ADVERTISEMENT

Seriously - I blame the parents

Interesting - but I am seeing (admittedly anecdotal) evidence to the contrary in my community right now. A high number of families with High School age kids are testing positive. I’ll have to read the report.

A high number of families or just the high school age kids the study shows that is more likely that they were infected by an adult. Hopefully they are doing the contact tracing so that we can figure this out. So if the high schoolers were at workouts at the high school they should of been in the same group every day that way they can notify the rest of the group to be tested if they test positive we have and answer and if they test negative we have an answer. Would be interesting to know if the kids were at a big 4th of July party or some other around a bunch of adults event the last few weeks or if they just stayed home and went to school. This is really why contact tracing is so critical and we at least have the numbers down to a level that it is possible again to do this and see exactly what is happening.

The best thing for High School football in Illinois would be if someone with BOOM or another 7v7 team that was in Texas and Florida the last few weeks would come out and say the kids are all ok or something.

Reactions: RD_Watcher
Who’s going to stop them from walking through a parking lot at a high school. Every school around me has baseball games and other activities, no one is stopping anyone, I’ll guarantee it.

Reactions: Gene K.
I WENT to Fremd today to watch practice. ALL of the guidelines set forth by the IHSA were followed to the letter. That included all the coaches in mask.

Guess it is better to get out of your car than whiz past on Quentin Road at 45 MPH.
In fairness, StateOH8 was reporting what he saw on Wednesday while you reported what you saw yesterday. Maybe he was correct, maybe he wasn't. I do believe you reported correctly on what you saw...although I wasn't there. I am not sure why he would make that up. But, who knows?

Forgive my ignorance, do we know for a fact that this is something that a person can only get once like the chicken pox????
i don't know your answer, but i do want to chime in here.

shingles is a reactivation of the chicken pox virus in your body.

so take that for what it's worth.

In fairness, StateOH8 was reporting what he saw on Wednesday while you reported what you saw yesterday. Maybe he was correct, maybe he wasn't. I do believe you reported correctly on what you saw...although I wasn't there. I am not sure why he would make that up. But, who knows?

I spoke to the head coach. They have very struct guidelines and if you know Lou Sponsel, he follows the rules to the letter and he said that his coaches always had their masks on. I would believe it will be difficult to judge whatever else that was going on on the field since that field is 40 feet from the road and you can only see the field for a few seconds since it is blocked by bleachers.

So, if you were asking me if I would use his statement in a story I was writing as an eyewitness account, my answer woudl be an emphatic "NO".

I spoke to the head coach. They have very struct guidelines and if you know Lou Sponsel, he follows the rules to the letter and he said that his coaches always had their masks on. I would believe it will be difficult to judge whatever else that was going on on the field since that field is 40 feet from the road and you can only see the field for a few seconds since it is blocked by bleachers.

So, if you were asking me if I would use his statement in a story I was writing as an eyewitness account, my answer woudl be an emphatic "NO".
LOL!!! I didn't doubt your account on what you witnessed and he hasn't come back to challenge you sooo....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT