ADVERTISEMENT

ramblinman..........

MWittman

Nov 22, 2004
ramblin:

Have you heard anything about the appointment of a new AD at LA? It was my understanding the position was to be filled by early January.

When Fred Wright stepped down in 1981, he was replaced virtually immediately by Bill Graf, who shifted over from another spot within the school leadership. Upon Graf's retirement in 1997, John Hoerster was named almost immediately to assume the post. After John's untimely death, the school asked Pat Mahoney to take the office, but did conduct a search before officially naming him some months later.

I am aware the administration asked the gal from Admissions to look after all things Athletics, but this was in August. I assume LA's AD job would be considered a coveted position and attract widespread interest. Have you heard any news over the time-frame to hire or any potential candidates?

Last edited:
ramblin:

Have you heard anything about the appointment of a new AD at LA? It was my understanding the position was to be filled by early January.

When Fred Wright stepped down in 1981, he was replaced virtually immediately by Bill Graf, who shifted over from another spot within the school leadership. Upon Graf's retirement in 1997, John Hoerster was named almost immediately to assume the post. After John's untimely death, the school asked Pat Mahoney to take the office, but did conduct a search before officially naming him some months later.

I am aware the administration asked the gal from Admissions to look after all things Athletics, but this was in August. I assume LA's AD job would be considered a coveted position and attract widespread interest. Have you heard any news over the time-frame to hire or any potential candidates?

Nothing through the grapevine. The position is still posted on the LA website. https://www.applitrack.com/loyola/o...ansferform.Url=&category=Athletics/Activities

LA had the best chocolate chip cookies in the '90's. They were pure cookie dough. Now they have Bowie bars that are not tasty but very nutritious.
Whoa Naz had the best. Sounds very similar though. Maybe there was a private school cooking standard class which included half raw cookies.

Whoa Naz had the best. Sounds very similar though. Maybe there was a private school cooking standard class which included half raw cookies.
Chris Tat once tried to eat 25 dollars worth of those in season. it did not end well as that was like 50 cookies.

Had the same cookies at the old Joliet Catholic

This is 100% accurate.

giphy.gif

ramblinman:

This makes sense. I don't know the gal, but I do know the family name. From the person with whom I spoke about her hire, she will be a good fit for the job and she seems to be roundly embraced for it.

Quite frankly, I was confused as to why it took so long if she had expressed interest in the position, but this is how LA operates sometimes.

ramblinman:

This makes sense. I don't know the gal, but I do know the family name. From the person with whom I spoke about her hire, she will be a good fit for the job and she seems to be roundly embraced for it.

Quite frankly, I was confused as to why it took so long if she had expressed interest in the position, but this is how LA operates sometimes.

I also know the family name, but not her. Maybe the job was hers to lose or refuse, and they both just wanted to see how the first semester went with her at the helm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT