ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Hit: Northwestern Class of 2018 In State

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Northwestern Class of 2018 Signing List

Quick Hit on Northwestern In State Recruiting: Solid, very solid if not strong in this class. I love how the Wildcats and Pat Fitzgerald and staff identifies it's recruiting target very early on in the process, establishes itself then rides those kids well. While 6 kids doesn't make a windfall...when you have a signing class of 17-18 in total each year (no one ever transfers out of NW thus the lowered signing numbers each year) the overall percentage of in-state to OOS is still very solid in my opinion. The headliner is LWE DE Devin O'Rourke and for good reason. O'Rourke is in several ways like former Boylan and Wildcat Dean Lowry, yet I feel that O'Rourke is bigger and more athlete than Lowry was at this stage. I also really like former GBN and IMG Academy DB Greg Newsome and the in state class overall just is a good. solid and strong group of names and additions.

Also no program will benefit more from the Early Signing Day than the Wildcats did or will from here on out. The stability of the coaches along with the demand to go to Northwestern will always allow the Wildcats to sign kids early.

More in depth breakdown to follow shortly stay tuned.

Reactions: epicbret
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News