ADVERTISEMENT

So which 1-4 teams still have a chance?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Just a quick look at several of the 1-4 teams entering into Week 6 action and trying to determine which ones have a shot at getting to 5 wins.

Marist- The remainder of the regular season schedule for the Redhawks is still strong including this week hosting JCA, then remaining games against NND ST Pats and DeLaSalle. This week hosting JCA is in my mind a critical but if Marist can get a win here...they have a decent shot at 5-4.

Nazareth Academy- Another CCL team with some quality teams still ahead of them.....but has anyone been as tested and has just come up short than the Road Runners this season? Next up is Fenwick followed by Rice, Marian Catholic and St. Francis with zero easy games remaining. I can see Naz getting it done and I can just as easily see them get knocked out here as well. If any at large teams at 4-5 can get into the playoff field, Naz has to be one of those teams I would guess.

New Trier- The Trevians played a very strong non conference and crossover schedule and with it's remaining schedule in Evanston. Glenbrook North, Glenbrook South and Deerfield remaining...I would not count out the Trevians just yet.

Glenbrook South_ See above...except that the Titans still has to play power Maine South and things get a bit murkier.

Rolling Meadows- With Hersey and BG still remaining....it doesn't look great for Rolling Meadows Grandma's team.

Fremd- I also don't feel great about the Vikes chances with Palatine and HE remaining

Lakes- Wauconda is still remaining....and it's just weird seeing Lakes in this position.

Grayslake North- See above...and the Knights still have Wauconda to play as well.

TF South- Both Tinley Park and Hillcrest remain....yet something tells me TFS isn't quite done just yet.

Shepard- If the Astros offense can get on track.....maybe.

Plainfield East- Joliet West remains the biggest test for the Bengals on the schedule.....beat the Tigers and I can see East having a chance at 5-4.

OPRF- The remaining schedule includes zero easy games

Hinsdale Central- GBW and DGN await the young Red Devils.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News