ADVERTISEMENT

Shouldn't schools other than Rochester get bashed about the success factor?

Not going into too much here but I do notice private people arguing out of both sides of their mouths again.

In one thread the economy and tuition is killing their enrollments and they can't afford to give schollies even though there already are schollies. Then in this thread if there was a split they'd be handing out all sorts of schollies and taking all the athletes.

I know you all can't think both scenarios are true. You can't.

I have said that before.. keep multiplier at 1.65 for all open enrollment schools and reduce the radius to 15 miles.. a school like Naz is already a load with a big edge, they don't need to get kids from Oswego East to contend for a title..

I agree. Let's keep all privates from OE kids;)

Bones,

Please look into what happened in New Jersey with the split. The schools that were about to close like Jon Bosco are now flourishing with attendees coming from 8 different states. There is money coming from Shoe deals with Nike, TV deals with ESPN, and so on, plus a proud alumni base that is more than happy to contribute. There are no restrictions on recruiting or scholarships for players based on athletics.

Additionally with the advent of a voucher program coming to Illinois the choice for all families will be available because the cost will decrease for privates and inversely increase for publics as money is pulled back to the tax payer for distribution rather then supplementation to the public system.

Not going into too much here but I do notice private people arguing out of both sides of their mouths again.

In one thread the economy and tuition is killing their enrollments and they can't afford to give schollies even though there already are schollies. Then in this thread if there was a split they'd be handing out all sorts of schollies and taking all the athletes.

I know you all can't think both scenarios are true. You can't.

Bones,

Please look into what happened in New Jersey with the split. The schools that were about to close like Jon Bosco are now flourishing with attendees coming from 8 different states. There is money coming from Shoe deals with Nike, TV deals with ESPN, and so on, plus a proud alumni base that is more than happy to contribute. There are no restrictions on recruiting or scholarships for players based on athletics.

Additionally with the advent of a voucher program coming to Illinois the choice for all families will be available because the cost will decrease for privates and inversely increase for publics as money is pulled back to the tax payer for distribution rather then supplementation to the public system.

So that may or may not happen to schools like Loyola, Montini etc.... How about to the other 100???? What does this mean for Peru St. Bede. Newman, Bishop Mac, Alton Marquette, Aurora Central Catholic, Leo, Mac etc?????

And you keep talking about that... I google that and see no mention of it..

I believe there are around 80 Private schools operating in New Jersey currently which has increased over the past few years. I've spoken with the coaches from Union City, a public school with a rich history, that now refer to the New Jersey state playoff system as a joke with its 23 state titles. Is this what you really want?

So that may or may not happen to schools like Loyola, Montini etc.... How about to the other 100???? What does this mean for Peru St. Bede. Newman, Bishop Mac, Alton Marquette, Aurora Central Catholic, Leo, Mac etc?????

And you keep talking about that... I google that and see no mention of it..

I believe there are around 80 Private schools operating in New Jersey currently which has increased over the past few years. I've spoken with the coaches from Union City, a public school with a rich history, that now refer to the New Jersey state playoff system as a joke with its 23 state titles. Is this what you really want?

I think its fine the way it is now.. if open enrollments hate the SF too much, separate classes the next step.. 6 public, 2 open same as we have now

If they separate you get Jersey or worse because you have hoops to contend with as well and you'll have some publics opting out as well. Be careful what you ask for you might get it.

I think its fine the way it is now.. if open enrollments hate the SF too much, separate classes the next step.. 6 public, 2 open same as we have now

If, as you say, it's a case of being challenged to see how good they can be, doesn't that also go for public school programs? Would you deny those kids this opportunity? If so, that's not very thoughtful of you!
Absolutely. In my humble opinion the success factor should also apply to public schools and Rochester would be playing in a higher class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT