ADVERTISEMENT

Round 2 Best Matchups

Wasn’t there a regional swimming meet somewhere a few years back that caused a concern for parking and available staff. Either way, no date and time can be set without Visitor approval.
I believe when StN hosted MC they also had a swimming meet going on at the school didn’t change anything other than terrible parking.

I believe when StN hosted MC they also had a swimming meet going on at the school didn’t change anything other than terrible parking.
Ok, St. Viator and Sterling ACT gate or the dozens (hundreds) the IHSA has had to rule on. I don’t know or understand the point you’re trying to make. Visitor has to agree to the day and time in all cases.

Ok, St. Viator and Sterling ACT gate or the dozens (hundreds) the IHSA has had to rule on. I don’t know or understand the point you’re trying to make. Visitor has to agree to the day and time in all cases.

My point was Batavia should have said they wanted to play on Saturday, MC can ask for whenever but I just wouldn’t have agreed to it if I was Batavia.

Reactions: RockSoup
I think the Batavia coaches feel everyone is in the same boat so keeping the same routine works for them and since the stadium is so small might as well just deal and get after it. hopefully to have "one more week"..

I think the Batavia coaches feel everyone is in the same boat so keeping the same routine works for them and since the stadium is so small might as well just deal and get after it. hopefully to have "one more week"..
They’re not the only ones. It seems that this year, many have agreed to more Friday night playoff games than in the past.

Thought there were no pre ticket sales, which in my mind means first come first serve.. Pretty sure that most of Carmel fans don't live close either and will be coming from their jobs like many Batavia fans..
Aren’t all schools required to use the IHSA approved ticketing app/website this year? Or did I misunderstand that?

if so, I don’t believe any are truly spoken for, but if the capacity is a little over 2000, I am sure that MC fans will snatch up at least half of that or so. Meaning, at the most, there is room for maybe 1000 Batavia fans or a little more than that.

Aren’t all schools required to use the IHSA approved ticketing app/website this year? Or did I misunderstand that?

if so, I don’t believe any are truly spoken for, but if the capacity is a little over 2000, I am sure that MC fans will snatch up at least half of that or so. Meaning, at the most, there is room for maybe 1000 Batavia fans or a little more than that.
I know for the state series for some other sports they have required tickets to be purchased via an IHSA 3rd party app.

Glenbard West was selling "tickets" right at the gate.

Home team offers but Visitor must agree. Visitor proposes another time and Home may not be able to accommodate. If either team cannot come to an agreement between themselves, the IHSA will hear both sides and determine the day and time.
All games are Saturday unless both schools agree to Friday night. If two schools don't agree on a time for Saturday, IHSA will step in and set the time.

Normal scored a ton of points in a very soft conference. Jacobs rolls BIG in this one.
Normal typically plays tough during the playoffs. I remember watching film against MC and they gave MC all they could handle losing by 1. Not sure anyone is going to just roll Normal. I could be wrong but I don't see them being rolled?

Saturday is the day no agreement game is at 6pm
So Neuqua/Palatine was one of the last posted times, which is Saturday at 6pm. Are we to assume the schools couldn’t come to an agreement so the IHSA set that time for them?

So Neuqua/Palatine was one of the last posted times, which is Saturday at 6pm. Are we to assume the schools couldn’t come to an agreement so the IHSA set that time for them?
Good question. I know most schools like that Saturday night game especially in the big classes.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
This is from the IHSA Manual.
I don’t know that there is anything that says the default time is 6:00pm.

“Friday Games: If participating schools mutually agree, any game prior to the State Final may be played Friday. Games shall not be scheduled during
school hours.
Saturday Games: All games shall be scheduled between 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Exact starting times shall be determined by the host school after consulting with the visiting school. If a problem exists with the home school’s start time, the IHSA will set the start time after consulting with both schools.
The IHSA Office will post all game days and starting times on the IHSA’s Web Site at www.ihsa.org. as soon as they have been determined.”

-St Francis vs Genoa
:If Francis plays the way they did against IC I see them winning this game comfortably. .IC looked like an average team at best a couple Fridays ago at Kuhn stadium.SF dominated all 48 minutes.. SF has lots of athletes and speed.., Conference overall player of the year and Conference offensive MVP (Adam Criter), Conference Defensive MVP (Sammy Atkins), Conference Lineman MVP (TJ McMillen), 2019 this matchup wasn't very close. But also a very different team this year with no Rittenhouse.. Francis by 2 scores.

-Fenwick vs Boylan is an interesting matchup.. Going with Boylan with the upset.. i think in this matchup the team who takes care of the ball wins, and I think Boylan is going to make it a slow paced dog fight and control clock.

-MT Carmel vs Batavia
:Not as good of a matchup as it would have been in previous years. But im going with MT Carmel. Batavia is the same story every year imo, overrated and ranked high because of previous teams success. With that said, those previous teams usually end up losing in the 2nd of 3rd round. Mt Carmel by 17-21

-St Francis vs Genoa
:If Francis plays the way they did against IC I see them winning this game comfortably. .IC looked like an average team at best a couple Fridays ago at Kuhn stadium.SF dominated all 48 minutes.. SF has lots of athletes and speed.., Conference overall player of the year and Conference offensive MVP (Adam Criter), Conference Defensive MVP (Sammy Atkins), Conference Lineman MVP (TJ McMillen), 2019 this matchup wasn't very close. But also a very different team this year with no Rittenhouse.. Francis by 2 scores.

-Fenwick vs Boylan is an interesting matchup.. Going with Boylan with the upset.. i think in this matchup the team who takes care of the ball wins, and I think Boylan is going to make it a slow paced dog fight and control clock.

-MT Carmel vs Batavia
:Not as good of a matchup as it would have been in previous years. But im going with MT Carmel. Batavia is the same story every year imo, overrated and ranked high because of previous teams success. With that said, those previous teams usually end up losing in the 2nd of 3rd round. Mt Carmel by 17-21
Any word on if SF will have their starting QB?

Good question. I know most schools like that Saturday night game especially in the big classes.
In Palatine's case, I believe Saturday night games are fairly abnormal. If memory serves, I think they usually are Saturday afternoon.

-St Francis vs Genoa

-MT Carmel vs Batavia

I agree with your St. Francis vs. Genoa prognostication, after all, St. Francis is named after me.

I think Fenwick wins this one by a touchdown. They played a much tougher schedule and played with some of the hotter CCL teams this year LA & IGGY. They did have a bad loss to Provi though.

Not sure I get your comments on Batavia being overrated. They won arguably the toughest public school conference going 9-0. Their non-cons were scheduled assuming Phillips was still "Phillips" and Oswego is always tough. I think this is going to be a heck of a game, could go either way.

I think South Elgin at Marist is going to be a good game. Both destroyed Glenbard East. South Elgin has allowed only 42 pts in 10 games.

Reactions: stl705
I agree with your St. Francis vs. Genoa prognostication, after all, St. Francis is named after me.

I think Fenwick wins this one by a touchdown. They played a much tougher schedule and played with some of the hotter CCL teams this year LA & IGGY. They did have a bad loss to Provi though.

Not sure I get your comments on Batavia being overrated. They won arguably the toughest public school conference going 9-0. Their non-cons were scheduled assuming Phillips was still "Phillips" and Oswego is always tough. I think this is going to be a heck of a game, could go either way.

Guess we’ll find out how good Batavia’s conference is this week.. personally I agree with you, I think that conf is the 2nd best in the entire state.

Should be an awesome game, give me Batavia over MC in OT, 28-27.

For Class 5, 6, , 7 & 8, I would think they would want to start adjusting their schedules to Saturday since the Championships are on Saturday. I would also assume moving game times to the Championship game times would help?

I know they cant play games at 10AM but 6A 1:00, 7A 4:00 and 8A-7:00.

-St Francis vs Genoa

-MT Carmel vs Batavia

That's an interesting take. This is a great matchup. Two of the top teams in 7A this year. I agree that Batavia is the same story every year. They are always really good and have a great track record in the playoffs in recent history. In the last six playoffs, Batavia is 16-4 with 2 state titles and a semi-final appearance. That is NOT "usually end up losing in 2nd and 3rd round". There are very few teams in the state that have had that kind of success in that time frame. To call Batavia overrated is just silly and uninformed.

Last edited:
I think the matchups for the FVC this week are intriguing.

I agree Cary rolls this week. No slight at all what Grayslake has done, Cary is that good.

CLC Deerfield will be a good game. I don’t know how well Deerfield can handle the power running game of CLC.

Same is true for Normal vs Jacobs. Normal has great athletes and speed, Jacobs is very powerful. Good contrast.

What I think everyone is sleeping on is Wauconda PR.

Yes that PR offense is a challenge, but the speed Wauconda brings is no joke. Could be higher scoring as neither defense is overwhelming. But I think this will be a great game. I’ll be back if I’m wrong
Fox Valley rolled.
Wauconda was down 28-0 in the 1st quarter.

This week, I see us and PR in collision course for 6A....again. Jacobs has areal shot here, and I like them in the upset.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Fox Valley rolled.
Wauconda was down 28-0 in the 1st quarter.

This week, I see us and PR in collision course for 6A....again. Jacobs has areal shot here, and I like them in the upset.
I was wrong last week but that Lake Forest defense is no joke. Will be real tight game at Lake Forest

I was wrong last week but that Lake Forest defense is no joke. Will be real tight game at Lake Forest
Because they gave over-rated Warren a game?
Also, when you say wrong....PR running clocked Wauc/them by half....
That LF D got beat good allowing 40+ by 3-6 Carmel...
IF Lake Forest beats PR, it's because their offense could put up big numbers against PR crawling D. That zasty kid adds a different level on O. Not that will cause us issues, but teams that don't know the triple O....nighmares..

Reactions: Wolffan64
IF Lake Forest beats PR, it's because their offense could put up big numbers against PR crawling D. That zasty kid adds a different level on O. Not that will cause us issues, but teams that don't know the triple O....nighmares..

All legitimate points but LF was missing 9 starters due to Covid vs 3-6 Carmel so I wouldn’t look at that game for insight.

That's an interesting take. This is a great matchup. Two of the top teams in 7A this year. I agree that Batavia is the same story every year. They are always really good and have a great track record in the playoffs in recent history. In the last six playoffs, Batavia is 16-4 with 2 state titles and a semi-final appearance. That is NOT "usually end up losing in 2nd and 3rd round". There are very few teams in the state that have had that kind of success in that time frame. To call Batavia overrated is just silly and uninformed.

The Batavia hot take was almost as spot on as his take on St Francis.

Reactions: USD24
Yah don’t let facts ruin your story 26-14 was the final. 9 starters down due to Covid protocols. But hey don’t let the facts ruin a good argument. 26 I believe was the most points they allowed in a game all year. But hey those nasty little facts get in the way again.

Warren overrated? That’s your argument?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT