ADVERTISEMENT

Reflections from Lake Forest game last night

LFBooster

Nov 10, 2012
Something clicked for this team two weeks ago when they were facing elimination in the 4th Qtr at Stevenson. They came back from a 20 point deficit to qualify for the playoffs.

Then last week they came back from a 14 point deficit to advance.

Last night I witnessed a team that I think has become the real deal and I think has a legit shot at playing in DeKalb in 3 weeks. The defense played great and the offense played almost as great. They had two long touchdown drives.

That Uihlein kid has got to be one of the hardest hitters in the State; and he is quick. (It’s no wonder why as a junior he’s being recruited by Wisconsin and other big time programs). He laid a guy out in the 4th Qtr on a pass over the middle like Dick Butkus used to. I would not want to be a receiver or a running back running anywhere near him.

And Rylie Mills. Kaneland tripled him all night, yet he was still disruptive as hell. They always ran the opposite direction. He had one batted ball that killed a Kaneland drive and pretty much sealed the game.

And then the two sophomore cornerbacks. Where did they come from? They each forced a fumble and one of those forces saved a touchdown on a long pass from Kaneland. The kid caught up with the receiver and tomahawked the ball at the goal line, which was recovered by LF. He did something similar the week before. The other one also had an early inception that set up the first touchdown.

It is looks like LF is becoming the big time D that many believed they would at the right time.

Uihlein is also a beast in the running game. They only used him in short yardage but he scored 3 of the 5 touchdowns last night and now has 5 touchdowns in the playoffs (on like 20 or so carries overall - that’s just plain SICK!).

The junior quarterback (Hoskins) had to have had over 100 yards rushing last night. His passes were accurate and he saw the field very well.

Spagnoli had a great game plan. They opened in no huddle and played that for most of the first half. Kaneland was not ready for that and got gassed right away.

I know I may be drinking the cool aid but I would encourage anyone who wants to see what I’m talking about to go watch the game next week in person to see for yourself. If they play like they did last night, you will witness something special.

They played lights out ..QB had a great game and D was stout. I saw what you saw. Any chance Kaneland had a opening to get back in it, it closed quickly. I thought at halftime when we came out and got that fumble on the kickoff we were going to be back in it. But the under thrown ball to the end zone on the wide open receiver really hurt. I thought maybe if we got that touchdown that would spark the boys.
Good luck next week.

On a side note, we had about 25-30 people at Silo and everybody raved about the pizza. Great call.

Glad you guys liked the pizza. LF really made Kaneland look slow. Even if Kaneland had converted on that 2nd half kickoff it would have just been delaying the inevitable. Impressive win for LF, great stands (first time there for me), but barely half-full? Grant you they are huge by HS standards. I hope they host another game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT