ADVERTISEMENT

Question,active list of ihsa coaches with 20 plus years of experience.

St. Rita Head Coach Todd Kuska is in his 22nd year as Head Coach of the Mustangs

Reactions: tomloner
I think I found the potential winner , ,,,,,,,, after days of research,,
DOMINCK RICCORDINO,, 50 years. Yes fifty. .still going strong from what I hear .
This man was a vital tool in several state championships ,wherever he coached championships were definitely on the horizon .

Cooney has been a player, coach or head coach at Oswego all but his 4 years in college since the early 90's.

Currently at MC you got Dave Lenti, Mark Antonetti and Bill Nolan all over 20 years there

I'd venture to guess there's on average at least one coach in every program that's coached 20+ years

Reactions: ignazio
Hasnt Rich Zinanni been at BIshop Mac since the Middle A

ges?

Zinanni, I believe, was a student in the first senior class from Bishop McNamara as well when the school opened and moved from downtown St. Patricks...45 years as head coach...

Wilmington is on only its second coach since like 1965? Field is named for Howie Becker 65-93, stadium for Reents 94-present...they are the only football coaches since the middle school, previously the high school, was built in the late 60's. Rob Murphy took wrestling over from Becker as well in 94...

RJ Haines, Manteno, 14 of the 18 years the Panthers played football so far..4 years prior at Gilman Iroquois West, '03 2A champs...

Dan Wetzel, Herscher, 18 years, football; Regez, baseball, since 1993; Oloffson, hoops, since 1986 but for '09-'15...Livesey, cross country, since even longer - retired this year.

Brian Spooner, Clifton Central, 21 years...

DOMINCK RICCORDINO,, 50 years. Yes fifty. .still going strong from what I hear .
This man was a vital tool in several state championships ,wherever he coached championships were definitely on the horizon .
Where is he now? He has been an influential guy for a lot of catholic school football players.

Wilmington is on only its second coach since like 1965? Field is named for Howie Becker 65-93, stadium for Reents 94-present...they are the only football coaches since the middle school, previously the high school, was built in the late 60's. Rob Murphy took wrestling over from Becker as well in 94...

Wilmington has only had 8 coaches total for football. Program started in the 1940s. Pretty impressive.

Darren Fortin. Longtime assistant, first year HC at Marian of the Sticks.

Not being argumentative, but curious to learn more about this gentlemen I searched a bit. Not sure where you got your information, but by his own account he had a 36 year run, maybe 42 if he is still active but has not updated his own LinkedIn profile.

Impressive regardless!!! :)

Aug 1978 – Jun 2013 — 34 years 11 months
Mt. Carmel H.S. ICCP, Montini, ST. L. Stagg, Fenwick, St. Pats, St. Teresa, Marian Central.

Jun 1977 – Jun 1979 — 2 years 1 month
St. Theresa H.S.

Reactions: RockSoup
He is my son's O line coach at St Laurence. He absolutely loves him.

Bob Corra - Bolingbrook longtime DC / Defensive consultant. A great man. Has been at Bolingbrook for at least 30 years

Hasnt Rich Zinanni been at BIshop Mac since the Middle Ages?
Rich Zinanni is a 1965 graduate of Bishop McNamara High School. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Northern Illinois University. He holds a master’s degree in communication science from Governors State University. In 1970, Rich’s career at McNamara began where he taught business courses and physical education. In 1975, Rich was appointed as head football coach. During his career at McNamara, he served as dean of students, director of development, and athletic director. In 1983, Rich led the football team to their first Class 3A football championship title. Three more championship titles were earned in 1985, 1986, and 1987. In 1995, Rich was inducted into the Illinois High School Association Hall of Fame. In 1997, he was named the Midwest National Federation High School Coach of the Year. In 1998, he was inducted into the Chicago Catholic Coaches

Hall of Fame. Rich was awarded the Tony Lawless Award as Coach of the Year in the Chicago Catholic League in 1995, 2010 and 2012. He coached the U.S. Army AllAmerican Bowl in San Antonio, Texas in 2002. He has been honored twice by the Chicago Bears as High School Coach of the Week. Rich has served on the IHSA advisory board twice, from 1992-1998 and again from 2010-2014. In 2011, he received and was recognized for his 300th career win. Rich has coached several high school All-Star football games. He has coached the Illinois Shrine All-Star Game 6 times, and served as head coach twice. In 2012, Rich retired from his position as athletic director and remained as head football coach. This 2015 season marks his 41st year as McNamara’s head football coach. Rich’s career boasts a head coaching record, thus far through the 2015 season, of 332 wins and 125 losses. His teams have made the IHSA football playoffs 35 out of 41 years. Rich has an overall playoff record of 60 wins and 29 losses. Stay tuned as the current 2015 team has advanced to the state semi-finals. Rich has been a positive influence to an extraordinary number of young people in our community. He is committed to demonstrating his Catholic faith by ensuring the football team gathers for Mass prior to each home game. Prayer is always a part of the huddle. There are generations of young men and women who have benefited from his leadership. Rich and his wife Jane married in 1992.

Scott Hamilton at Tolono Unity . 3A/4A. 25 or 26 years ????? Made the playoffs every year except last year. 5 runner up finishes. He is also in the Hall of Fame.

Reactions: Gene K.
Not being argumentative, but curious to learn more about this gentlemen I searched a bit. Not sure where you got your information, but by his own account he had a 36 year run, maybe 42 if he is still active but has not updated his own LinkedIn profile.

Impressive regardless!!! :)

Aug 1978 – Jun 2013 — 34 years 11 months
Mt. Carmel H.S. ICCP, Montini, ST. L. Stagg, Fenwick, St. Pats, St. Teresa, Marian Central.

Jun 1977 – Jun 1979 — 2 years 1 month
St. Theresa H.S.
Dear sir,congrats to you on your making it like fake news,mr. Riccordino started coach in 1969 ,which is 50. Fifty years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT