats to both LA and Naz on great seasons and fighting for the mythical #1 ranking.

Depends on the question. Who had the best season or who is playing the best right now.

Hard to argue against LA right now, but I don't think anyone would argue against Naz having the better 14 weeks between the two.

But why not Forreston?

Let's hear it.

So who should be the final #1 ranked team in Chicagoland for the 2018 IHSA football season....and why.

Loyola.

Why? Because last week they were your #3, and they beat your #1. The week before that, they beat your then #1. Naz was your #2 last week, and they beat your #7.

Reactions: spinbaby
This reminds me of the old New Years Day drama before the Bowl Championship Series. It was fun debating who was number one. I loved cheering on underdogs in different bowls in hopes that your team would climb the final polls.

Naz lost to Marist....Rice beat Marist twice

I think LWE is the best team in the state. The fact they had to go to Loyola i take into account.

Its an opinion thats all.

I’m going to offer two sets of rankings.

Rankings from playoffs round One to end of state championship game (rankings based on the 5 playoff games)
1. LA
2. Naz
3. BR
4. CG
5. IC

Season long rankings (who I think the best teams are thru the entire season)
1. Tie BR/LWE
3. Marist
4. NAZ
5. CG

What a shitshow for trying to do a final year end ranking:)

Loyola.

Why? Because last week they were your #3, and they beat your #1. The week before that, they beat your then #1. Naz was your #2 last week, and they beat your #7.
If it's based on achievement, agree with Ramblin above. The Ramblers' path was unmatched in beating MS, LWE and BR in successive weeks.

If it's based on the "eye test", it's Naz hands-down. No one this weekend had the collection of athletes (size and speed) and playmakers that the Roadrunners possessed. Also, if it's true they were missing 5 starters against Marist, it does provide some explanation for the loss. Okay, I'm done talking up Naz. It just feels wrong. :cool:

BTW....Simeon must have been awfully good.

If it's based on achievement, agree with Ramblin above. The Ramblers' path was unmatched in beating MS, LWE and BR in successive weeks.

If it's based on the "eye test", it's Naz hands-down. No one this weekend had the collection of athletes (size and speed) and playmakers that the Roadrunners possessed. Also, if it's true they were missing 5 starters against Marist, it does provide some explanation for the loss. Okay, I'm done talking up Naz. It just feels wrong. :cool:

BTW....Simeon must have been awfully good.
I have Simeon at #2

Loyola.

Why not? Because they had 3 losses. Including 1 to the 5a runner up who lost to JCA which Naz clocked. Or cause they lost to Mt C who lost to 7a runner up who Naz manhandled? Why not? There ya go

Absolutely they are.

I’d love to see it. Naz allowed 10 pts to SCN yesterday. LA gave up 15 points in the last 8 weeks of the season. LA defense vs Naz offense would be great, but given LA shutting down top tier offenses the past 4 weeks, I’d give it to Loyola. They are #1 State Champs!

Why not? Because they had 3 losses. Including 1 to the 5a runner up who lost to JCA which Naz clocked. Or cause they lost to Mt C who lost to 7a runner up who Naz manhandled? Why not? There ya go

How many previously undefeated 8A number ones did Naz beat? How did Naz fare against the only 8A team it faced this year? There ya go.

LWE
LA
Rice
Naz
CG

East lost because they did not adjust well at had to what LA was doing. LA had their left tackle looping on a stunt around right end...and when not doing that, ends crashed down on the East "option" run...which never materialized/exercised that option. Where they played had little to do with the outcome (and I am an East backer).

Reactions: Bowie50
I think the question you have to ask yourself if you played it out with your state winners right now, who do you think would win.

I’d love to see it. Naz allowed 10 pts to SCN yesterday. LA gave up 15 points in the last 8 weeks of the season. LA defense vs Naz offense would be great, but given LA shutting down top tier offenses the past 4 weeks, I’d give it to Loyola. They are #1 State Champs!
That's swell.

How many previously undefeated 8A number ones did Naz beat? How did Naz fare against the only 8A team it faced this year? There ya go.
But you lost to a 5a school, a very average 6a school took you to OT, and lost to a 7a team. LA may have been lights out weeks 10-14 but no 3 loss team is the top of any poll.

This is a tough one, but given the season record I would go with Naz over Loyola. However, given the way Loyola's defense played the last part of the season, I would go with Loyola over Naz.

Reactions: Wassup13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT