ADVERTISEMENT

Round 2 playoff musts

RPG24

Nov 9, 2021
Lagrange
Is there a game that sticks out that I must attend ? I’m looking to go a game both Friday and Saturday. I live in riverside but I’m willing to travel up to an hour or so Thx gents

Lemont faithful making the trip to Quincy. I pray you get out of Adams County before 10pm. QHS is well known for their late starts. They tend to put more emphasis on their band and flag teams performances than the football game itself. This is probably bc they've only won 2 playoff games in their history.

Reactions: EdgyTim
LA vs Edwardsville is the best game no one will see.

LA w/o 1st and 2nd string RBs - 4-5 guys on sideline on crutches last Sat (RBs injuries cost LA a state championship vs lockport a few years ago when the 5th string back fumbled/ineffective)

Edwardsville is vastly underrated - look at schedule / lost to ESL, O Fallon and Christian Bros (MO stud team, top 100 nationally ranked)

LA w/o 1st and 2nd string RBs - 4-5 guys on sideline on crutches last Sat (RBs injuries cost LA a state championship vs lockport a few years ago when the 5th string back fumbled/ineffective)

Edwardsville is vastly underrated - look at schedule / lost to ESL, O Fallon and Christian Bros (MO stud team, top 100 nationally ranked)
A real potential for an upset with all the LA injuries and especially if Edwardsville only has to defend for 3 downs instead of 4.

2A
Decatur St Teresa (10-0) at Athens (8-2)
St Teresa has been very impressive this year and is the South bracket favorite. Athens plays and competes well in a conference with Maroa and Williamsville, both of whom have won state titles in the past.

4A
Murphysboro (8-2) at Macomb (10-0)
This game will prove how good Macomb is this year. They are unbeaten and get another home game, but have mostly played 2A and 3A teams. Murphysboro travels well and played in the 4A title game in 2019.

6A
East St Louis (8-2) at Normal West (9-1)
If you’re from Northern IL and want to check them out, this is a chance to see East St. Louis play and not have to travel quite so far. I’ve also heard that Normal West has a very nice facility.

(4)York at (18)Marist, Saturday 1pm

York having a really nice season but does not play in the CCL Blue. They have good wins against some quality opponents and the DGN game could've gone either way depending on who you ask. Marist only real blemish was the game at MC and lost close ones to LA & GBW which they were in till the end. Marist is battle tested and will not be fazed by York imo. They handled NN last week and I don't see anything changing this weekend. I have Marist advancing to the quarters.

Who ya got & why?

(4)York at (18)Marist, Saturday 1pm

York having a really nice season but does not play in the CCL Blue. They have good wins against some quality opponents and the DGN game could've gone either way depending on who you ask. Marist only real blemish was the game at MC and lost close ones to LA & GBW which they were in till the end. Marist is battle tested and will not be fazed by York imo. They handled NN last week and I don't see anything changing this weekend. I have Marist advancing to the quarters.

Who ya got & why?
I haven’t seen Marist play but I have seen York and I wasn’t impressed, I’ll take Marist

I'm usually not one to do tout the "if A = B, and B = C, then A = C" doctrine. But Marist played GBW tight and York beat GBW. So maybe York can make it a game. My intuition is saying Marist wins the game relatively easily. Looking for some 2022 tape of York.

Reactions: Jenny27

Edwardsville has been without their starting running back for the last game and a half. Granted, he's no where near the stud that Loyola's backs are, but it still hurts the limited Eville offense. With that being said, even with their starting running back and Loyola without theirs, Eville's chances are pretty slim in this one.

I'm usually not one to do tout the "if A = B, and B = C, then A = C" doctrine. But Marist played GBW tight and York beat GBW. So maybe York can make it a game. My intuition is saying Marist wins the game relatively easily. Looking for some 2022 tape of York.
Marist turned it over quite a bit in first half. I think Marists defense held them scoreless in the second half.

Reactions: dweise
You can find all of York's games on YouTube. They stream and archive all home games, and some away games.

Reactions: dweise
Edwardsville is a football venue and overall sports complex that all high school fans should experience. LA fans should be able to afford the road trip and maybe even an overnight bag for the hotel stay. No reason the stands for the visitors should be empty.

Edwardsville is a football venue and overall sports complex that all high school fans should experience. LA fans should be able to afford the road trip and maybe even an overnight bag for the hotel stay. No reason the stands for the visitors should be empty.
Or the Tiger fans could even open their homes to some of the Rambler faithful. Donations would be welcome to defray costs, of course.

4A
Murphysboro (8-2) at Macomb (10-0)
This game will prove how good Macomb is this year. They are unbeaten and get another home game, but have mostly played 2A and 3A teams. Murphysboro travels well and played in the 4A title game in 2019.
I think QND showed us all what Macomb is. The Bombers have a solid QB with a few athletes sprinkled around. But an average 5-4 QND who limped in on the last day ate their o-line up for most the game getting 4 sacks and by my count 8 hits on the QB. If Murphysboro has some dawgs in the front 8 and can score some points, they should pull the "upset."

Reactions: rocketnation
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT