ADVERTISEMENT

So who is the favorite this weekend?

SOUTHSIDECFD

Oct 1, 2009
Illinois High School Association’s bass fishing finals are Friday, May 21, and Saturday, May 22, at Carlyle Lake.

Who is the favorite?

Which teams are multiplied?

Feeto's upset special?

Big decision in the late afternoon - eat the bowie bar for energy or use it for bait?

• Haha
Reactions: Bowie50 and go_rice
They may be the front runners going in. But this is Taft's seventh year at state, second straight time qualifying both boats!!! Plus with the CTU at CPS taking the last year off they have had more time in then anyone else.
I just know Minooka has a lot of banners for bass fishing in their gym. Is the team from Carlyle any good?

As you all know, I'm a huge fan of the Griffins of Fr. McGivney High in Glen Carbon. Coach Jeff Jones has the boats fueled up, ice in the bucket, lures, lines ... everything ready. McGivney founded the Knights of Columbus - and, well, if anyone knows their way around a fish fry better I sure haven't met them. Plus, most of the folks down there have the ichthys/Jesus fish sticker on their car.
LOAVES AND FISH, LOAVES AND FISH, LET'S GO GRIFFS!!! WOOOOO!!!

Illinois High School Association’s bass fishing finals are Friday, May 21, and Saturday, May 22, at Carlyle Lake.

Who is the favorite?

Feeto's upset special?

Big decision in the late afternoon - eat the bowie bar for energy or use it for bait?

All.... That's right! I forgot all privates have to subtract 1.65% weight off of all fish caught. Ratsy

Who is the favorite?

Feeto's upset special?

If the fish takes the bait and doesn't get hooked, do they come back bigger and stronger? Will they be a 4 star prospect?

• Haha
Reactions: Bowie50
I had no idea Minooka was actually number 1, I just noticed all their banners while the people behind me were making fun of them.

They may be the front runners going in. But this is Taft's seventh year at state, second straight time qualifying both boats!!! Plus with the CTU at CPS taking the last year off they have had more time in then anyone else
I don't know anything about IHSA Bass Fishing. I do know that if this competition started on a Thursday afternoon., Taft is easily a state championship contender! CPL!! CPL!! CPL!!

The REAL gold standard is Dale Bowman.

Here is his take:

Each year, this program cranks out master baiters!

Highland was at state eight times - 11 teams placing with two winners and twice being the runners up. So advanced they are, required training in Canada during the summer and some even participate in the vaunted Winter Ice Season.

They may be the front runners going in. But this is Taft's seventh year at state, second straight time qualifying both boats!!! Plus with the CTU at CPS taking the last year off they have had more time in then anyone else.
A CPL team that fishes? And it starts on Thursday?!?! Have you ever seen an eagle catch a fish? This is OVA! Give me the CPL team!

Bass Fishing State Final Results — 2020-21​

Team Results
Friday
Saturday
Total
SchoolAnglers
Fish
Weight
Fish
Weight
Weight
Rank
Moline (H.S.)Bennett Glessner, Dustin Goderis, Elijah Medina57 2/16513 1/1620 3/161
ChristopherKye Garver, Dylan Holden512 13/1636 3/16192
AntiochKyle Anderson, Tucker Siminak56 13/1659 12/1616 9/163
Port Byron (Riverdale)Michael Benoit, Evan Verbeckmoes, Brennan Franklin, Landon Dalaska44 12/1659 8/1614 4/164
HighlandEvan Sutton, Logan Oestringer, Reid Koisher56 8/1657 8/16145
MurphysboroTucker Horstman, Gage Boucher49 5/1634 9/1613 14/166
Orland Park (Sandburg)Szymon Piton, Cris Slechta56 3/165713 3/167
Braidwood (Reed-Custer)Eddie Gad, Blake Gad3459 2/1613 2/168
Carbondale (H.S.) #1Jayden Snyder23 10/163912 10/169
MinookaHunter Petrovic, Andrew Kay, Jack Sergeant, Hayden Host58 11/1633 4/1611 15/1610
Decatur (St. Teresa)Maxwell Trotter, Elliott Trotter25 10/1634 9/1610 3/1611

Big Bass
Angler
School
Weight
FridayKye GarverChristopher
5 1/16​
SaturdayGunner KibortBradley (B.-Bourbonnais)
6 3/16

Unified Competition Results
Friday
Saturday
Total
Fish
Weight
Fish
Weight
Weight
Rank
Orland Park (Sandburg)
1​
1 3/16​
1 3/16​
1​
Chatham (Glenwood) #1
0​
0​
2​

Unified Competition Big Bass
Angler
School
Weight
FridayConnor RichardsOrland Park (Sandburg)
1 3/16​
Saturday----
--​

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT