ADVERTISEMENT

SF 31 - Rita 28. Final

@ramblinman please don’t turn into @MC63 One angry member of the Greatest Generation is enough.
I'm not turning into anything. For YEARS, I've been against detracting from the players on the field whether it's whinnying over the PA or fans chanting negatively back and forth or overzealous PA announcers. I ranted at New Trier when they used to play Ozzie Osbourne's maniacal laugh from Crazy Train after every NT first down. I've called out LA fans for chanting and for anti Semitic antics.

If the above makes me a cranky old man in the eyes of others, I can live with that.

• Haha
Reactions: gobears25
Appreciate that, thanks Gramps.
Again, shots about my aage.

Can't you do better than that?

Year after year, you keep shooting and I keep getting older. Thank god, you're a lousy shot.

Yes, I'm stilll here and hope to be for many years to come.

You, will probably be here, as well, and you'll still be unable to say anything witty.

How's the quest for the 1A trophy coming?

• Haha
Reactions: CatholicHigh41
Game went the way I thought, if you go back to the SR LA thread where I answered Witty with , “It will be a difficult task to go on the road and beat St. Francis” And I said I wasn’t sandbagging nor was I going to be called out on sandbagging because everyone here has been watching St. Francis’ results come in weekly.

Someone called a SR TD a Hail Mary but it’s a simple go route that is the call when teams don’t give safety help on JR WR Maxson. Probably have completed 5 of them this year. 3 for TDs.

St. Francis, I guess is impressive. And I don’t mean that condescendingly. I already knew how good they are so It’s hard to say I’m impressed. So if others are impressed, I don’t know if they’ve been following them this year.

I have no gripes but one that I’ve had for a while as a St. Rita fan/alum. Teams can pitch and catch the play action slant on us at will. And teams we play sell out their LBs to stop the run, it seems a natural play for us to do well at. Teams also play their safeties up against us so maybe they’re in the slant route, then we’d have to option that route to a vert if that’s the case. And again with the injury at QB, obviously I’m not saying that’s easy to get accomplished in a week. So hopefully we get to that point with our passing game sooner than later.

Defensively. They played fine. Keeping everything in front of them. I didn’t see DBs first step on the 50 yard post TD because if that happened with a deep shell that’s bad and if they were in man, that’s a tough way to stop that offense with man.

So overall, tough night for the Mustangs, Congratulations to St. Francis, great game plan and execution on both sides of the ball. The game production is excellent, the field is beautiful (looking at it via a stream) but just one remark if I could, the officials will probably tighten up playoff time, I don’t think music is to be played outside of a huddle but definitely not while the QB is addressing the offense at the line. I didn’t see any over the line steppers except for the 4th and 2 that resulted in the 22yard TD. Yep, that will be flagged in the playoffs especially with the horn leading up to and at the snap. But if it’s just call me maybe then maybe it won’t get penalized😂

Either way, what an absolute stud of a year in Wheaton. Congratulations to the St. Francis community. This stuff ain’t easy
Much respect and hats off to the players and staff. Class act program. Your boys fought til the very end. Overall another thriller and crazy ending on the smurf turf...

I'm not turning into anything. For YEARS, I've been against detracting from the players on the field whether it's whinnying over the PA or fans chanting negatively back and forth or overzealous PA announcers. I ranted at New Trier when they used to play Ozzie Osbourne's maniacal laugh from Crazy Train after every NT first down. I've called out LA fans for chanting and for anti Semitic antics.

If the above makes me a cranky old man in the eyes of others, I can live with that.
I understand. But if you were ok with music and sound effects in between plays like I am, (gone are the 100 member bands music between downs), I only thought the 4th and 1 was over the top and St. Rita maintained their stances and got a TD on that play. Just going forward for them, I wouldn’t take it that close to the edge in a close playoff game.

I swear to God I've been afflicted with an acute case of PTSD after reading this entire thread.

All I was looking for was an analysis and a f*cking final and I was presented with a cat fight.
angry eric cartman GIF by South Park

I swear to God I've been afflicted with an acute case of PTSD after reading this entire thread.

All I was looking for was an analysis and a f*cking final and I was presented with a cat fight.
The Rita, SF (and Fenwick and Montini) posters had a good thing going. All game talk and all love. Then others come in and ruin the party.

• Haha
Reactions: ramblinman

Antisemitism and Ozzy music are not in the same solar system.

How's the quest for the 1A trophy coming?
Similar to the consolation prize that is the 7A trophy. Shouldn’t you be out scaring small children or do you wait til the end of the month?

I have no gripes but one that I’ve had for a while as a St. Rita fan/alum. Teams can pitch and catch the play action slant on us at will. And teams we play sell out their LBs to stop the run, it seems a natural play for us to do well at. Teams also play their safeties up against us so maybe they’re in the slant route, then we’d have to option that route to a vert if that’s the case. And again with the injury at QB, obviously I’m not saying that’s easy to get accomplished in a week. So hopefully we get to that point with our passing game sooner than later.

7 on 7 or 11 vs 11 in the summer? SMH LOL

Reactions: RockSoup
this guy, just today?
That was in regards to the music and horns in between downs when St. Rita offense was on the field. A couple non-St. Rita posters took exception. No St. Rita poster took issue with it besides my warning to not lose 15 yards in a playoff game over it. Also 630 villain came back and said the no respect was for the media and not the fine people of edgyland

Reactions: epicbret
That was in regards to the music and horns in between downs when St. Rita offense was on the field. A couple non-St. Rita posters took exception. No St. Rita poster took issue with it besides my warning to not lose 15 yards in a playoff game over it. Also 630 villain came back and said the no respect was for the media and not the fine people of edgyland
How I feel trying to follow this thread
fb1.jpg

How I feel trying to follow this thread
fb1.jpg
Tell me about it. It got wild in there. I had to take my shirt off a couple of times. Why’d I take my shirt off? I don’t know. Probably just to add to the bizarreness of it all. But I hope the thread doesn’t take away from a hard fought game and the great, wild run St. Francis has been on. I’ll put my shirt back on.😂

Tell me about it. It got wild in there. I had to take my shirt off a couple of times. Why’d I take my shirt off? I don’t know. Probably just to add to the bizarreness of it all. But I hope the thread doesn’t take away from a hard fought game and the great, wild run St. Francis has been on. I’ll put my shirt back on.😂
Hahahahaha

Somehow @mchsalumni took a shot at the Caravans uniforms in the middle of a SR/SF thread 😀. Was I offended? Sure. Busting on a classic uniform based on the Carmelite order would upset any MC/JCA/COM fan, but gone are my days of taking off my shirt in these situations (or pretty much anytime outside the shower 😀). After I had my first “Why is my arm tingling and chest tightening?” scare earlier this summer I promised the wife and Doctor I’d choose my battles wisely from here on out. Granted I’m in the wrong profession for that but my duties for the next 767 days until retirement are not the same as they were the past 2 decades. Serenity now…..hopefully not insanity later 😉

Somehow @mchsalumni took a shot at the Caravans uniforms in the middle of a SR/SF thread 😀. Was I offended? Sure. Busting on a classic uniform based on the Carmelite order would upset any MC/JCA/COM fan, but gone are my days of taking off my shirt in these situations (or pretty much anytime outside the shower 😀). After I had my first “Why is my arm tingling and chest tightening?” scare earlier this summer I promised the wife and Doctor I’d choose my battles wisely from here on out. Granted I’m in the wrong profession for that but my duties for the next 767 days until retirement are not the same as they were the past 2 decades. Serenity now…..hopefully not insanity later 😉
But let the record show, I didn’t take my shirt off out of anger because I never got angry last night. I just ate a burrito before entering the thread and got sweaty. Ok. That part I should’ve just DM’d you

Over 3k views on this thing. Poor people that came in only looking for the score and the big plays. My apologies😂

Reactions: tomloner
I get it. I'm not tone deaf. I know I'm going against the grain and howling in the wind in here on this.

I also understand I rubbed some people the wrong way in this thread, and I'm not sorry about that at all. The only thing I'm sorry about is that topic of what is and is not sportsmanlike behavior at high school sporting events deserves its own thread so that MWitt didn't have to get PTSD from reading this one.

People need a wake-up call on this topic. It's not just about St. Francis fans and administration thinking that blaring a car horn while the other team is trying to run a play is acceptable to do at football games. They just got singled out because a thread about that game was already posted and it's a recent example of way too many examples.

It's getting worse out there and nobody seems to care. Instead of confronting the situation, people turn a blind eye to it. Worse yet are those who acknowledge that it exists but claim that it's all in good fun.

All in good fun? Think again.

Unsportsmanlike behavior, the more it goes unchecked, becomes the new normal. It's like an untreated infection that keeps getting worse and worse. What is now considered by some to be "all in good fun" used to be considered unsportsmanlike not too long ago. When the decency tolerance baseline is lowered, then you have people who feel emboldened to push it even lower. This is as true in high school athletics as it is in our own local and national discourse.

Last year, the North Carolina High School Athletic Association surveyed 3,100 officials. Two-thirds of officials who responded to the survey said that fan behavior is worse than ever. 63% of responding officials said that bad behavior by fans, coaches, and players make officiating no longer rewarding. Does anyone here think that North Carolina is any different than Illinois?

How does the behavior get changed? The process to change it can only begin by acknowledging that it needs to be changed.

Last edited:
If you think SF is actually the 10th best team in 5A allow me to sell you some oceanfront property in Iowa.
That’s a good attempt to gaslight. I said Saint Rita is overrated. I did not say Saint Francis is underrated. Reading comprehension his key here. Bring on the next clown comment please.

I just like firing up your great granddaddy @MC63

Frank Zappa always said “brown don’t make it” when it came to clothes. And he wasn’t wrong.

TL: you know the status of SR QB Jett? Reads like Rita's O-line had a tough night. If IC stacked up over 400 yards on SF, why couldn't SR? Any ideas?
Sorry was not at the game tonight - watched the game online. He took a couple of snaps early but wasn't able to go. The fact they let let Jett in the game at all was a surprise. The scout team QB had very few snaps with the first unit and the sophomore QB took over. I was surprised the he was not starting the sophomore game. All year SR has had 4-5 sophomores not suit at all for the sophomores and play with the varsity. I'm hoping Jett can play next week. The sophomore can make the throws but being able to read varsity defenses is tougher this late in the season. I'm guessing he's the starter next year.

W/O the ability to run their normal passing game St. Francis was able to load the box and keep DJ in check all night. The Oline had to block 5 on 7 all night. I'm sure St. Laurence and BR will run the same defense if Jett is not back. The offense will need to adapt... St. Francis is going to be a tough draw in the playoffs.

Lookie here…it’s Homecoming week in this thread. I missed all of you. Let’s all take a #Selfie

Reactions: DMurph11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT