ADVERTISEMENT

So who are your 2015 Teams to Watch?

JCA had a pretty good crop of juniors this year they'll be back. SHG while losing their QB still has impact players

Hinsdale South. With 5 juniors all conf, 6 starters on offense and 5 - 6 on D who started at some point on a team that made it to 6A qtr finals.

The rumor mill up in Lake County is that LZ has a sophomore class (juniors in 2015) on par with the LZ class that went downstate two years in a row in 2006-2007. Ben Klett is projected to be an All-State RB-LB as a senior in 2015. Talk is cheap though--I guess we'll see . . .

Line and linebackers departing is HUGE, but Nazareth still has enough skill where it can burn teams to compete next season.

Great WR talent returns, Love, Ivory and more to follow at RB. QB returning is experienced, and I really like the overall potential of the SO. DL still has some college level talent with Dunn (wait til that SOPH film hits college coaches) and Pendy (he's still a huge talent), with Kids like the younger Behrendt who can still work at it and develop into great HS players. DB is a mixed bag, KJ and Flach departing is huge. Flach was DPOG in Champaign IMO.

Guys will likely move around to fill some of the OL holes, or at least to the best they can after what has to be one of the more talented lines at any HS in IL over the last 25 years.

As for LB, Racki breeds them, and the talent is there at the lower levels, including IMO the SO QB.

Basically, Nazareth loses the best line in school history, one of the best I can recall in the last 25 years, as well as a 2000 yard record setting rusher and LB, A FBS LB, DT and DB/WR, and two of the toughest little SOBs the program has ever spawned... but there is still enough talent on the DL and skill positions for a solid playoff run 2015. Julian Love is a 2015 POY frontrunner, and should have double digit DB offers in the next 3 months IMO. Likewise, Dunn is one of the best DL talents in the state on the interior, and is a great, great, great kid (who looks older than me).

MC has 14 returning starters from this seasons semi-finals team. Every skill position is coming back, and 3 linebackers.

Epic....no doubt Naz has top-end talent returning. Are you concerned about their numbers next year, though? In looking at the roster on the IHSA website, they had 14 juniors and 12 sophs. returning. I believe the 12 sophs. are the total in the program, since they did not have a soph. team. Is that correct? If so, 26 upper classmen next year is an awfully low number.

In short, no, numbers do not concern me. I fully expect a monster FR class.

Epic,

I expect to see a bunch of hallway recruits show up in the summer as well! There is talent walking the hallways that is currently untapped, not that it wasn't tried, but perhaps with a new state title and the "Family" atmosphere around the school more will come out to try.

Glenbard West returns 5 OL to block for Brodner and 3 LBs with plenty of Sophs stepping up from back to back undefeated seasons. QB will continue trend of Sr QBs doing the one and done route but he has shown a nice touch and a cool head in his prior years. DL will be biggest question mark as DBs appear to be reloading.

pretty sure Simeon brings key people back from their semi-finalist who was right with H-F (the probable #1 next year)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT