ADVERTISEMENT

SF 31 - Rita 28. Final

They’ll be a 2 score favorite over St. Laurence. I don’t know their playoff points but they should be able to split Laurence / Rice if not win both.
I agree that Rita is a favorite in that game but I just might take the Vikes as my Feeto's Friday upset pick.

Reactions: RockSoup
St. Rita's two year starting QB was only able to take a few snaps tonight. The backup also only played a few plays. The sophomore QB played about 85-90% of the snaps. Yes, it is possible SR could miss the playoffs. This was not a trap game. St. Francis is a good team. I wish them well in the playoffs. SR held LA to 21 because the offense was able to sustain drives. Tonight SR punted more than any game other then the MC game. St. Francis had a very good defensive game plan tonight to stop the run. Hats of to them.
Rita was missing their best Dlinemen too.

St. Rita's two year starting QB was only able to take a few snaps tonight. The backup also only played a few plays. The sophomore QB played about 85-90% of the snaps. Yes, it is possible SR could miss the playoffs. This was not a trap game. St. Francis is a good team. I wish them well in the playoffs. SR held LA to 21 because the offense was able to sustain drives. Tonight SR punted more than any game other then the MC game. St. Francis had a very good defensive game plan tonight to stop the run. Hats of to them.
TL: you know the status of SR QB Jett? Reads like Rita's O-line had a tough night. If IC stacked up over 400 yards on SF, why couldn't SR? Any ideas?

The Rita O might have sustained some drives against LA but they only put 3 pts on the scoreboard.

Congrats to the Spartans on a nice win and a nice run of extraordinary success the last several years.

If they're moving up the CCL ranks towards becoming a top tier CCL program now, and I hope that they do, then I also hope they lose the amateurish sound effects and annoying music between downs at their home games.

How's that for an if-then?
McMillen can connect his IPod and blast “Call Me Maybe” by Carly Rae Jepsen all 48 minutes of game time for all I care. Guy has earned it and then some.

On a serious note, nothing wrong with having some fun. Great atmosphere, great crowd, great energy and it helps them attract very good young talent which elevates the program, which in turn elevates the school. I’m 100% all for it. People will always have something to say. SF is winning, SF is having fun doing it, and the program is on the rise and fast.

Thank God you’re not in charge of the program, although I must admit I am curious as to how your music selection consisting of Frank Sinatra would keep the crowd engaged and the young talent wanting to attend. Just kidding, all in good fun.

And lastly, just a lighthearted suggestion, I also think you should brush up on your understanding of the concept of conditional statements, but that’s just a suggestion. DM me where I can send an LSAT guide, they outline it fairly well. Always happy to help.

I agree that Rita is a favorite in that game but I just might take the Vikes as my Feeto's Friday upset pick.

They’ll be a 2 score favorite over St. Laurence. I don’t know their playoff points but they should be able to split Laurence / Rice if not win both.
I believe SR was a two-score favorite against SF tonight, and we saw what happened. I get your point, but this kind of thinking (for Rita) would be disastrous. 4th string QB or not, next week is a playoff game. I just hope the staff and their players take nothing for granted and do whatever they can to beat SL.

We’ve come a long way from week 4. congrats on the win, SF will be a force in 5a.
Lol have we ever. CCL parity is something else. I didn’t believe, consider me a believer. You’re a classy gent Blackfriars. Wishing the best for Fenwick come playoff time.

Reactions: Blackfriars
McMillen can connect his IPod and blast “Call Me Maybe” by Carly Rae Jepsen all 48 minutes of game time for all I care. Guy has earned it and then some.

On a serious note, nothing wrong with having some fun. Great atmosphere, great crowd, great energy and it helps them attract very good young talent which elevates the program, which in turn elevates the school. I’m 100% all for it. People will always have something to say. SF is winning, SF is having fun doing it, and the program is on the rise and fast.

Thank God you’re not in charge of the program, although I must admit I am curious as to how your music selection consisting of Frank Sinatra would keep the crowd engaged and the young talent wanting to attend. Just kidding, all in good fun.

And lastly, just a lighthearted suggestion, I also think you should brush up on your understanding of the concept of conditional statements, but that’s just a suggestion. DM me where I can send an LSAT guide, they outline it fairly well. Always happy to help.
The mess that was the CCL-B when Montini showed up and all the old timers bitched about the horse whinny when they get a first down. You’d have thought someone stole their tighty whiteys. Don’t let ‘em get you down, nice win for Sparty.

I believe SR was a two-score favorite against SF tonight, and we saw what happened. I get your point, but this kind of thinking (for Rita) would be disastrous. 4th string QB or not, next week is a playoff game. I just hope the staff and their players take nothing for granted and do whatever they can to beat SL.
I hear you. But SF was able to keep Laurence in check, but they are a very good football team. If Rita plays well, they should win. Sometimes styles make fights as they say, and I think SF’s offense was a difficult matchup for Rita on paper. Laurence probably more inclined to slug it out, which I think favors Rita.

The mess that was the CCL-B when Montini showed up and all the old timers bitched about the horse whinny when they get a first down. You’d have thought someone stole their tighty whiteys. Don’t let ‘em get you down, nice win for Sparty.
I think you’re going to make me pull for Montini to win 3A….

And at the end of the day, this is a game played by kids between 15-18, and what they like is what matters. SF definitely has some cache as the “cool” program with the field, the music, the offense. That matters when it comes to kids wanting to attend your school and play for you. And hell, if you lean into it yourself it’s a ton of fun.

Nothing that makes people vomit more than the ridiculous Mt. Carmel colors. Shite brown and white. Looks like a messy diaper. So pot meet kettle, I guess?
Best Friends Bff GIF by reactionseditor

SF and Montini right now ^

Don't need music between every down to create a fun atmosphere. It's fun without that crap. Don't need car horns blaring when you get a first down or when the other team throws an incomplete pass or, worse, is on the LOS and trying to run a play like Rita was with 19 seconds left in the game. Let the spotlight be on the kids and not on the PA system. That's bush league stuff.

Last edited:
The score does not indicate how much better SF was than Rita tonight... Flashes of the old SF appeared tonight, and still with all the mistakes, turnovers and penalty's, they won the game.. Alessio Milivojevic is the TRUTH, they were dropping 7 into coverage and he still went 25 of 28... I think its time people start showing those Spartans in Wheaton some respect... And that the past few weeks were not flukes... This team is forreal.

Don't need music between every down to create a fun atmosphere. It's fun without that crap. Don't need car horns blaring when you get a first down or when the other team throws an an incomplete pass or, worse, is on the LOS and trying to run a play like Rita was with 19 seconds left in the game. Let the spotlight be on the kids and not on the PA system. That's bush league stuff.
Not up to CCL standards. You're right, very, very bush league.

Allways a classy guy.
Don't need music between every down to create a fun atmosphere. It's fun without that crap. Don't need car horns blaring when you get a first down or when the other team throws an an incomplete pass or, worse, is on the LOS and trying to run a play like Rita was with 19 seconds left in the game. Let the spotlight be on the kids and not on the PA system. That's bush league stuff.
Thank you for your incredibly relevant, highly valued, and critically important opinion. Without ramblinman, how could they know what to do? I am sure McMillen and staff, who have more or less single hand-idly elevated a program into relevance across the state (sending multiple kids on to college to play football and receive an education), could use this fantastic feedback of someone who is so clearly plugged in to knowing what makes St. Francis a successful program. Your valiant contributions are not lost on anyone, I assure you.

@MC63 as well, If you two have any additional highly valued and deeply insightful suggestions, I think there’s a comment box near the McDonald’s on Roosevelt where you can drop them off. I know it looks like a bathroom, but I promise you that if you put it into the bowl and flush it, it’ll reach the right people.

Game went the way I thought, if you go back to the SR LA thread where I answered Witty with , “It will be a difficult task to go on the road and beat St. Francis” And I said I wasn’t sandbagging nor was I going to be called out on sandbagging because everyone here has been watching St. Francis’ results come in weekly.

Someone called a SR TD a Hail Mary but it’s a simple go route that is the call when teams don’t give safety help on JR WR Maxson. Probably have completed 5 of them this year. 3 for TDs.

St. Francis, I guess is impressive. And I don’t mean that condescendingly. I already knew how good they are so It’s hard to say I’m impressed. So if others are impressed, I don’t know if they’ve been following them this year.

I have no gripes but one that I’ve had for a while as a St. Rita fan/alum. Teams can pitch and catch the play action slant on us at will. And teams we play sell out their LBs to stop the run, it seems a natural play for us to do well at. Teams also play their safeties up against us so maybe they’re in the slant route, then we’d have to option that route to a vert if that’s the case. And again with the injury at QB, obviously I’m not saying that’s easy to get accomplished in a week. So hopefully we get to that point with our passing game sooner than later.

Defensively. They played fine. Keeping everything in front of them. I didn’t see DBs first step on the 50 yard post TD because if that happened with a deep shell that’s bad and if they were in man, that’s a tough way to stop that offense with man.

So overall, tough night for the Mustangs, Congratulations to St. Francis, great game plan and execution on both sides of the ball. The game production is excellent, the field is beautiful (looking at it via a stream) but just one remark if I could, the officials will probably tighten up playoff time, I don’t think music is to be played outside of a huddle but definitely not while the QB is addressing the offense at the line. I didn’t see any over the line steppers except for the 4th and 2 that resulted in the 22yard TD. Yep, that will be flagged in the playoffs especially with the horn leading up to and at the snap. But if it’s just call me maybe then maybe it won’t get penalized😂

Either way, what an absolute stud of a year in Wheaton. Congratulations to the St. Francis community. This stuff ain’t easy

Thank you for your incredibly relevant, highly valued, and critically important opinion. Without ramblinman, how could they know what to do? I am sure McMillen and staff, who have more or less single hand-idly elevated a program into relevance across the state (sending multiple kids on to college to play football and receive an education), could use this fantastic feedback of someone who is so clearly plugged in to knowing what makes St. Francis a successful program. Your valiant contributions are not lost on anyone, I assure you.

If you have any additional highly valued and deeply insightful suggestions, I think there’s a comment box near the McDonald’s on Roosevelt where you can drop them off. I know it looks like a bathroom, but I promise you that if you put it into a bowl and flush it, it’ll reach the right people.
I have total respect for McMillen and the job he has done in terms of building solid program. So don't try and twist my words into another one of your straw man arguments.

My suggestions are not for him unless he is also the architect of the all the distractions coming from the PA system that you so vehemently want to defend. I sure hope he doesn't support intentionally trying to distract the other team with car horns as they are desperately directing a last minute comeback. That was worse than bush league. It was a lack of good sportsmanship.

Reactions: Silver Rain
I have total respect for McMillen and the job he has done in terms of building solid program. So dont try and twist my words into another one of your straw man arguments.

My suggestions are not for him unless he is also the architect of the all the distractions coming from the PA system that you so vehemently want to defend. I sure hope he doesn't support intentionally trying to distract the other team with car horns as they are desperately directing a last minute comeback.
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

I have total respect for McMillen and the job he has done in terms of building solid program. So dont try and twist my words into another one of your straw man arguments.

My suggestions are not for him unless he is also the architect of the all the distractions coming from the PA system that you so vehemently want to defend. I sure hope he doesn't support intentionally trying to distract the other team with car horns as they are desperately directing a last minute comeback.
If you have comments for whoever is handling the game atmosphere, I referenced the comment box above. It will say “Kohler” on it and there is water inside it.

• Haha
Reactions: mchsalumni
Rock I may be wrong but looked like they were in man on the 55 yd bomb… i actually thought Rita DB had real good coverage but that ball was just thrown so far WR got just enough separation at the very end and ball placed in a spot only WR could get - right in his bread basket.

Reactions: chakazulu89
Game went the way I thought, if you go back to the SR LA thread where I answered Witty with , “It will be a difficult task to go on the road and beat St. Francis” And I said I wasn’t sandbagging nor was I going to be called out on sandbagging because everyone here has been watching St. Francis’ results come in weekly.

Someone called a SR TD a Hail Mary but it’s a simple go route that is the call when teams don’t give safety help on JR WR Maxson. Probably have completed 5 of them this year. 3 for TDs.

St. Francis, I guess is impressive. And I don’t mean that condescendingly. I already knew how good they are so It’s hard to say I’m impressed. So if others are impressed, I don’t know if they’ve been following them this year.

I have no gripes but one that I’ve had for a while as a St. Rita fan/alum. Teams can pitch and catch the play action slant on us at will. And teams we play sell out their LBs to stop the run, it seems a natural play for us to do well at. Teams also play their safeties up against us so maybe they’re in the slant route, then we’d have to option that route to a vert if that’s the case. And again with the injury at QB, obviously I’m not saying that’s easy to get accomplished in a week. So hopefully we get to that point with our passing game sooner than later.

Defensively. They played fine. Keeping everything in front of them. I didn’t see DBs first step on the 50 yard post TD because if that happened with a deep shell that’s bad and if they were in man, that’s a tough way to stop that offense with man.

So overall, tough night for the Mustangs, Congratulations to St. Francis, great game plan and execution on both sides of the ball. The game production is excellent, the field is beautiful (looking at it via a stream) but just one remark if I could, the officials will probably tighten up playoff time, I don’t think music is to be played outside of a huddle but definitely not while the QB is addressing the offense at the line. I didn’t see any over the line steppers except for the 4th and 2 that resulted in the 22yard TD. Yep, that will be flagged in the playoffs especially with the horn leading up to and at the snap. But if it’s just call me maybe then maybe it won’t get penalized😂

Either way, what an absolute stud of a year in Wheaton. Congratulations to the St. Francis community. This stuff ain’t easy
You’re a classy gent RockSoup. Best of luck to the Mustangs the rest of the year. Rita people are great.

Rock I may be wrong but looked like they were in man on the 55 yd bomb… i actually thought Rita DB had real good coverage but that ball was just thrown so far WR got separation very end.
Thank you. Yeah, I take a lot of flak at the tavern for being the guy that just says keep everyone back, no long TDs, win the red zone. It’s not an exciting defense. I don’t care about 500 yard gains in between the 20s, you’re not going to stop a big boy offense with a big time QB man up. So the only allowed TD I had a problem with was the deep post. The others just tip your cap but also hopefully we can jump those quick hitters, slant and flat, later in the year. You can take more chances in red zone D with less field to cover

Don't need music between every down to create a fun atmosphere. It's fun without that crap. Don't need car horns blaring when you get a first down or when the other team throws an incomplete pass or, worse, is on the LOS and trying to run a play like Rita was with 19 seconds left in the game. Let the spotlight be on the kids and not on the PA system. That's bush league stuff.
@ramblinman please don’t turn into @MC63 One angry member of the Greatest Generation is enough.

Thank you. Yeah, I take a lot of flak at the tavern for being the guy that just says keep everyone back, no long TDs, win the red zone. It’s not an exciting defense. I don’t care about 500 yard gains in between the 20s, you’re not going to stop a big boy offense with a big time QB man up. So the only allowed TD I had a problem with was the deep post. The others just tip your cap but also hopefully we can jump those quick hitters, slant and flat, later in the year. You can take more chances in red zone D with less field to cover
I just looked back at the play on youtube Rock and looks like it was a blown coverage. Safety came up instead of staying back in shell and ended up being one on one on the outside. 1:46:00 on the youtube link posted here.

Didn’t have any ramifications on the game at all but on two of Rita’s 4th and 1 plays they had the car horn going on the PA, I thought music and sound effects had to stop?

I just looked back at the play on youtube Rock and looks like it was a blown coverage. Safety came up instead of staying back in shell and ended up being one on one on the outside. 1:46:00 on the youtube link posted here.
Ugh. Teenagers. Tough offense to stop. Needed some more first downs to get them more rest. Natural inclination is to make a play so I understand. It was a fine effort by both teams on both sides of the ball

Reactions: mchsalumni
Didn’t have any ramifications on the game at all but on two of Rita’s 4th and 1 plays they had the car horn going on the PA, I thought music and sound effects had to stop?
The horn was blaring with Rita lined up and ready to snap the ball with 19 seconds left in the game. Im not saying that's why Rita lost, but I am saying it was poor sportsmanship.

Reactions: Silver Rain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT