ADVERTISEMENT

Rice 35 Larry 6

Topiary

Jul 9, 2001
Larry played some decent defense - the loss of their Senior QB is appraent. Just can't get a lot of good O going. Rice playing much better than earlier in year. Now playoff eligible. Get by Iggy next week and can go into playoffs at 6-3 and perhas a rematch vs Batavia and then MC. Oddly wish they would petition up to play Marist again.

Larry played some decent defense - the loss of their Senior QB is appraent. Just can't get a lot of good O going. Rice playing much better than earlier in year. Now playoff eligible. Get by Iggy next week and can go into playoffs at 6-3 and perhas a rematch vs Batavia and then MC. Oddly wish they would petition up to play Marist again.
Iggy had a bad loss tonight to Montini, BR shouldn't have issue with them. Tonight's loss eliminated Iggy from the playoffs unless they can upset Rice and get in at 4-5. Blue Division was a bit too much for them this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: crusaderpride
Iggy had a bad loss tonight to Montini, BR shouldn't have issue with them. Tonight's loss eliminated them from the playoffs unless they can upset Rice and get in at 4-5. Blue Division was a bit too much for them this year.
Disappointed. Found out it sure isn’t cupcake Indiana football. Even with him probably not a W

Last edited:
BR lost to three quality teams in Marist, SR, and Loyola, all by 7 points each. They are solid team, a team one would not like to have in the first round after finishing 8-1. The schedule/conference has them ready to go. I am told they are also healthy (knock wood).

BR sophs looking to finish 7-2 (23-4 at that level the last 3 seasons at that level), while the BR freshman are seeking their 3rd CCL Blue title in a row. Their freshman have lost 1 game in 3 seasons. Trust me I understand that Fresh and Soph Looking like records and titles do not lead to varsity success but looking like good days ahead at BR.

Good luck to the Vikes in the playoffs.

Reactions: tmjgrady and eireog
BR lost to three quality teams in Marist, SR, and Loyola, all by 7 points each. They are solid team, a team one would not like to have in the first round after finishing 8-1. The schedule/conference has them ready to go. I am told they are also healthy (knock wood).

BR sophs looking to finish 7-2 (23-4 at that level the last 3 seasons at that level), while the BR freshman are seeking their 3rd CCL Blue title in a row. Their freshman have lost 1 game in 3 seasons. Trust me I understand that Fresh and Soph Looking like records and titles do not lead to varsity success but looking like good days ahead at BR.

Good luck to the Vikes in the playoffs.
Earlier in the season, to me at least, it didn’t look like they were always playing with a lot of passion. Really felt that way against Rita. But they look like they’ve picked up a lot of momentum starting with the victory against MC, even with QB out.

I agree that under class records aren’t a guarantee of future success, but they do point to potential for future success. Hopefully it all pans out and I can eat my words about 100MPH

Reactions: Silver Rain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT