ADVERTISEMENT

School Started Yet?

Most Catholic schools have their class orientations this week and then start back up next week

You can not do true doubles anymore so it doesn't matter. Starting school earlier helps some programs as there is more stable transportation for kids.

Wilmington starts after Labor Day. I personally think this hurts. The first game week of the season the kids will not be in a routine and IMO it makes a team sluggish.

When I was in school, around the end of the season, every year we had a teacher institute or teacher conferences on a Friday. It was always a weird day and I feel like sitting around at home all day (or going out and doing dumb high school kid stuff) hurt us come game time.

Wilmington starts after Labor Day. I personally think this hurts. The first game week of the season the kids will not be in a routine and IMO it makes a team sluggish.

When I was in school, around the end of the season, every year we had a teacher institute or teacher conferences on a Friday. It was always a weird day and I feel like sitting around at home all day (or going out and doing dumb high school kid stuff) hurt us come game time.
That's a late start. That certainly seems to be the exception. Any idea why ?

That's a late start. That certainly seems to be the exception. Any idea why ?
HVAC overhaul at one of the buildings. Supposedly they will get out for summer around the same time they normally would by shortening a few of the breaks and skipping some of the other typical days off.

Reactions: forlouann
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT