ADVERTISEMENT

Rochester 35 @ Chicago Simeon 14, Final

FB1976

Aug 26, 2023
1:30 Start. RHS punts after 3 and out on 1st possession. Same for Simeon.

RHS 2nd Possession: Jacobs TD called back on questionable Offensive P.I. call. Lots of flags...very sloppy play. Officials calling game tight! Stanton 37 yd. Td catch. Defensive penalty leads to Rockets going for 2. 4 play drive, 68 yds.

Simeon 2nd poss.: bad snap on punt. Rockets takeover inside Simeon 10 yd. Line.

RHS 3rd poss.: 24 yd FG good. 11-0

Simeon 3rd poss: Bad punt snap again. RHS takes over at Simeon 3 yrd line.

RHS 4th poss: End of Q1

Very messy Q1...lots of penalties, bad snaps on Simeon part, lack of effective Red Zone punch on RHS part.

Last edited:
Simeon's offense up to this point is basic, feels like a blowout brewing by Rochester. 1:20 left in 1Q. They need a spark

Simeon's offense up to this point is basic, feels like a blowout brewing by Rochester. 1:20 left in 1Q. They need a spark
Welp, no spark there. Fumbled punt inside the 5, Rochester starts from Simeon 1yd line. FG Rochester

There's your spark.....Bad kick coverage by RHS leads to a 95 yd. KO return. 14-7 RHS

2 straight PI penalties called on Simeon. Bad pass coverage by the Wolverines. Not sure what happened. Appeared to pick up the flag or some off setting penalty.

Rockets punt...too many penalties and sloppy play. Lots of early season jitters causing errors.

Last edited:
Simeon pinned back inside 10...again

Another F-ing penalty....that must be 20 penalties so far.

Somehow we went from 3rd down to 2nd down?? Refs came together and now the game clock is stopped weirdly.

Simeon getting into a flow now...two first downs.

Had to punt it away.

Now Rockets in a flow, keeping it on the ground. Aaaaannnddd another penalty.

Last edited:
Reactions: cigaros
TD Mason Jacobs....but called back because he leaped a player. Is that a penalty? Seems like I remember that, but BS.

Yep...that's the penalty.

• Wow
Reactions: cigaros
TD Ethan Fordham...4 yd. Run up the middle. Lach PAT good. 21-7.

Simeon turns over on downs....then a late flag for UC. End of Half

Last edited:
3Q

Simeon going to the air more so far in the 2nd half.

Bad bad call on that reception. We was bobbling the ball and was out of bounds.

1st/Goal Simeon on good series. TD Simeon. I forsee more passing from here on out for Simeon. Lots of success in the flat and outside the numbers on that drive. Rockets will have a lot to work on this week in practice or Cardinal Ritter will issue a stompin'.

Rocket punt...Speed disparity is being highlighted in the last two series. Rockets have to play smarter ball...they can't compete athletically here.

Buecker and crew need to send the house more...Wolverines getting tired and not staying on blocks. Every blitz they're getting into the backfield before the QB can get set.

Last edited:
4Q

Simeon gets backed up and has to punt. Kicked OOB

Nice run Mason Jacobs. Another nice Jacobs run. TD Carlson. 28-14

Simeon goes for it on 4th and 7...incomplete pass...RHS takes over on downs.

I feel 85% of the flags have come from one ref.

TD Fordham...35-14

Simeon 3 and out. Punt. Zulauf fumbles and Simeon recovers. Tanner Beal interception on ensuing play.

VF for Rockets.

Last edited:
Ugh...not a pretty game, but a standard Game 1 performance. Too many penalties, sloppy play at times, but pretty solid play by the Rocket D.

Lots to work on before Ritter! Could get ugly if this performance repeats.

Reactions: rocketnation
The Defense was pretty good. Huge sack by Nolan Klatt when Simeon was down only 21-14 in the 3rd. Special teams gave up a score, though the refs ignored a blatant block in the back that should have nullified it (just like the 3 Rocket TD's called back on penalties).

The Offense started slow but ran the ball better starting in the 2nd Quarter. Don't think Zulauf was under pressure when throwing more than 1 or 2 times. One bad drop but otherwise the receivers had several big plays.

Lach Sullivan had 2 FG's and solid kickoffs.

Ugh...not a pretty game, but a standard Game 1 performance. Too many penalties, sloppy play at times, but pretty solid play by the Rocket D.

Lots to work on before Ritter! Could get ugly if this performance repeats.
I felt much better about the effort than the Belleville West scrimmage. A 3-hour Saturday morning bus ride to face a team in Edgy Tim's 6A Top Ten worried me more and more as the week went on. Week 1 type issues did occur but really thought the Rockets were in control most of the game (minus the 3rd Quarter). Certain circumstances out of Derek's control kept the score closer than what I saw on the field.

Regardless, Ritter will still be a huge challenge. They beat a pretty good Missouri team today 44-7.

Last edited:
Reactions: cigaros and FB1976
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT