ADVERTISEMENT

Quinn Priester of CG - MLB Draft

CGsupporter

Sep 29, 2009
CG senior DB and WR Quinn Priester, a pitcher who committed to TCU sophomore year (NW offered him freshman year), is expected to go in the first two rounds of the MLB draft this year. There have been games this year with scouts from every major league team clocking his throws and observing him. Great kid and would be fun to see him make it to the bigs.

CG senior DB and WR Quinn Priester, a pitcher who committed to TCU sophomore year (NW offered him freshman year), is expected to go in the first two rounds of the MLB draft this year. There have been games this year with scouts from every major league team clocking his throws and observing him. Great kid and would be fun to see him make it to the bigs.
Easy on the bigs! don’t curse the kid before he gets started.Lots of things have to go his way to make it.

Easy on the bigs! don’t curse the kid before he gets started.Lots of things have to go his way to make it.

He’s the No,15 prospect in this years MLB draft. He’s topped out at 97 twice and is an easy 94 with the fastball.

It’s not a matter of if he will get drafted but when. Phenomenal talent and an even better kid. Is talented enough to play college football if he so chooses. But he’s a first round pick provided he stays healthy.

He’s the No,15 prospect in this years MLB draft. He’s topped out at 97 twice and is an easy 94 with the fastball.

It’s not a matter of if he will get drafted but when. Phenomenal talent and an even better kid. Is talented enough to play college football if he so chooses. But he’s a first round pick provided he stays healthy.
I have read about him already sounds great.

Reactions: CGsupporter
I remember seeing Mike Folty at Minooka and covered his first start his senior year against Andrew for WJOL....had scouts from every single MLB team in attendance...and it's worked out just fine for him.

From everything I've heard here in Cary, he's a great kid and I hope he succeeds. He's still a developing kid and I hope he takes care of that arm. Baseball is a funny, unpredictable game for pitchers.

From everything I've heard here in Cary, he's a great kid and I hope he succeeds. He's still a developing kid and I hope he takes care of that arm. Baseball is a funny, unpredictable game for pitchers.
Happened to me.A lot things have to fall into place.From what everyone is saying,sounds like he’s got a good shot.

Happened to me.A lot things have to fall into place.From what everyone is saying,sounds like he’s got a good shot.

Yah agreed. He missed almost all last season with a forearm strain. It’s a fickle game but he’s a great kid. So smooth in his delivery. Had a scout tell me down in Marion he was almost too smooth. Not sure what that means

Yah agreed. He missed almost all last season with a forearm strain. It’s a fickle game but he’s a great kid. So smooth in his delivery. Had a scout tell me down in Marion he was almost too smooth. Not sure what that means
Too smooth may indicate that he has already peaked potential wise.

He said easy on the “bigs.” Big difference between the “bigs” and going pro in baseball, particularly if sign out of HS. TCU does have a track record of getting kids to come even after being a first or second round pick so maybe they can work their magic again. But being as it is in baseball if you can command a big signing bonus I’d take the money and go pro. College (and your brain for the most part) will always be there.... the pros, money, and your arm will not! You can pay for a lot of college with an early round signing bonus if things don’t work out. That said the world of high end D1 baseball today is a lot nicer way to spend 3-4 years compared to minor league baseball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT