ADVERTISEMENT

Q: Who gets exposed starting this weekend?

My guess is a closed conference. Which, in the grand scheme of things, is fair. However, if you know that team, I would be absolutely shocked if they got upset in the first round. I have them playing in the qtrs.
I havent seen them play this year. But from everything I’ve heard and read, they are certainly a force to be reckoned with in 8A

My guess is a closed conference. Which, in the grand scheme of things, is fair. However, if you know that team, I would be absolutely shocked if they got upset in the first round. I have them playing in the qtrs.

Not to mention they are playing a CPS school. This will be over by halftime.

The closed conference makes a lot of people overlook the Southwest Prairie. Lets not forget the past two years in the SPC...

2016: Plainfield North 7A Runner-up, Oswego and OE make 2nd-round

2017: Oswego 8A (beat Glenbard West) and Minooka 8A both make quarterfinals, PN makes 7A 2nd-round

Reactions: Gene K.
I don’t understand how Oswego beating a darn good Plainfield South team by a touchdown, puts them on upset alert. Particularly in the opening round.

I’m not so sure how “damn good” Plainfield South is (was). It was 35-3 at half agaisnt naperville Central. NC is a good team - but wow.... maybe they just had one of those “lay an egg and burn the game film” type of games? I’m now very interested to see how Minooka and Oswego East fare in their games today/tonite.

I’m not so sure how “damn good” Plainfield South is (was). It was 35-3 at half agaisnt naperville Central. NC is a good team - but wow.... maybe they just had one of those “lay an egg and burn the game film” type of games? I’m now very interested to see how Minooka and Oswego East fare in their games today/tonite.
Secondary got exposed. Especially the corners

Oswego in a lot of different ways seems to rise above how good/or not the conference is in most years....and outside of Minooka's run's last year the Panthers have been the only steady/constant.

8A
Bolingbrook
7a
Benet over Maine West
6A
CLS over Kenwood
Povi over Washington
Crete over Bloomington
5A
JC over metamora

Looks like Washington got exposed for being 35 points better than Provi.

Maine West prevails

How are you feeling about Metamora being exposed?

Maine West prevails

Pretty sure they were exposed on Saturday.

Maine West prevails

Felt even better Saturday...

Povi isn't has good as I thought. Apparently Benet has some internal issues, but still, props to West.

My other "exposed" calls looked pretty good...

Felt even better Saturday...

Povi isn't has good as I thought. Apparently Benet has some internal issues, but still, props to West.

My other "exposed" calls looked pretty good...

Not sure any supposed "internal issues" had anything to do with the Maine West win... both teams played very well and it was an exciting game right down to the end... hated to see it end for either team as they both played their hearts out. Lot of respect on the field from players on both sides in a hard-fought game.

MW punched them hard in the mouth in the first half and then Benet fought back, but couldn't quite close the gap.

Fun night under the lights... will be interesting to see if MW can give Willowbrook a game on Saturday!

Who gets exposed??? I would bet the farm that any team 0feet0 picks is gonna get exposed and go home. A sure lock. Lol

Not sure any supposed "internal issues" had anything to do with the Maine West win... both teams played very well and it was an exciting game right down to the end... hated to see it end for either team as they both played their hearts out. Lot of respect on the field from players on both sides in a hard-fought game.

MW punched them hard in the mouth in the first half and then Benet fought back, but couldn't quite close the gap.

Fun night under the lights... will be interesting to see if MW can give Willowbrook a game on Saturday!

hey, no disrespect meant to mw. congrats on their big win

hey, no disrespect meant to mw. congrats on their big win
None taken... it was a great game by both sides on the field w a lot of guys from both sides helping the other team up and very little trash talking.

One of those nights where you know neither team should have to go home w a loss.

Good luck to everyone the rest of the way!

Come watch MW play... fun group of athletes with a great young coaching staff. I’ll buy at the concession stand or after at a local watering hole!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT