ADVERTISEMENT

So who is the 2021 IHSA Football Player of the Year?

Pure talent and playmaker? LB3. MVP for finals? I’ll throw in Hissong or Jordan Anderson.
Agree with the above. LB3 is clearly the best player based on talent and ability. In fact, I'd say he's the best player I've seen in IL since Laquon Treadwell.

Hissong and Anderson had huge impacts on each team's victory this weekend. Anderson's status as POY was hurt by him missing a number of games due to injury. There have been few players I've enjoyed watching more than Hissong in recent memory. Tough and gritty player, but also very talented. He was the most important cog, along with the QB, in CG's well oiled machine.

Burden from EStL was the player of the year.

Back in this thread in July I said Mark Forcucci from Wheaton North would win it and obviously he doesn’t have the numbers since number since they don’t throw the ball 30 times a game but he was a clutch as any player I’ve seen in a long time.

Interesting to see Jack Lausch has left the conversation. Anyone who watched the MC/BR game in the quarter finals followed by his performance against WN in the semis where Lausch was severely limited had to see how dominant one Jack Lausch truly is. He limped into to the game on one leg and still threw for over 300 yards against the eventual state Champ. LB3 is a remarkable talent and I’m probably a bit biased for the CCL guy……. Have to go with Jack Lausch. Kid is just a game changer when he’s healthy, almost as much when he’s not.

One thing for sure, WN should send Owen Shickell a very large Christmas fruit basket this year. Not so sure WN gets past a healthy BR team. That injury made it pretty easy for WN to defend Lausch. And he still threw for over 300 yards when everyone knew he couldn’t run with it.

Interesting to see Jack Lausch has left the conversation. Anyone who watched the MC/BR game in the quarter finals followed by his performance against WN in the semis where Lausch was severely limited had to see how dominant one Jack Lausch truly is. He limped into to the game on one leg and still threw for over 300 yards against the eventual state Champ. LB3 is a remarkable talent and I’m probably a bit biased for the CCL guy……. Have to go with Jack Lausch. Kid is just a game changer when he’s healthy, almost as much when he’s not.

One thing for sure, WN should send Owen Shickell a very large Christmas fruit basket this year. Not so sure WN gets past a healthy BR team. That injury made it pretty easy for WN to defend Lausch. And he still threw for over 300 yards when everyone knew he couldn’t run with it.
When you build your entire team around one player its the risk you run, BR was dependent on him to win games since they couldn't stop anyone on defense and the offense lacked a running game. Without him running for 200 yards against MC it doesn't matter if he is banged up in semi finals since they would have lost in the quarterfinals, I've been around this board long enough to know CCL teams never lose in the playoffs they are only not healthy.

When you build your entire team around one player its the risk you run, BR was dependent on him to win games since they couldn't stop anyone on defense and the offense lacked a running game. Without him running for 200 yards against MC it doesn't matter if he is banged up in semi finals since they would have lost in the quarterfinals,
I’d hardly say the entire team was “built around him” because 1 player makes such a difference. BR had plenty on offense. Vaughn the running back was one of the top in the state coming into BR this fall. I’d hardly say they didn’t have a quality run game. I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. This should be about the kids my apologies for getting off track, again.

There is no question the most impactful / best / MVP player this year is LB3. The most impressive stat I heard about him came from Edgytim when it was stated that LB3 had only 3 punt returns NOT returned for a TD this year!!! Lausch is MVP of CCL and is on a dynamic team that wasn‘t 100% vs WN, but WN also had key injuries (top OL out, and 2X all conf RB trying to play on 1/2 leg). Best Team won.

There is no question the most impactful / best / MVP player this year is LB3. The most impressive stat I heard about him came from Edgytim when it was stated that LB3 had only 3 punt returns NOT returned for a TD this year!!! Lausch is MVP of CCL and is on a dynamic team that wasn‘t 100% vs WN, but WN also had key injuries (top OL out, and 2X all conf RB trying to play on 1/2 leg). Best Team won.
That’s impressive. Curious as to how many punts he fielded yesterday? If any?

Lol we could have scored 60 on BR.

ESL would still have done remarkably well without Burden. BR would have gone 5-4 without Lausch with their defense. Give it to Jack! Plus his final stats are remarkable. Pass for over 2,000, run for over 1,000, countless TDs....and they played him at Safety when needed.

ESL would still have done remarkably well without Burden. BR would have gone 5-4 without Lausch with their defense. Give it to Jack! Plus his final stats are remarkable. Pass for over 2,000, run for over 1,000, countless TDs....and they played him at Safety when needed.
Edgy stated most valuable to team is not what he's considering.

Burden from EStL was the player of the year.

Back in this thread in July I said Mark Forcucci from Wheaton North would win it and obviously he doesn’t have the numbers since number since they don’t throw the ball 30 times a game but he was a clutch as any player I’ve seen in a long time.

Great prediction Clown. Now that the season is complete, it has to be Forcucci from Wheaton North. If anyone watched the state championship games, he was clearly the best QB that played last weekend and showed that he was a premier QB in the state. My opinion is Focucci gets the nod over Burden since he led Wheaton North by dominating St. Rita for the championship and throwing for 2 TD's and 300+ yards. Winning the state title has to be a major consideration in the voting. Without him, they probably don't make playoffs since they had lost their stud RB Maaske earlier in the season.

Great prediction Clown. Now that the season is complete, it has to be Forcucci from Wheaton North. If anyone watched the state championship games, he was clearly the best QB that played last weekend and showed that he was a premier QB in the state.
I would still go Burden, but I agree with your overall sentiment regarding Forcucci. I had no idea how good he was until I saw him in the championship game. Very accurate passer, poised and a good athlete. I thought he was the best QB I saw this weekend too. Burden's talent is just too good to ignore, though.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT