ADVERTISEMENT

Semi-Finals Lock & Toss Up Games

All I know is if LWE shuts out Barrington after the Broncos QB threw for 500 yards and 5 touchdowns on Maine South I would be shocked. I can't wait to see how good LWE defense is in person. I think their shutout streak ends this week and they give up more than 14 for the first time all year. If LWE shuts them down, I will be the first to tip my cap to them. The thing about Barrington is they have it all over the field on offense. 1300 yard back, 700 yard back, 3 stud wideouts and a QB who has thrown for 37 touchdowns to 3 interceptions. The kid who had 285 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns against MS isn't even their top wideout. I don't know much about LWE except that I am terrified of that defense. I really have no idea what will happen. Barrington will have to play a very good hard fought game. Maybe catch some breaks.

LWE fans, what do you recommend for parking? Are the visitor stands large, or do I need to show up really early to get a seat? Anything real good at the concession stand?

Last edited:
I dont buy your topic headline.

Anyone can beat anyone and the games have to be won on the field.
stripes lighten GIF

Love the Vikings but Wheaton Academy is no pushover
Would love to hear more about WA. I know nothing about them aside from scores and a nice article in the Times yesterday. They appear to be very formidable. Does Laurence have a chance ?

Reactions: WIU78
All I know is if LWE shuts out Barrington after the Broncos QB threw for 500 yards and 5 touchdowns on Maine South I would be shocked. I can't wait to see how good LWE defense is in person. I think their shutout streak ends this week and they give up more than 14 for the first time all year. If LWE shuts them down, I will by the first to tip my cap to them. The thing about Barrington is they have it all over the field on offense. 1300 yard back, 700 yard back, 3 stud wideouts and a QB who has thrown for 37 touchdowns to 3 interceptions. The kid who had 285 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns against MS isn't even their top wideout. I don't know much about LWE except that I am terrified of that defense. I really have no idea what will happen. Barrington will have to play a very good hard fought game. Maybe catch some breaks.

LWE fans, what do you recommend for parking? Are the visitor stands large, or do I need to show up really early to get a seat? Anything real good at the concession stand?
Come on down! LWE has pretty respectable visitor side bleachers and it has been a while since they have ever been filled. Food at the game is the usual Beggars pizza thin / with hot dogs and popcorn. Real restrooms are on the home side with portapotties on the visitor side. It will be well attended on the home side with the Griffins being the only district school still in it. Behind the school on the west side and across Colorado street has more parking. Neighborhood street parking is a no no. Other areas if really crowded are across LaGrange (RT. 45 ) to the east. Not too bad of a walk at any spots. If you want gate view parking….you can leave now…. Concessions are only on the home side at both ends of the bleachers. Welcome all.

Reactions: alpha08
All I know is if LWE shuts out Barrington after the Broncos QB threw for 500 yards and 5 touchdowns on Maine South I would be shocked. I can't wait to see how good LWE defense is in person. I think their shutout streak ends this week and they give up more than 14 for the first time all year. If LWE shuts them down, I will by the first to tip my cap to them. The thing about Barrington is they have it all over the field on offense. 1300 yard back, 700 yard back, 3 stud wideouts and a QB who has thrown for 37 touchdowns to 3 interceptions. The kid who had 285 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns against MS isn't even their top wideout. I don't know much about LWE except that I am terrified of that defense. I really have no idea what will happen. Barrington will have to play a very good hard fought game. Maybe catch some breaks.

Not sure about the concession stand but Palermos is about a block away and has the best pizza!

Would love to hear more about WA. I know nothing about them aside from scores and a nice article in the Times yesterday. They appear to be very formidable. Does Laurence have a chance ?
Based upon schedule comparison, and with WA losing to 1A Hope, I’m thinking Laurence is a heavy favorite especially at home. MC and Batavia both played 11-0 teams last week but when I compared their schedules I knew both would win comfortably.

Based upon schedule comparison, and with WA losing to 1A Hope, I’m thinking Laurence is a heavy favorite especially at home. MC and Batavia both played 11-0 teams last week but when I compared their schedules I knew both would win comfortably.
Hope hosting Lena Winslow is very intriguing.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
For a semi-final @ LWE, I recommend getting to a gate a full hour before kickoff and a short line may already be in place at that time. "Hit the head" quickly and get into the stands ASAP.

Toss-Ups
Camp Point vs Greenfield
Wilmington vs Maroa
Byron vs Montini
LWE vs Barrington

Locks
Rochester will clock Murphysboro. Probably by halftime. The Rocket faithful will be drinking Big Muddy Beer early
JCA
ESL
Normal Community

DGN is a lock over Normal.
DGN was impressive over LW West. They have a nice-looking group of athletes on defense who laid 2 big hits on the QB in the first quarter along with damaging their TB. A wealth of playmakers on the offense also exist capable of big play production. A handful of players look to be considerable match-up problems capable of winning most any 1-on-1 situations due to size, strength and mobility advantages.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT