ADVERTISEMENT

So who is still looking for week one and two?

mc140

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
A lot of the teams posted on IHSFCA have already found games. Who is left?

I might venture a guess that Guerin's opponents for Weeks 1 & 2 might not have filled their open dates yet.

Chances are those kids aren’t going to a public school
Guerin likely had a low tuition relative to the privates surrounding it, unless aid at the receiving is increased to where the parental contribution would remain roughly the same, they probably are headed to public.

I would think ICCP would also benefit in terms of transfers...the distance between them and the Guerin campus is similar to the Montini to St. Joe distance and their tuition hasn't reached the teen-thousands yet.

Last edited:
Guerin likely had a low tuition relative to the privates surrounding it, unless aid is increased to where the parental contribution would remain roughly the same.
I would think ICCP would also benefit in terms of transfers...the distance between them and the Guerin campus is similar to the Montini to St. Joe distance and their tuition hasn't reached the teen-thousands yet.
Are there players in that group that are capable of helping a team of that level?

Guerin tuition was $11,900 this year.

Not many kids from River Grove actually go there and went there. They usually head off to East Leyden as other have stated.

I dont see Walther getting a lot of those kids as I'm not sure how deep the recruiting ties were in Melrose Park/Maywood, but I could be wrong. I'm not as connected with the past coaching staff as I was with their predecessor.

I'd expect Trinity, St.Patrick, Elmwood Park, and various CPS schools to pick up the students as free agents.

Guerin likely had a low tuition relative to the privates surrounding it, unless aid at the receiving is increased to where the parental contribution would remain roughly the same, they probably are headed to public.

A huge issue was the financial aid they were offering students. They needed 1.5 million to cover the students for this year and only raised somewhere around 900,000.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT