ADVERTISEMENT

SF 31 - Rita 28. Final

stl705

May 9, 2006
Just figured id make a separate thread for score in title.

Great game so far.

Reactions: RockSoup
What's happening to Rita's run game for those watching the game? Did she abandon it? SF stout defense?
SF D has been dominating Rita run game. Only offense Rita has had is 1 long pass TD right before half.

Also what was SF doing!!?? Comon coach, running the ball? Mighta cost em a FG end of half for SF. 14-14 half.

Did Hilding get knocked out? I didnt even notice.
St. Rita has gone with JR QB Bonner to start
SR Hilding (who didn’t practice much this week) has had a couple snaps and the Soph has played the majority

TD rita on return. SF needs to wake up and stop kicking it. Pooch kick it!!

TD rita on return. SF needs to wake up and stop kicking it. Pooch kick it!!
Amen. Can’t give up 2 TD returns in one game (albeit one was called back).

1 TD on kickoff return
1 fumble return

If SF could clean it up on turnovers / special teams they’d have control of the game.

The SF QB is playing the position as well as you can at the high school level. It’s actually absurd to watch.

Reactions: Ivanmilivojevic
SF is dominating this football game, no question. Outside of ST lol.

Another TD SF. 28-21

4 fumbles on Special Teams for SF, unacceptable. Rita ball deep in SF territory.

The turnover bug is back…SF just won’t let themselves run away with this one my goodness.

3 muffed punts by Francis a, a kick return, and a Hail Mary is keeping Rita in the game. This shouldn't even be close. Francis is doing their best to give the game away.

Reactions: stl705 and DMurph11
3 muffed punts by Francis a, a kick return, and a Hail Mary is keeping Rita in the game. This shouldn't even be close. Francis is doing their best to give the game away.
Hope SF QB is okay. Looks like he hurt his throwing hand on that last play. Losing your star QB…That’ll be enough to scare the daylights out of anyone…

Back in next drive.

Last edited:
SF blocks Rita's punt inside the 5. SF has back to back penalties. SF Ball at the Rita 14... 1:27 left

Very entertaining game. Nice win for the Spartans. Ironic that they win it with a big special teams play....blocked punt.

Amazing what McMillen has done with this SF program. Inconceivable 5 years ago to where they’re at today. The program is incredibly lucky to have him.

SF O and D coordinators were excellent tonight. I did not expect SF to contain the run like they did and play calling was very good. Another great job by the staff, just have to clean it up and they’ll be in a great position come November.

And man St. Rita is a good football team. Glad SF only has to play them once.

Also, SF QB needs to be in the conversation for player of the year in the state.

Idk they looked pretty damn good to me. What a clown comment.
#8 in 7A losing to #10 in 5A. Calpreps predicted a 10 point Rita win. Massey ranks Rita at 7th in the state and St. Franics at 28th. St. Rita is Over rated.

Amazing what McMillen has done with this SF program. Inconceivable 5 years ago to where they’re at today. The program is incredibly lucky to have him.

SF O and D coordinators were excellent tonight. I did not expect SF to contain the run like they did and play calling was very good. Another great job by the staff, just have to clean it up and they’ll be in a great position come November.

And man St. Rita is a good football team. Glad SF only has to play them once.

Also, SF QB needs to be in the conversation for player of the year in the state.
Congrats to the Spartans on a nice win and a nice run of extraordinary success the last several years.

If they're moving up the CCL ranks towards becoming a top tier CCL program now, and I hope that they do, then I also hope they lose the amateurish sound effects and annoying music between downs at their home games.

How's that for an if-then?

St. Rita is over rated and over hyped.
Idk they looked pretty damn good to me. What a clown comment.
Rita could very easily miss the playoffs this year.
St. Rita's two year starting QB was only able to take a few snaps tonight. The backup also only played a few plays. The sophomore QB played about 85-90% of the snaps. Yes, it is possible SR could miss the playoffs. This was not a trap game. St. Francis is a good team. I wish them well in the playoffs. SR held LA to 21 because the offense was able to sustain drives. Tonight SR punted more than any game other then the MC game. St. Francis had a very good defensive game plan tonight to stop the run. Hats of to them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT