ADVERTISEMENT

Simeon Coaching Job?

Yes the Job is opening, I think its going to be a Simeon alumni. Traditionally they like to keep in the circle. I will say this Sinque isn't leaving Kenwood, Dewalt shouldn't leaving Lane Tech and Jack prolly isn't leaving Mount Carmel respectfully!!

Yes the Job is opening, I think its going to be a Simeon alumni. Traditionally they like to keep in the circle. I will say this Sinque isn't leaving Kenwood, Dewalt shouldn't leaving Lane Tech and Jack prolly isn't leaving Mount Carmel respectfully!!
Turner will stay put IMO. Unless you have inside information in the case of Ramsey, don't most assistants want to be a head coach? He's well known in the city, a great former player, championship pedigree.....he could keep some talent away from the privates and reignite the Wolverines. For DeWalt, Lane has a strong alumni base, resources, etc. Simeon opens him up to more individual talent and possible playoff success (6A vs 8A). He may be a southsider too. What other Simeon alums are in the coaching that they go after ( Chris Bryant, Jordan Diamond, Gilliam)?

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Turner left Kenwood to go to Simeon. Both are selective enrollment, so they can both draw players from the entire city, but Kenwood is not a traditional football power like Simeon. Regardless of administration at Simeon, they support sports. I'm sure DeWalt would jump at the Simeon job if offered to him. He makes no secret on social media about how he doesn't believe Lane can win consistently with the students he has. Bottom line is that in the CPL, everyone knows that the foundation is in place at Simeon for football success, and it isn't so coach dependent like most other CPL schools. I think anyone would jump at the chance to coach there if the job was offered.

Reactions: RockSoup
I think Ramsey gets it and it will be a great pickup for them, he has been great at MC, the receivers really have been exceptional since he has been there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT