ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday night road trip

Jul 25, 2002
I'll be in Pullman on Saturday afternoon for the 1 p.m. kickoff with Sterling and Brooks.

After the game, I'll be writing a pair of articles for my newspaper, and then what? May as well see another game. Looking for some recommendations. Elmwood/Evergreen (5)? OPRF/Rice (6)? Or do I speed up to Gurnee to catch Warren/HC (7)?

Reactions: SGW08
here are the games I’m considering going to...
OPRF/Rice @6
Marist@Naperville Central @7
NND@Crystal lake south @7
All look to be good games

Gurnee .... Come see the Best front 7 in Illinois. You hane not seen nothing like it. Reminds you of the 85 Bears ....

I'll be in Pullman on Saturday afternoon for the 1 p.m. kickoff with Sterling and Brooks.

After the game, I'll be writing a pair of articles for my newspaper, and then what? May as well see another game. Looking for some recommendations. Elmwood/Evergreen (5)? OPRF/Rice (6)? Or do I speed up to Gurnee to catch Warren/HC (7)?

OPRF-BR!

Reactions: jobou127 and Bwm57

as i stated in another post, elm pk vs evrg pk should be the most competitive
but BR is the highest (and very possibly a state champion team) 2 see afterwards. Some think this BR/OPRF matchup will be competitive, I think not.. So do you wan't to see a very real chanpionship contender or a nail biter.
Your call.

so it comes down to, elmwood pk/evergreen pk in basically a tossup or brother rice by something.

I don’t know who would go see Elmwood Park vs Evergreen Park unless they had a connection to either. With all due respect to both they are not good football teams.

Reactions: jobou127
True but if you want to see a tossup game that's one of them, all I'm saying.
Plus its close to the Gately.

also you may want to consider watching Brooks for a half then driving a mile north from 111th to 103rd street and catch the second half of the Phillips/PR game which also should be a very close and entertaning game.

Reactions: SGW08
OPRF will defeat BR in a close game. Not sure why everyone has so much confidence in a BR team that was 2-7 a year ago. Lots of pressure on a team with not a lot of experience winning.

Totally forgot about NC/Marist. It is on my way home. That may be it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT